main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Monday Mush Mania Discussion Thread and Index - Important Post (19th Feb 2014)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Monday_Mush_Mania, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Mine has been done for a week, and it's torturing me wait to post it. :p

Oh, and wouldn't you know, now that I wrote two terrific OC's for this, I'm gonna have to expand the story further.

2. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I've got some mush. It's full of typos that I have to kill of by tomorrow. :rolleyes:

3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm really excited by today! It'll be my first day working at a new school and it's MMM! Today should be pretty perfect! [face_dancing]

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  6. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    In other words, your life is mirroring the challenge in a sense.

Well, here is my fic, Perhaps Tomorrow in which two OC's, a Jedi and a clone commander who disobeyed Order 66 must move on with their lives.

7. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
  8. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
  9. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
  10. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Mine's up too - decided to try for something a little different:

Changes

11. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
  12. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Ack, forgot this was today! 8-}

Home

13. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Mine is:

Keep Moving

I wanted action mush this time.

14. Lady_Tahiri

Lady_Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2001
    Done (and not a moment too soon - nine minutes to midnight): Save the Best For Last in Beyond

It's a Love Song Roulette Challenge and Monday Mush Mania all rolled into one! [face_dancing]

15. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Thank you for all the entries! [:D]

I know I'm a bit slow indexing them but I've been busy with the school I'm working at. Today is my last day though, which is sad, but I hope to have everything indexed somewhen tomorrow (Saturday). :)

16. Monday_Mush_Mania

Monday_Mush_Mania Jedi Master star 1

Jun 9, 2007
    All the entries have been indexed! Thank you all for the wonderful mush! [:D]

17. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Just a quick note, I've move back in with my parents and I don't have my desktop set up and all my MMM stuff is on there. Hopefully I'll get it up so we can have a challenge and a discussion topic tomorrow. The discussion will be a little different to normal, and I'll explain everything about it when I make the official announcement post. I just wanted to let you all know in case things get a bit delayed. It's not that I've forgotten, I'm just disorganised. ;)

18. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I look forward to seeing what you come up with :D

19. Monday_Mush_Mania

Monday_Mush_Mania Jedi Master star 1

Jun 9, 2007
    ANNOUNCEMENT TYPE NOTICE!!!

1. New Challenge

Topic: First Baby!!
    Deadline: 19th July 2010

A character has just found out and has to break it to their other better half, the worries and the complications that they think will come and the anticipatory joys -- then the big reveal and the mush after. Yum!

Thanks to Jade_eyes for this. :)

2. Discussion

Topic: Non-monogamy and mush

This time we'll be discussing the mush potential of non-monogamous relationships. This could be in the form of polygamy where one person has multiple partners, the relationship comprises of three or more people in the same relationship, or some other kind of relationship involving more than two people. Do you think such relationships are open to more mush, or less? Can they be as mushy as monogamous relationships?

The discussion this time will take on an experimental format. We will discuss it here for two weeks and then we'll move to the Same Sex Relationships thread where the topic can be discussed more fully as such relationships inevitably include some SSR aspects.

What I'll try to do in future is to either get the topic related to the next challenge or the previous one if it didn't get many responses.

3. Suggestions

Thanks for keeping the suggestions coming in. :)

20. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Hmmmm, first baby? I think I can do something with that. I do have some couples just waiting for babies. :D

As for the discussion, where to begin? I would like to point out that the topic refers to lasting and committed relationships where the people involved are all consenting and intend to be together for a long time. It is not about 'sleeping around' or having a lot of casual encounters.

Personally, I think there is a lot of mush potential in this kind of relationship. I know that family mush can work well and this isn't too dissimilar to that, in a way. I expect that squad-fics can be mushy too, though I'm not sure I've ever read any so I can't say for certain.

If anyone does have any questions that they don't want to ask in this thread then you can always PM me and I'll answer as best as I can. Like was said in the post above, this is just about the mush-ness. Anything to do with the same sex aspect will be discussed in the SSR thread. :)

21. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Darn it, I had typed up a bunch of stuff I wanted to share on the discussion topic, and somehow the browser went back, and when I hit the button to come back to this, everything I typed was lost. I'm too tired to type it all up again! :_|

Anyway, I'll try again tomorrow. But I'll type it up in a document then cut and past, as I sure as Sith don't wanna have that happen again.

As for the challenge... ooh baby, this is a good one (pun intended [face_clown] )

22. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    a nice challenge for a new character of mine:)

and with the clones mush can work. Who is the father[face_whistling]

23. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I agree with moosemousse that there can be a lot of potential for mush with... multi-partnerships. One of my favorite comics is from WaRP graphics, Elfquest. The elves were known to have threesomes with no jealousy involved whatsoever. There was one storyline where the wolfriders (one of the elf tribes) found another elf tribe (the Blue Mountain tribe), and Dewshine recognized an elf from that tribe (as telepathic beings, they had a subconscious way of insuring breeding that would bring about the strongest/smartest/whatever offspring in which when the two potential mates looked into each other's eyes they'd 'recognize' the inner soul name and they would mate). Her love mate, Scout, who was a wolfrider, was worried about her because the elf who recognized Dewshine treated her like a possession. He wasn't jealous, just worried because the other elf had no love for Dewshine. Anyway, later on, after the wolfriders parted ways with the Blue Mountain tribe (once they had a successful mating, the other elf wanted nothing to do with Dewshine... though he did kidnap the baby later on), years later Scout recognized another elf from their own tribe, and Dewshine danced with happiness when she found out. The three made a great partnership (tired Scout out in a good way ;) ). There was also another threesome in there, two guys and a female (Krim, Skot and Pike).

So yeah among consenting adults who don't feel like they need to 'possess' their partner, polygamy can work.

BTW, I came up with three OC's for a story that incorporates this discussion and the challenge. [face_laugh]

EDIT: I finished the story... now I must wait a very long time to post it!

24. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Alexis: nice! I look forward to reading it. :D

I've never heard of Elfquest, but I'd be interested in looking into it. I'm guessing it's been going on for a while though.

The only example I can think of would be Big Love, which is a TV show.

25. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Yes, Elfquest has gone on for quite awhile, and has several different titles (from different eras on the world it takes place on). The good thing is, you don't have to look for the comics themselves, as you can read them online for free at the official Elfquest website.

You know, I blame you for this (in a good way), but now I'm writing the back story to the vig I wrote for this challenge. I'll probably post the back story first, so it won't really be a backstory as posted. :p

I'm not even sure if that made sense. It's 1am where I am now, and I'm rather tired. I should never post when I should be sleeping! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.