Monkey Island Fun

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Imperial_March, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperial_March Jedi Knight

star 2
    Who here has ever played Monkey Island 1/2?

They're both excellent games (far superior to the third and fourth episodes) and they are FULL OF lucasfilm references especially STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES.

For instance @ the end of monkey island 2, you find lechuck is your BROTHER and you TAKE HIS MASK OFF.

Can anyone think of any others?
  2. Jedi knight Pozzi Force Ghost

star 6
    Gee, thanks for the MIsland2 Spoiler. :p

I've had a copy of the first game since it came free with a magazine. I, er, found a copy of the second game too, but I can't load it.

This are great games though, and I'll include the last two games as well.
  3. slavegirl Jedi Master

star 4
    I played a little bit of the first Monkey Island game years and years ago, and fell in love with it. Just last night I found a copy of Monkey Island 1 and 2, and I'm going to be wasting a lot of time with them over the next few weeks. :D

Bah, you just had to spoil the ending of MI2... :p
  4. malducin Jedi Master

star 4
    Well there is more to the ending of MI2 than that spoiler. It's also a diabolical game to play. Last time I played them was years ago. I do rememebr that in MI3 Threepwood ... I mean Guybrush attempts the OB1 Jedi mind trick on the cabana boy, hilarious. I'm sure MI2 had a lot more references.

Other games had stuff hidden in them. In the Dig, in a lot of the alien hieroglyphics you can find Star Wars, E.T. and maybe one Indiana Jones reference.
  5. Jedi knight Pozzi Force Ghost

star 6
    Erm...

[Go buy it. [face_plain] - jp-30 ]
  6. Jedi knight Pozzi Force Ghost

star 6
    Buy it? Where in the world could you buy it? It's 2003. Where do I find a decade old game? :D
  7. malducin Jedi Master

star 4
    Until recently LucasArts used to sell the old games in the LucasArts Archives collection. They recently replaced it with one that doesn't have the Monkey Island games. But if you look in stores where they sell games you might find it there. I think I saw one just a couple months ago.
  8. Imperial_March Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah, the old classic lucasarts graphic adventures have lots of these easter eggs. In Full Throttle someone says "Help me Ben! You're my only hope!"
  9. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    > Buy it? Where in the world could you buy it? It's 2003. Where do I find a decade old game?

You're Australian?

[image=http://www.gpstore.co.nz/images/games/1456383.jpg]

gpstore.com.au - Monkey Island Collectors Edition

There's also a black-box "lucasarts classics" double pack with just Monkey Island 1 and Monkey Island 2 floating about at a cheap price. They did a similar double package for Day of the Tentacle and Sam & Max.

Look in your chain stores for that, as it's a year or two since it was released.

10. Raithe Jedi Knight

Escape from Monkey Island (the fourth one) is really funny. I played it on PS2 and it made me go out and by the set with the first three in it.

This series is awesome, awww yeah.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.