main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Monster-Mania Con 2

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by F16WarBird, Aug 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Hi! I know this isn't exactly Star Wars related but I know from being at similar cons (Chiller), SW is always in the house! Anyway, here are the details:

[u]EVENT[/u]: [i]Monster-Mania Con[/i]
    [u]DATES[/u]: [i]August 27-29[/i]
    [u]LOCATION[/u]: [i]Hilton Cherry Hill

2349 West Marlton Pike
    Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
    (856)-665-6666[/i]

[u]GUESTS[/u]:

[i]Robert Englund "Freddy Krueger"
    Ken Kirzinger "Jason" from Friday the 13th
    Verne Troyer "Mini-Me"
    Dick Warlock "Michael Meyers" in Halloween 2
    Gunnar Hansen "Leatherface"
    Tony Todd "Candyman"
    & a whole bunch of other people I don't remember.[/i]

[u]WEBSITE[/u]: [link=http://www103.pair.com/dhag/Convention.htm]Monster-Mania Con 2[/link]

[hr]

Philly FF doesn't have anything to do with this other than a few of us may go to hang out and have a good time. I just thought I'd mention it in case someone might be interested. Thanks!

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Aaw! Too bad it's the same weekend as CNSFX up in Toronto. We're already booked for that one.

Thanks for the heads up tho'!

~Doc_Bev

3. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    No problem. I just found out about this yesterday. There's plenty of other events in the next few months.
    Hopefully we can get Philly & Rochester together.

Joe

4. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    If I lived out that way I would be there in a heart beat. Chillier as well. Not for SW as much, but I would have to represent a little. I would be going for Godzilla and his fellow Giant monsters. And the big guy is 50 years old this year. There are plenty of Kaiju fans at those Cons, from what I hear. One of them that goes to Chillier and sets up is from Rochester as well. Hopefully Rochester's Con will be as cool as those eventually. I am joining in and doing my part to see to it along with others.

5. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    If I lived out that way I would be there in a heart beat. Chillier as well. Not for SW as much, but I would have to represent a little. I would be going for Godzilla and his fellow Giant monsters. And the big guy is 50 years old this year. There are plenty of Kaiju fans at those Cons, from what I hear. One of them that goes to Chillier and sets up is from Rochester as well. Hopefully Rochester's Con will be as cool as those eventually. I am joining in and doing my part to see to it along with others.

When is Rochester's con? I'd like to come up and hang out with the Rochester crew.

6. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    The Slanted Fedora Con is Friday through Sunday Sept. 24-26 http://www.sfedora.com/rochester,_ny.htm
    We will have a Fan Force / Rebel legion / 501st Table on Sat. and our big day will be Sunday when we do our Costume Social, which is going to be a two hour or so event in a room for everyone to mingle and talk anything related to costuming and props. For fans to see costumes and for Costumers to network and interact with each other and everyone else. There will probably be props and costumes on display on tables as well as some examples of materials and stuff maybe. Not exactly sure yet. There may be some refreshments as well. Hopefully there will be plenty of Con attendees in costume for this. Not just SW but anything Fandom related is welcome. Other FF members from Salt City Jedi. Young Jedi Niagara, and North Ridge will be here on Sunday at least, hopefully. Sat. is the Grape and Wine Fest Parrade up in Niagara, which is a big deal so that's why Sunday is the day for Fan Force mostly. I will be doing the SW club table on Sat. as well as my Godzilla / Asian Fantasy display table. That would be cool if you wanted to come and help out for a while, or just come anyway. If you can only come one day though, come Sunday.

7. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Ooh! That would be awesome!
    Please come up and visit with us if you can!
    We'd love to have you!

Big congrats on your first meeting today BTW!

~Doc_Bev!
    (I just figured I should put the ! at the end of my name too so that it matched the rest of my post! *geesh* I'd better hit the hay soon - it seems I'm getting way too !-happy!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.