main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Monsters / Creatures in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ScorpionJedi, Feb 4, 2014.

?

Choose your monster / creature

1. Banthas

5 vote(s)
    3.5%
  2. Space Slugs

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  3. Kryat Dragon (Not in bone form)

71 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Wampas

4 vote(s)
    2.8%
  5. Tauntauns

14 vote(s)
    9.9%
  6. Rancors

22 vote(s)
    15.5%
  7. Sarlaccs

5 vote(s)
    3.5%
  8. DewBacks

11 vote(s)
    7.7%
  9. Mynocks

4 vote(s)
    2.8%
  10. Dianoga (Death Star Garbage Compactor Monster)

4 vote(s)
    2.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Why do people think that's Bossk? Bossk's face was more lizard like. This guy is more humanoid.

Dewback and Toonimator like this.
  2. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

I agree; the big yellow alien guy is not Bossk.

They supposedly Casted a tall 7 foot plus man, like Mayhew, to be in TFA; I bet that he is the actor inside big yellow. It also definitely appears that they created a special costume, with extensions to make him not just thick, but quite a bit taller than whoever is inside the costume. I would like to see how the costume was designed to help an actor walk in it, and move his long arms. I can't wait to see these aliens on screen. They look like proper Star Wars aliens. :D

3. King3000

King3000 Jedi Padawan

Aug 17, 2014
    Unfortunately, I don't think we will see him walk, the guy sits in the chair for the entire scene, he is operated by 3 puppeteers. Only hope is if they add him in via CGI at the end of the scene when everyone rushes outside the Castle.

my kind of scum and starocean90 like this.
  4. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

I was hoping to see him walk. :( I hope they decide in Post Production to add a Scene, via CGI like you said, to show him moving on his feet. :D

5. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I'm totally with you. Obviously we can't judge the film yet, but it seems like they are going over the top with everything new:

New Stormtroopers
    New Imperial Logo
    New X-Wings
    New Aliens
    New Planets
    New Radar Dish on the Millennium falcon

I hope at least some of these aliens are from the EU or are aliens that are mentioned from the Clone Wars or Rebels. It looks like the ONLY thing that will be familiar will be the old cast

Seeker Of The Whills, yer totally right about recycling the aliens, especially modified ithorian and blue yoda!

I'm all for new stuff, but they could have thrown in a mix of old aliens as well. Not everything has to be from scratch.

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    He might not be Bossk but I definitely think he's a Transdoshan. Just look at those arms and hands.

7. Edgar Allen Poe Dameron

Edgar Allen Poe Dameron Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    I would love to see an updated Rancor in TFA or any of the new movies. Definitely my favorite Star Wars "monster"

Force Smuggler likes this.
  8. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Me too, but seeing a Krayt Dragon in all its glory would be cool too.

darklordoftech and Satipo like this.
  9. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Kraft would be very cool.

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Which, Krayt Dragon scream though?

11. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I hope the original!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Unfortunately the second one is the canon version now.
    The original sounds like a fearsome beast out to eat you imo. The current one? Shudder.

13. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    But look at that face & chin... those don't seem Trandoshan.

Flapjack4 and Krueger like this.
  14. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Other than the tusks he sure looks like one to me. And you never know Transdoshans might grow them as they get older or some might grow them while others don't.

CGI-BOBAFENT likes this.
  15. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    Only the color and sorta the shape are Trandoshan-like... his eye area is totally different, nose is somewhat similar but that's true of many species, the lantern-jaw is incredibly different, the mouth's set too high, etc.

16. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002

This is what I'm thinking, the higher res image shows he has the same head ridges as a Trandoshan, only thing that throws it is the chin tusks which like you say could be an age thing (kinda like Boss Nass compared to Jar Jar)

I'd say he's most definitely based on Bossk though if not Bossk himself (although until told otherwise I'm totally gonna stick with him being our favourite lizard man)

Darth Chiznuk and Flapjack4 like this.
  17. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Well I'd say the slight difference in facial structure is due to the fact that he's probably a different Transdoshan than Bossk. He's not going to look exactly alike but I definitely see enough similarities to believe he's the same species.

18. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I really don’t think that's supposed to be a trandoshan. I think it’s the colour scheme that's confused a lot of people. Anyway, I doubt there's a person inside there. Do you think it will just be something that sits there and occasionally moves its head? I would be huge if it stood up.

19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    You know what I'd love? If he and Chewie growled at each other. Just in passing a little shot of the two of them growling and no explanation for why they do it. I'd probably jump up and clap in the theater if JJ inserted something like that into the scene.

20. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Something tells me that creature is more of a sit down type than a stand up type. It may stand up after devouring so much prey it has to visit the pirate toilet facilities Maz has on offer.

21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    It's canon that the second version is Obi-Wan's imitation of a Krayt Dragon. That doesn't mean that it's the canon sound of an actual Krayt Dragon.

22. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Looks blah compared to JJ's ensemble. What's up with the guys with the black and white paint on their faces? It looks like they're going to a Raiders game.

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  23. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yes, it does. Tired of the same twenty alien races. The Star Wars galaxy should be huge, full of strange and wondrous worlds, and that means new and exciting localions in every film. You call it new — I call it expanding out. I'm tired of seeing a freakin Rodian, and what have you, everywhere. They bore the **** out of me now.

24. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014

It's weird having Obi-wan's shriveled old man voice go WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. At least the previous sounded more like a creature.

25. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    I'm more tired of humans everywhere. Seeing new alien species is all well and good, but I'd much prefer a pirate gang of a dozen new aliens and a few familiar aliens with only, like, one or two humans--if any!--than a dozen new aliens and half a dozen humans. The only Rodians I'm tired of are Rodians in pastel green & yellow suits with orange vests, which happens just from one viewing of ANH:SE thanks to Jabba's Greedo-clones, and then the one in Jabba's Palace in ROTJ, too. And I could stand to see Duros and Weequay just about anytime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.