main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Monroe County Fair

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Last minute idea. I know we got passes for the rest of the day at the fair, but I was thinking maybe since Wesley has not meet any of our fellow FF members from out of town, I could see if he would be around at MCH afterwards. Just a thought. I'll will see and maybe then ask them if they would be interested in going over or staying at the fair.

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I was going to suggest seeing if Wesley was interested in going to the Fair, but -KnightShade- just told me that he had already asked Wesley and Wesley had declined. So I guess that brings us back to your suggestion of folks going out to visit him. For us, I think we're going to stay and enjoy the rest of the Fair since we've never been to it before. But, maybe some of the Syracuse folks might be less interested in the tiny county fair (since they have the state fair in their backyard) and more interested in visiting Wesley. It couldn't hurt to ask!

~Doc_Bev

3. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Here's the new list of volunteers:

Definites:
    Star-Wars-Freak-JPB
    Doc_Bev
    -KnightShade-
    HothGirl
    JediAgent
    TD-027
    Karate-Jedi
    Matrix-Jedi
    LilLadyVader
    plus 5 from Tranquility

Maybes:
    Darth-Lite
    Padawan-adri
    DarthArjuna
    Ancient_Guardian
    Strawbary
    and 1 from Tranquility

If the maybes could confirm whether or not they will be participating that would be most helpful. Also we have a few extra passes hanging in limbo so if there is anyone else interested in volunteering PLEASE let me know as soon as you can.

Here are the FINAL DETAILS:

Volunteers are to meet at the Wegmans parking lot on the corners of Caulkins and East Henrietta Roads at Noon. There I will hand out the admission and parking passes. We can then all head over to the fairgrounds in how ever many vehicles we want (I have 25 parking passes). We've been offered a place to change into costumes in the upstairs of the Dome Arena. Then from there we will head to the SpacePort USA exhibit to mingle at the Luncheon until the Fashion Show. The Fashion Show will be on the main stage also underneath the Dome. After the fashion show we will be free to particpate in whatever we'd like or volunteer for some other duty if you're so inclined.

~Doc_Bev

4. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    Nicky,
    Do you have an extra pass for my wife? I normally need her to get me fully armored. If you don't we can purchase a pass. Just thought if you had an unused extra it would be nice.

Thanks
    Duane (TD-027)

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I'm pretty sure I will have extras, but I don't want to tell you that you can definitely have one until after I distribute to the volunteers while we're at Wegmans.

~Doc_Bev

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Thanks so much to Star-Wars-Freak-JPB, HothGirl, JediAgent and especially TD-027 for volunteering for this event.

We have been invited to participate in this event next year. So (although the President of the New Frontier Society is going to confirm things with me) pencil in Saturday July 16th 2005 onto your calendars if you're interested in volunteering.

I did try to take as many pictures as I could between everything else I was doing and I'll let you know when and where I post them.

Thanks again!
    ~Doc_Bev

7. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Thanks everyone for coming out to the Fair today and making another event a success. A special thank you goes to Doc_Bev for getting us involved in the reception and coordinating us. As you all know we have been asked to return next year which will be even more fun after Ep.3

8. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    It was fun, and we made kids smile. :)

Glad they enjoyed our company at the fair and we now have proof that Star Trek and Star Wars people can get along. ;)

9. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    Hey Everyone,
    I just wanted to say I had a blast! It was great to see you all again Rochester, Syracuse. The people from the USS Tranquility were terrific, I would do that next year in a heartbeat. Thanks to eveyone who helped me get around yesterday, My wife, Ryan, Katie etc etc .... Any chance to get out there in my armor I'm THERE! Plus like Katie said the Kids love us! Now all I have to do is heal up and I'll be ready for the next event! BTW nice job Nicky organizing the event, I know that was alot of work and I appreciate you doing it, Thanks-- Oh and I still think Darth Maul won the costume contest, Nice Lightsaber!

Duane (TD-027)

10. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    I just wanted to say I had a BLAST yesterday at the Monroe county fair. It was great to see Star Trek AND Star Wars fans getting along, having fun, and not shooting each other with blasters & phasers :p See, it IS possible! hehehehe Congratulations must go out to Nicky for organizing it and for everyone else who helped out. The costumes looked FANTASTIC!

For my last event with you guys before I move to Nashville, this was really a ton of fun. I'm glad I got to cram one more event in before I move :) Thanks for the great times & I am definitely gonna miss everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.