main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Monday Mush Mania Discussion Thread and Index - Important Post (19th Feb 2014)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Monday_Mush_Mania, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Nah, I think that's a fine date. I have a birthday in January, so it's still the holiday season to me.

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I'm not sure what happened to my reply (mayhaps I forgot to click on "Post Reply" :p ), but here I go trying it again.

Any day is good for shenanigans, holiday or no. [face_mischief]

I hope you're feeling better now. [:D]

3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Well, I'm into the 10th day of not being well, but it's only a slight cough now, which is a lot better than it was at the start (couldn't get out of bed).

4. Monday_Mush_Mania

Monday_Mush_Mania Jedi Master star 1

Jun 9, 2007
    So, it's about time to have another challenge! My idea of having a new one every either weeks kind of fell flat on its face, which is a shame, but there we go. Also, next year, I'll be more on the ball and have one ready to be posted the Monday before November starts, or at least have it saved ready for posting rather than finding time to write the post! But it's here!

The Challenge!!

So, it's that time of year when families get together and spend time together and give gifts. It's all a bit much for me as I can't cope well with social situations, but I hear that other people enjoy it. It's also great for some non-romantic mush too. Because the date is late January, I thought I'd open it up to be a bit more generic, so here it is:

Holidays and Family!

It can be any kind of holiday you want and it can be about any kind of family you want too. It is always optional so your entry could have neither in it.

The Date!!

Not as early as I would have liked, but it's still six weeks away, and that's the usual length of time.

The 21st of January!

I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Indexing

I'm looking into options for indexing the fics. This is by no means a small task so it might take a while. The question is, what do you folks want from an index? I'll be doing it by challenge as before, but would you want me to keep it offline and available on request, or would you want it online but off-site? At the moment I'm wary about updating the thread index as it will probably be undone once the post cropping has been fixed. So, what do you want, and what do you think will work best?

Icon

I'm taking submissions for a new icon. If you want to submit one, post it here or PM it to moosemousse and there will be a poll. Prizes to be announced.

5. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Oh boy oh boy oh boy, I already started plotting this one up. Should be interesting to see what I can do with my usual set of characters...

6. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Just one more week to get that lovely mush written and checked and ready for posting! Who's excited? Who forgot? Who'll be leaving it until the last minute?

7. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I didn't quite forget, but the last minute sounds abuot right :p

8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'll admit it... I forgot! *hides face* But hopefully I still have time to think of something!

Can I make a suggestion? If you change the title bar that says something like "New Challenge Due January 21st" more people may see/remember. If for some reason you can't change it, let me know.

9. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I haven't forgotten, but haven't written anything for it yet.

10. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006

I'm thinking of doing a story with Cleigg/Shmi & Owen/Beru all having a holiday dinner with Beru's family.

11. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I admit. I forgot about it. And this week is going to be busy, so I'll see what I can slap together at the last minute.

12. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh. Darn. I had no idea there was a new challenge up :( I would have totally done something. I could probably do a last minute thing, but I have a research proposal due that day :_|

Please try to remember to update the thread title (you can do that with old threads, right?) so that I can see when the next challenge is up.

13. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    Can I pretend that a story I posted was actually for this challenge? [face_sneaky]

14. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I hadn't changed it because I thought they were going to fix the truncated post problem quicker than they are and I didn't want to have to change it again. [face_blush] I'll change it from now on, and I apologise for any inconvenience.

15. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    It shouldn't have any effect on the subject, though I suppose it is possible. It's no worries, just thought it might help!

*ponders on some mush*

16. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Today's the day! I hope you've all got plenty of mush for me! I'm going to try something different this time. Instead of using the index in the first few posts, I'm going to index them in their own post. This means you'll get an index straight away and I won't have to hunt through the thread to update the index when the truncated posts problem has been fixed. I'll index them tomorrow or Wednesday.

Oh, and a teaser for the next one. I have it sorted and it falls on the birthday of a legend who died recently. It'll be related to his field of work.

17. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  18. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
  19. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    The only thing I got accomplished this week was drawing more sketch cards. [face_plain]

20. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Snap! I was going to do something yesterday but things got late. :(

21. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Do we have a new challenge for the 28th? Or is the one for 21st still ongoing?
    An even better question is whether this is still ongoing? Because since the post was truncated, I can't find the MMMs for more recent times.
    Also, Mush is describing romantic scenes without going into details such as way too much information, right?
    And it doesn't have to be Luke/Mara, does it?

22. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Oh, there's no challenge for the 28th. The way this works is that I put up a challenge and give it a specific date. Only fics posted on that date can be tagged with 'MMM' but you can post mush at any time.
    I will keep doing challenges, so don't worry about that. I have one that'll go up on Monday.
    Mush can be anything that makes you feel mushy. It doesn't have to be romantic, and non-romantic mush is always welcome.
    And no, it can be anyone you want. Just as long as you abide by the ToS, so that means no romantic Luke/Han mush.

23. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    Er . . . so what exactly is mushy? [face_thoroughly_confused]

24. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Considering my first foray into mush may as well have been a soap opera sex scene without the sex... and the second foray was just friendly stuff... Obviously I still need to figure out what "mush" is. :p

25. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I think we have our next discussion topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.