main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Monday Mush Mania Discussion Thread and Index - Important Post (19th Feb 2014)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Monday_Mush_Mania, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I have a question that relates to the fic I want to write. If the child of a Jedi was brought up in an Academy/Temple/etc and was raised by Jedi parents, how young could they be to be plausibly using the Force? I don't mean with all the powers of a Jedi or anything, just basic push/pull stuff.

2. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    MM, I don't know anything for sure, but the little Jedi in Yoda's class in AOTC were very young--maybe 5 or 6 and they were learning stuff that Luke learned at, what, 19? I'd guess some things could happen unconsciously at very young ages, too, especially if the kiddos have been raised around the Force.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Woohoo! Two more days!

Hoping ginchy can also give us a little something ... shiny [face_batting] as in, L&M-ish and H.O.T. LOL

*melts!!!!!!*

[face_dancing]

4. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I seem to remember a sort of game called push feather in which jedi students not yet padawans would use the force to poke/push another student. This would mean they could definitely use it before they are padawans. Also, like ginchy mentioned, in AoTC, Yoda's students were using those blinder helmets similar to what Luke had used in ANH. So I would assume they could willingly use it quite young. I would also think that younglings, depending on how strong in the Force they are, could possibly have an instinctive use (levitating a desired object like a cookie or ball for very short distances) of it even younger... though the success and desired results may be not quite what they wanted as they wouldn't have the control or discipline needed (the cookie could crumble in mid-air, ball go too fast and bop them in the face, etc.).

5. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I'll have to see if I can do something tomorrow evening or on Monday, I've been ill this past week and I'm off to an all night party tonight. I do have some epic squee family mush planned though, but if I can't post it this week I can always post it next week. :D

Ginchy: thanks for the help, the fic is all good to go now.

6. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Woot! MMM day 1 is HERE!!!

And so, let's kick this off with a bang! :D

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/30622505/p1/?0] Every Time We Touch [/link] ? Anakin/Barriss Vig

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/30622489/p1/?0] Worth Waiting For[/link] ? Jaina/Zekk, Allana/Ben

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/non_star_wars_fan_fiction/b10808/30622492/p1/?0]Memories[/link] ? Drizzt/Catti-brie (NSWFF board)

7. Yuki_Englidy

Yuki_Englidy Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2009
    I found this challenge just an hour ago-
    and I love this!
    I want to participate on this challenge, is that possible?
    If it's possible, I am willing to post a mush fic at December 21st.
    It will be my first fic...:p

8. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Of course! Anyone can take part! :D

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  10. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Great to see some MMMs coming in so early! And, Yuki_Englidy please join in! Everyone is welcome. :D

As for me writing a fic, it'll have to be for next week. I haven't had any inspiration (or time) yet. ;)

Can't wait to see all the sweet mush you guys have gifted us with! [:D]

11. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
  12. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I won't be posting anything this week. It's nearly done but I don't know how to finish it. I also want to go through it and add more mush too. I'll work on some more fics this week though.

Edit: Miraluka: your link doesn't work, try this one instead.

13. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
  14. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I didn't really have anything too mushy this time. Aaaah, well, mush comes in it's own time. And I got distracted by a few costume things. I guess since there's a real possibility that I'll go to Celebration I need to get my lightsabers in shape.

15. Monday_Mush_Mania

Monday_Mush_Mania Jedi Master star 1

Jun 9, 2007
    Thanks for a great Monday, guys! Remember, there is one more December MMM NEXT Monday, the 21st, if you didn't have time to get your fic in yesterday.

Indexing will be done after that challenge.

Let's keep the mush and holiday spirit alive on the boards! :)

16. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I can't believe I spaced it and didn't post my story on Monday. Oh well, I can post it this next Monday. [face_laugh]

17. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Finished my mush and now I have to wait.

18. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I've just realised something. I've decided to stay with my parents for Christmas and I haven't got a copy of my fic anywhere but this PC, and this PC is staying at Uni. :oops:

Edit: because I am awesome, I have emailed it to myself. I will have an awesome entry (or two) for tomorrow. :)

19. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Yep, MMM is tomorrow, guys. And I actually have something to contribute. I am shocked and amazed with myself. LOL Can't wait for the holiday mush! :D

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    YEEEEESSSSS!
    Baby I've waited LOL

[face_love]
    [face_love]

21. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Is this using the same prompt? My muse didn't cooperate with that one. :p

22. scarlet_shiv

scarlet_shiv Jedi Master star 1

Jun 14, 2008
    Just wondering, do we have to write the challenge to participate in the MMM tomorrow?

23. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    It is the same prompt, but as always you do not have to write a challenge piece in order to participate. General mush is always accepted. :D

24. scarlet_shiv

scarlet_shiv Jedi Master star 1

Jun 14, 2008
  25. grinchy

grinchy Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 2006
    I decided to use my Christmas Sock to post my MMM. Still can't believe I wrote something! I had almost forgotten how to post a fic, it's been so long...

Midwinter Memories

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.