main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Monday Mush Mania Discussion Thread and Index - Important Post (19th Feb 2014)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Monday_Mush_Mania, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot, ginchy!!!! The quote in your signature... I love it when she calls him "Master". [face_laugh] =P~ :)

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    :oops: I just did something really really stupid! I wrote a mush story for another challenge and posted it today as soon as I was finished. I should have waited 'til Monday!

3. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    I agree! :) That line will never grow old for me. [face_love]

I'm so pumped for this coming MMM day!! [face_dancing] It's gonna be great! I'm really looking forward to all the MMM's taking over the boards in the subject lines! :p

4. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    For some strange reason I couldn't shake out of my head all day an image of a very drunk Mara karaoking Carpeters' Close To You to Luke... :eek: [face_worried]

5. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007

LOL! [face_laugh]

6. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    Oh my...:oops:

I think I'll need some help up off the floor after this laughing fit. [face_laugh]

Cheers,
    Wyo

7. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    :eek: [face_laugh] Oh, now that's an image that will haunt me for awhile, because thanks to you sharing it, I can see it clearly... with Mara slurring the words and leaning against him because she's too drunk to stand up straight. [face_laugh] That is just too funny

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    No.... Mara's singing the song called "The Power of Love." Woohoo!!! With FEELING! [face_laugh] :)

OK, just found out "Shattered Remembrance" is likely gonna be kinda .... depressing in the Luke department, ;) so, could the L/M MMM authors writing this time around, please make their vigs into somethings that could be expanded into like, hopefully, epics? [face_batting] [face_dancing] I'm already anticipating a need for a serious and prolonged dose of mush. :)

9. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005

[face_laugh]

"And golden starlight in your eyes of blue...

ooh, ooh, ooh,

ooh, ooh, ooh,

*hic* "

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

10. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Drunken Mara singing Karaoke - there's a plot bunny. [face_mischief] Blast the lack of audio in fiction. ;)

Yoooooou light up my liiiiiife! You give me hoooooope...

to carry ooooooon!

[face_laugh]

11. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    ok, back to your regularly scheduled thread topic.:D

I think the mushiest scene in the SW movies was when Han told Leia she needed a scoundrel in her life.

[splat! Falls ded of mush.]=P~

He has won her already, and he knows it. She knows it too, but is still trying to deny her heart. So mushy! ;)

12. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    I think the 'MarasingingkaraoketoLukewhileslurringherwordsduetoanoverabundanceofalcohol' bunny is better suited for the "Galaxy far-far away Twelve-step program for Star Wars EU characters" thread. ;)

13. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Hmm, I don't know about the mushiest, but there are mushy scenes in the PT too. The "Are you an Angel" scene in TPM was really sweet, and the Naboo scene where Anakin pretends he got hurt by the bronking bronco was pure mush, and the scene where she finally tells him she really and truly loves him before going out into the arena.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

14. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    For me, the mushiest, most believable scene between Anakin and Padme was the scene in ROTS where he tells her he feels like he's falling. He sounded so vulnerable, so confused that it just seemed real. Sighs happily. Maybe I just like a man who can't seem to live without me! o_O

Yeah, the scene where Han tells Leia she needs a scoundrel in her life is one of my all time favorite. [face_love]

15. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    My favorite mush scenes between Han and Leia are in RotJ (and I always thought of them as in conjuction with each other even there are scenes that take place between them), where Han comes to Leia after the Luke/Leia brother/sister talk and Han winds up apologizing to her. Then later after the battle is over, Han tells her that if she loves Luke more than him, it's ok, he'll step aside... then she tells him Luke's his brother, the look on Han's face is priceless. The whole thing was just so adorable with him trying to be all noble and all... it just melted my heart. [face_love] @};- [face_love]

16. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    It's Monday, will there be a mush challenge?

17. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    MMM will be next Monday!

What'll happen on that day is that everyone who has written a MMM vig, will post it in the appropriate Era with 'Monday Mush Mania' in the title field. This time around any mushy vig will do. After next Monday, we'll come up with a challenge and a date for the next MMM.

I can't wait! :D

18. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    A vig? What's one of those?

19. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    A vig--I meant a vignette, a one-shot type story. :)

20. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Oh, one of those. Thanks. :)

21. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Does it have to be a vig? Can it be a drabble or set of drabbles?

22. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    I think I may have something for next monday... Not a viggie, but the first part of a story in three chapters... Is it ok?

23. furrylittlebantha

furrylittlebantha Jedi Master star 3

Dec 2, 2005
    As much as it comes unnaturally to me, I think writing mush is therapeutic. [confidentially]I actually sat down and wrote something this afternoon that featured Luke and Mara...alive, and on the light side of the Force the whole way through!!! :eek: Plenty of despair, though. [face_blush] Still, a major milestone for me.

So... most mushy scene. Hmm. I'd have to say the bit in RotJ when Leia releases Han from the Carbonite is high on my list. He's so helpless, and she loves him so much...[face_love] My all time favorite is the one with Padme and Anakin in the meadow, AotC. It was just so AWFUL. [face_laugh]

24. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    The idea of MMM is to have fun and post things that are light, sweet and airy. Like, fanfic candy. :D Alexis_Wingstar and Golden_Jedi, I think drabbles are wonderful and that the idea of a mush piece turning into a 3 chaptered piece is great! All I'm hoping for is a fun MMM with lots of mush! (Cause, I love mush. Can you tell? ;))

Re-reading the thread here, I think our use of the word 'mush' may be a problem. I thought it was just cute to call the thread "Monday Mush Mania" but with mush I don't mean sickly-sweet out-of-character fics. Are they sweet? Yes. Is that a bad thing? Not to me, and many others. But these fics are not everyone's cup of tea. And is that okay? Yes. Too, I know that one person's idea of characterization is not another's. But I think that's what fanfic is about. To explore everyone's ideas. There are a lot of fic ideas out there that I don't necessarily agree with, but it's their right to be posted--I think there's room for everyone on these boards. :)

So, let's have fun! I'm glad to see so many of you writing and taking an interest. I'm going to gobble up all the fics come Monday. Can't wait to see what's posted! [face_love]

Furry, I like that you say mush is therapeutic. I really think reading/writing it is very much therapeutic. It always leaves me with a smile, brings me up even if I'm feeling low. Can't wait to see what you come up with! :D

25. KILIK

KILIK Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    I've already written a 3 part story.

Can I use the part four for this challenge but post it in the others thead. That way I don't need to make thead and waste space. For one part of the story?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.