main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Monday Mush Mania Discussion Thread and Index - Important Post (19th Feb 2014)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Monday_Mush_Mania, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Two Monday Mush Manias? :eek:

That would be far too awesome and I fear it might cause the end of the universe as we know it!

2. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Bwahahaha! Two Mondays to make up for the missing months inbetween - I like it! That would accommodate everyone who wants to write but can't. Just for December, it might be a good idea

Either one one works for me - I'll be working so I'll have time to write ;)

3. Monday_Mush_Mania

Monday_Mush_Mania Jedi Master star 1

Jun 9, 2007
    In the spirit of the upcoming holidays we have a new mush challenge.

Write a holiday themed vignette in which you use all FOUR of the holiday song lyrics listed below. (You do not need to use the song titles, just the lyrics.)

"Ho ho ho, who wouldn't go?" from ?Up On the Housetop?

?All is calm, all is bright? from ?Silent Night?

?Tis the season to be jolly? from ?Deck the Halls?

?Kiss her once for me? from ?Holly Jolly Christmas?

As always, you do not have to follow the challenge in order to participate.

For this one challenge ONLY there will be two Mondays on which to post: Monday December 14th or Monday December 21st. Have fun and be creative!

Happy Holidays!

4. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    OMG! I'd better get some buckets ready, I can see me melting from the awesome mush and turning to goop. :D

5. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Hmm..interesting. If we knew some other interesting phrases from another Christmas Carol, could we include that too in addition to these ones? [face_praying]

6. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    You could challenge yourself to use a phrase from a christmas carol/song as every bit of dialogue. :p

7. jadynjade

jadynjade Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2009
    Someone should do a Benella or a Ben/OC mush![face_praying] :D Don't really care as long as Ben is in it [face_love] I would do it myself but I'm not very talented when it comes to creative writing...... :(

8. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Benalla is it - that's who... Ben and Jys? I'm actually toying with an idea for a tag to my AU series with Ben as a centric character - we'll see.

And, as always, the challenge isn't 'necessary' when you're writing mush, right? It's just if we want to do it - we can write anything? Can we do more than one?

9. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Challenge is encouraged but no compulsory. More than one is most excellent indeed.

10. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002

Sweet!![face_love] I can't wait for this... and I admit it - I have one written for Saga and betaed already just rip roaring and waiting to go. A second is in the works for "Beyond" and possibly a third... If that's the case, I might just post the 1st one early, and go with 2 instead of 3 *laughs*

Gotta love MMM!!!! Such inspiration!

11. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm so excited for this!! I actually had time to sit down and write something, and it's twice+ as long as usual 8-} I [face_love] mush :D

12. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Silly question, here. Does the mush fic have to be SW, or could it go on the NSWFF board?

13. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    This doesn't have to be Star Wars, does it? Because I have this wonderful idea for a Star Trek fic.

14. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Oh man, I just wrote a vig... fit all four lines of the songs into it... and managed to make it a tearjerker! Though in a way, it can be 'mush' if not in the sense that it gives you warm fuzzies... or squee with delightful romantic goo. It's a little thing between father and son (Cliegg and Owen Lars).

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I also wrote mine already -- actually an SW one :eek: [face_laugh] featuring two sweet couples. :D

Cei -- I can't wait to read yours. Your Jim ... if he's anything like your Kypster -- =P~

Num yummy!

Just a wee bit over a week to go!!!

Yayness!

16. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I need someone to beta this vig for me. I'm not confident about this being mush.

17. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Three SW vigs finished - I think I might do a Non-sw vig too.... just for kicks.

Alexis: "Family Mush" is as fair game as romantic mush - there was even a challenge ages back about non-romantic mush for families, so father/son stuff - even if it's not 'goo-worthy' but showcases the closeness of the family, is probably fine.

I'll read it early if you'd like - and get back to you on if I think it's mush-worthy :)

18. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I'll take you up on that, thanks. PM coming your way. :D

19. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Family mush can be goo worthy, not in the same way as romantic mush but still . .

20. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002

*hand over heart* I stand corrected; family mush can certainly be goo worthy! I guess that came out wrong, eh? *grin*

21. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Indeed, and thanks to you, Jade_Max, I believe I've made an addition to make it truly worthy of the mush title. ;)

22. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Any time :)

This is going to be awesome; I just can't wait for next Monday!!

23. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I want to start my fic but I need an answer to the question I posted in the information thread. :(

24. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    It can go on any fan-fic board here on the site, so SW or non.

25. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Hm... I just may write a second one then :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.