main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Monetary compensation for voluntary sterilization

Discussion in 'Community' started by Emperor_Billy_Bob, May 12, 2013.

1. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    Does anyone else think this might be a good idea? Give people decent loads of cash (say, 50-100k) to sterilize themselves and their spouses? I would like, ultimately, to drastically reduce the population of the Earth, in order to allow greater sustained and sustainable (in a Green sense) affluence for those that remain.

2. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
  3. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    I say keep the cash in the public coffers and start mandatory sterilization for anyone who has ever been a guest on the Maury Povich or Jerry Springer shows.

Six men tested!

Trick question actually. None of them.

4. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I'm not fond of the idea.

Education, empowerment of women, access to clean water, sanitation and healthcare typically decreases the average family size and raises affluence, so I think we should concentrate on those.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I have been sterilized at my own request.

I want my cash, dammit.

jp-30 likes this.
  6. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005

this plan actually has the potential to work a lot more efficiently than all that mumbo-jumbo

Summer Dreamer and PRENNTACULAR like this.
  7. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    I would do that in a second. And then I'd adopt a couple kids to top it off.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  8. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Even if it works the way you intend it to, wouldn't this basically give us the same demographic problem as China is supposedly about to have due to its One Child Policy?

9. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I had to check the username before I clicked it to make sure this wasn't an OZK thread.

10. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    Overachiever.

11. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    no, it's pretty sound. for all of the families that keep having children they can't afford, now they can stop, whilst being provided with the means to get some cash and perhaps afford their present expenses. if you want children, then have them, no fuss no muss. nobody is telling you that it's illegal, it just is more of a luxury now than it was before. or not. it's like a choose your own adventure form of gene therapy. plus it weeds out the reproduction of people that think money is more valuable than children and it keeps the people that just can't stop squeezing them out from squeezing them out.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm waiting for him to come in and call this either unhealthy or evil.

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Better to derail a thread like this with his obsession with his **** than the homeschooling one.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Would this mean just getting a vasectomy if someone gave me the cash? If so, I'll take it, because I don't really plan on being a parent anyways, and the money would be nice.

15. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Danthejedi won't have children because he would rather buy toys for himself than his kid.

16. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    He wouldn't go for this. He doesn't believe in "breaking" a perfectly functional reproductive system (he believes that birth control does that... no way he'd go for sterilization).

17. DantheJedi

Aug 23, 2009
    Oh boy, I knew the peanut gallery would respond if I posted in this thread.

It's just that because of my condition, I don't think I'd be a good person to look after a child 24/7. They say real maturity is realizing your limitations, and I think this is it.

18. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    Vasectomy =/= Sterilization.

Vasectomy is when the tube that connects the testes to the urethra is severed. Sperm production within the testes still takes place, and pregnancy, though improbable, is not necessarily impossible. Vasectomy patients can still maintain and enjoy an active sex life.

With sterilization....the testicles are removed for good, and, naturally, sperm production ceases completely. Testosterone production ceases as well, and after a few months to years, one's sex drive becomes extinct. You won't even be able to have an erection without regular testosterone injections.

EDIT -- You'd also have to get rubber testicular implants to keep up appearances.
    [​IMG]

19. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    No need for that. If you want to control the population just enrol your kids in a public school somewhere in the US. The NRA and the GOP will kill them for you and you will have the self satisfaction of knowing that you have done your bit to preserve the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Emperor_Billy_Bob likes this.
  20. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    It's an unwise idea. It'd tempt people with debts to do silly things they'll regret.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    That's why I had to check the username when I saw the subject heading of this post before I clicked it. I didn't want to be accidentally or otherwise be drawn in about how sterilization/birth control is evil and paying people to give up their 'right/obligation/destiny' whatever OZK would have put it as via sterilization is an abomination.

Speaking for myself, I'm not quite sure how I feel about paying people to sterilize themselves.

Or the population booms to 8 billion what with the GOP and their ultra religious convervative allies insisting on Abstinice Only" education and banning all mention of birth control and sex education beyond that.

22. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    Putting the shoe on the other foot....

The GOP and NRA have nothing on Planned Parenthood when it comes to killing children in the name of "freedom". ;)

20 dead kids at Newtown Connecticut....vs. over 333,000 at Planned Parenthood centers across the US in 2011-2012.
    http://issuu.com/actionfund/docs/ppfa_ar_2012_121812_vf/3

23. DantheJedi

Aug 23, 2009
    Spay or neuter your teenager, like in this commercial:

24. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003

I actually don't care. About your lifestyle choices or your condition. Everyone has conditions. I was just saying something snarky on the interwebs like I do to everyone.

25. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    What the ****?

Sauntaero, V-2, Lord Vivec and 3 others like this.