Challenge Monday Mush Mania Discussion Thread and Index - Important Post (19th Feb 2014)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Monday_Mush_Mania, Jun 9, 2007.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Irish_Jedi_Jade Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh yay! I love the challenge. Will definitely have to write for it....get back in the swing of things. I'm so rusty!

As for the discussion, personally I'm not a big fan of polygamous relationships...but that's just me. I've read a couple fics where it was...interesting, but it's really not something I would ever want to be involved in myself, so I find it hard to write/read about it. However, I really like (though this is slightly different) I love the tension that's created when there's potentially "someone else" ... ginchy's "Green Eyed and Territorial" comes to mind.

Huggles,
    [face_good_luck] Irish
  2. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Great challenge idea!

Yes, I do think there is potential for some mush. I do not think that level of mush is as high as a monogamous relationship. I've yet to hear or read about a real situation that worked out where each person got the amount of attention, love, etc. they needed or desired.
  3. LandingGirl05 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    With that kind of a relationship in a story, there's potential for both mush (and lots of it) and angst. There's some fics out there that explore poly relationships as seen by a forth person not involved in said relationship... *wince* It turned into "stop this... travesty... or I'll never speak to you again." (Which was perfectly in character for Xander.)

Only thing here is working around board rules for such a story.
  4. ardavenport Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm going to be traveling on the next mush Monday, so I don't think I'll be able to make it?

Really, I think that Jedi have terrific potential for this kind of mush. They're not supposed to have attachments, so a possessive pairing is out (unless you break rules like Anakin). So, Jedi wouldn't have a problem with a group. As long as there were no attachments. Mush does not have to have attachments.

Who did Scout recognize? I didn't see a lot of the later Elquest series because I moved to a place where there wasn't a comic book store that I could get to and they weren't taking subscriptions for awhile.

5. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    That's why the discussion will go to the Same Sex Relationships thread where we can discuss the rules a bit better and be a bit more explicit about the relationships as it is marked 'adult content'. :)
  6. Alexis_Wingstar Force Ghost

star 4
    I know a certain Jedi OC who would be up for a threesome.

Scout recognized Tyleet, the daughter of Redlance and Nightfall. If you're interested in reading it, you can read all the Elfquest comics for free at Elfquest.com.

Truthfully, I don't see why it would be any more difficult to write stories with non-monogamous relationships within TOS rules than for monogamous relationships. I mean, really, the rules don't say anything about polygamy being taboo, and as long as you aren't graphic, it shouldn't be a problem.
  7. LandingGirl05 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    It wouldn't be THAT difficult... there's a POV to work with and that can be everything.

And yes. I'll be getting out of the sock now.
  8. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    It's not that non-monogamous relationships aren't allowed it's just that there'll be some sort of same sex relationship element, and as this thread is for mush I thought it'd be better to discuss the rules and rule bending in the SSR thread, that's all.
  9. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    My mush story is almost finished (will be a longer story with some chapters dealing after the 'I have a child' part) And with clones in the parallel story that can be really interesting.
  10. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Is it me or does the next MMM seem like a long way away? Everything seems like a long way away though, not just this. Maybe I'm going crazy. Maybe it's because time has slowed down. Maybe it's because I don't actually do anything all day except maybe play GT4. Still, I'm looking forward to the mush, which is always good. If I could get my brain working I'd trying and come up with something. [face_thinking]
  11. Alexis_Wingstar Force Ghost

star 4
    It seems a long way away to me, too. So, you're not crazy... at least on this account... I can't vouch for other areas. [face_mischief]

I may just write a second mush story as long as I'm waiting for MMM to roll around.
  12. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    It does seem like it's far away.

I'm about halfway done with mine, and then I need to find a beta for it.
  13. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Y'know, I'm surprised that there aren't a lot of fics nominated for awards, particularly the romance award. MMM generates so much mush and romance that I would have expected there to be a lot of nominees coming from here. With the Before nominations closing soon it would be a good idea to look back through and then nominate some fics.

Edit: and there have been several NSWFF fics too, so don't forget to nominate those over on the NSWFF board.
  14. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Before close Sunday. Hopefully some more noms will be sent by then.
  15. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    It's monday and here is my MMM

For the proverbs challenge; I got 25 Let your conscience be your guide.

And it inspired me to write this story that's also for the MMM challenge

Conscience
  16. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
  17. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
  18. Ceillean Force Ghost

star 5
  19. Alexis_Wingstar Force Ghost

star 4
  20. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Thanks to everyone who wrote something. I kind of forgot and spent all day asleep yesterday so I couldn't get anything done. :oops:

I'll add everything to the index tomorrow afternoon my time. I'll be waiting for a package to arrive so I'll do it as soon it does. :)

Right, time to think of another challenge and discussion topic. [face_thinking]
  21. Monday_Mush_Mania Jedi Grand Master

The index has been updated and now contains all the entries from this Monday. :)
  22. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    If we have an idea, should it be PM'd to the sock or put in the thread?
  23. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
  24. Monday_Mush_Mania Jedi Grand Master

*ginchy sneaks into the thread to post a challenge while MM is busy.*

The next MMM will be on Monday, September 13, 2010. This MMM will be a bit different, a bit heavier. It's about loss. Everyone loses someone they love, it's a fact of life and of loving. Write a vignette exploring the impact of the loss of a loved one on a character. Remember, you do not have to participate in the challenge in order to participate in MMM. General mush fics are always accepted as a part of MMM.

Be thoughtful and creative and we can't wait to see what you come up with!

FelsGoddess, feel free to PM the sock (there might be a bit of a time delay in replies) or post here in the thread if you'd like. :) Wait--MM beat me to the punch. LOL

25. Alexis_Wingstar Force Ghost

star 4
    This challenge will be a great writing exercise. :)
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade