main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Montauk Anniversary trip 10-1

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MasterSifo-Dyas, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    DB516 made plans for a DB516 Anniversary celebration day trip to Montauk point on Sunday October 1, 2006.

Here is a thread to start making plans for it.

I cant make it. --Billy

2. ark3

ark3 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 27, 2003
    Yup, our Montauk trip is this coming Sunday. We will meet at the Montauk Lighthouse gift shop at about 1 PM. You can buy food and soft drinks there, though many of us prefer to bring picnic lunches of our own. After lunch, we usually walk around on the rocks and the beach, wander in the grass and park-like areas, and generally hang out. Eventually we will head back west, stopping for dinner somewhere along the way.

Speaking of dinner, I think someone (Rob?) had mentioned there was a good steak/barbecue joint convenient for dinner. Could you remind us?

The weather for this Sunday looks decent, but not great. Still, the prediction right now (40% precip chances for Montauk, NY) is better than it was a few days ago. We will probably want to decide by Friday whether we want to go this week or postpone. Stay tuned to this thread for more information.

3. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    as I told you guys earlier i cant
    make it working on 1st & 8th =0(

4. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Still have to figure out who I can carpool with. :p

5. ark3

Jan 27, 2003
    Rob, I remember you can't make the trip to Montauk, but I thought you had said (at the last meeting) that you could join us for dinner afterward. Is that still the case? Anyway, could you remind me what steak/BBQ restaurant you were talking about? Or was that somebody else?

All, a quick roll call should help us figure out who is available to give whom a ride. Please post here if you intend to join us on Sunday and whether you can drive. Thanks!

(ETA clarification about who I'm talking to)

6. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    I'm coming Sunday and I need a ride.

Dad won't let me drive the car that far until he learns how reliable it is.

7. RnRJedi007

Oct 20, 2003
    Ark, your right about me. I did say that(about
    making dinner). I'll be home from work around
    6:30pm. Throw the dinner info on my house #.

8. ark3

Jan 27, 2003
    Okay, our Montauk trip is on for this Sunday, weather be damned! :)

As far as I know, the following people are going: Triss, Dana, Moriah, Chris, and me. I vaguely recall that Dan can't make it, but I'm going to call and verify this in the morning. Is there anybody else joining us at Montauk?

Moriah, I recommend you coordinate with Chris and Dana about riding with them.

Rob, did you happen to mention some sort of a Steak/BBQ restaurant at the meeting? I'm planning on looking up some good places at which to feed, but if you have a few suggestions that are more interesting than the usual Ruby-bees or Apple Tuesday, that would be great.

Remember folks, dress for wind and possible rain. Wear comfortable shoes -- we like to walk on the beach, on the rocks, in the grass, etc. Bring some food/drinks if you prefer not to eat the gift shop food. Bring a camera if you're into that sort of thing.

Did I forget anything?

9. RnRJedi007

Oct 20, 2003
    I thought we were gonna eat at Rudy Tuesday's
    (in Sayville off Sunrise) that we at other day
    (Hollywood event) .Plus thats were we at after
    last year Montauk trip.

10. ark3

Jan 27, 2003
    I know I said "weather be damned" but in the end I chickened out and postponed our trip for next weekend... So that's the situation. Montauk next Sunday, weather permitting. Let's hope for the best.

11. ark3

Jan 27, 2003
    This was a great trip (on 10/8). See the meeting thread for more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.