Challenge Monday Mush Mania Discussion Thread and Index - Important Post (19th Feb 2014)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Monday_Mush_Mania, Jun 9, 2007.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. ardavenport Force Ghost

star 4
    Alas, no mush from me this time :rolleyes: ; I have this computer training thing for work and not enough time.
  2. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Same. I thought I had the perfect story lined up, but it's kind of fallen of the tracks a lot and now it's not very mushy at all. It will get to the mush but not quickly enough and I need my sleep. :(

I do have a great discussion question though.
  3. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    I had an inkling, but it vanished. Thus, I have absolutely nothing. :(
  4. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    I had something, but it turned out more angsty than mushy :(
  5. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    And mine just vanished into stardust as well...
  6. Alexis_Wingstar Force Ghost

star 4
    Though it's no longer March 4 where I live, it is still March 4 board time, so here's mine: Stargazing.

It is connected to "The Bond" and features Shmi and Yane (one of Padme's handmaidens who has befriended Shmi).

Am I the only one who wrote for this this time? :(
    Last edited by Alexis_Wingstar, Mar 5, 2013
  7. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    Looks like it. I had an idea but never got around to writing it. It would have been from one of my prompts involving some master/padawan bonding between Dooku and his 9 yr old Padawan (his 2nd) and a comet shower. I might still do it some day.

Tapatalk Signature
    ----------
    Use the light switch, Luke. Trust your feelings!
  8. leiamoody Force Ghost

star 4
    I wrote something but closed the thread.
  9. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    You should reopen the thread and post it here.
  10. leiamoody Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, it's past March 4, but I'll reopen the thread and see what happens... here is my entry: Future Dream
    TrakNar likes this.
  11. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    It still counts as it was posted on Monday. :)
  12. mavjade It's so Fluffy Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Darn it!! I had a good idea for this past one and just never got around to writing it! :( I may have to write it anyway and I'll credit MMM for the inspiration. :)
  13. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    You could save it for next time? I'm not sure when that next time will be though.
  14. Monday_Mush_Mania Jedi Grand Master

Hi guys,

As you've probably noticed, there hasn't been as much mush as there used to be. I'm not sure what the reason is, so I'm asking you for some advice here.

What is it about Monday Mush Mania that you like? Is there anything you dislike about it? Are the optional challenges ok, or would you rather have something else as a challenge?

Challenge suggestions are always welcome, just drop the sock a PM and it will get added to the list.

I want to make this great again, but I can't do this without your help.

Edit: oh, and the sock is still looking for an avatar.
    Last edited by Monday_Mush_Mania, Mar 7, 2013
  15. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, this time, it was simply my muse wasn't there. I had an idea, but it was a weak one, and I got caught up in other stuff. It had nothing to do with the challenge. It had more to do with circumstance than anything.
  16. mavjade It's so Fluffy Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    I don't think it has anything to do with the challenge itself. It seems like less and less people are doing challenges overall. I have no idea why, just that it is.
  17. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    Can we link a mush story here even though it doesn't have anything to do with the challenge? I think this was answered before but I can't find the post.
  18. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    I agree with mav; I think general challenge participation is just down :(

I will add that I prefer optional challenges that are pretty open to a wide range. "Dating" and "New" were more vague and inspired more easily than "First Baby" and "Amatuer Astronomy," which had plots more written out within the challenge.
  19. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    Vague challenges do work better for me, as they're open to interpretation. Any interpretation. And sometimes, even the most mundane and vague topic can lead me down some very weird paths.
  20. Alexis_Wingstar Force Ghost

star 4
    LOL sometimes I can even take more specific challenges and turn them into something unexpected. My mind is twisted that way. :p Still, optional and vague challenges are best, I think, as they allow open interpretation and also give a better spark of inspiration. Sometimes, more specific challenges can be a detriment.
  21. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Cool beans. Thanks a lot for the input. :)

For what it's worth, the challenges are always optional. The only thing that isn't optional is the mush. ;)
  22. Alexis_Wingstar Force Ghost

star 4
    True, but you did ask us what we thought of challenges and how to make them better for the future. Speaking of challenges, I wonder when the Mods are going to organize the yearly Dare Challenge that we didn't have last year because of the impending move?
  23. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Yes, yes I did. :p
  24. RX_Sith C&G Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Any future MMM's coming up soon?
  25. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    There will be one. I've got a bit of a full plate right now and I really need to think about how best to carry this forward.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade