main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.

Challenge Monday Mush Mania Discussion Thread and Index - Important Post (19th Feb 2014)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Monday_Mush_Mania, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic & Costuming/Props Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Feb 25, 2010
    Grrr. With all my papers, I wasn't able to even think about this, but perhaps I shall take a much needed break and quickly write some pure, plotless mush tonight.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  2. Briannakin

Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic & Costuming/Props Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Feb 25, 2010
    RAH!!!! I did it :D It's not THAT mushy, but it was the best I could do in 3 hours.

Lean On Me

3. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan mush is a little predictable for me, I guess, but It's all about the recovery. ;)

Scars

It came out a bit long, so I'll post Part 1 today and the next 2 parts on the next 2 days.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    So of course, I made impromptu plans instead of writing and now it's late and I'm tired 8-} I need to stop waiting until the last minute! But I can't wait to read the others :)

6. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    I managed to write up a very short OC vignette. It's not fantastic, but it does sorta, kinda meet the mush requirement:

New World

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2004
    Great responses everyone. NYCitygurl - I totally miss your stuff too. [face_batting] @};-

NYCitygurl likes this.
  8. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Does anyone want to run MMM? I kinda forgot about it with my job and everything else that's been going on.

9. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    Well, I could go for a little mush, with enough lead time.

10. Viridian-Maiden

Viridian-Maiden Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 14, 2013
    I could maybe run MMM. I have no idea what that would entail, though...PM me maybe? [face_good_luck]

11. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    So, I posted a short fic, and it came out pretty mushy, and it happened to be ready on Monday. Is it possible for us to have a standing MMM for any Monday? Or should we stick to the challenge format with a specific date?

12. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    What exactly is Mush?

Thought I got an idea on the first page, then other varieties of non-romantic mush got mentioned, and I got lost again.

13. Viridian-Maiden

Viridian-Maiden Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 14, 2013
    Anything warm and fuzzy that makes you go "squee."

Nyota's Heart and Findswoman like this.
  14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay-dokey. I tend not to go squee a lot.

*Notices the red lettering on own avatar, and completely belies the above statement* :D

I think I know what you mean.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  15. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    I rather think that mush makes one go 'Aaaaaaaaaawwwwww'. Flash an image of an adorable kitten cuddled up with a baby rancor....with a bow around its neck..... gross sentimentality, that sort of thing.

16. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 5

Jul 31, 2014
    I am not much of a squee person either, as in, I cannot write a story that only centers on that (this comes from somebody who writes adorable characters behaving like the unhinged savages they are :p). However, I guess that fragments of my stories could count as mush.

17. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Feel free to post any mush here if you want to. The only thing you can't do is tag it as 'MMM' fics. As for when/what the next challenge will be, I don't know. I had a glorious idea of doing it regularly but health and work and reenactment got in the way and I suck at thinking of ideas.

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I shall have to read some of those stories linked on the first page to get an idea of what constitutes a squee generator.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.