main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bing, NY Monthly meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Karate-Jedi, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    Anyone turn up for this months? (Oct)

2. TreborGahKor

TreborGahKor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    Yeah, Karen was supposed to post something about this. Past members included Karen, Myself, and Daniel. We also had four new members that seemed eager to learn more and wanted to get under way with learning how to make costumes. One guy wants to do a C3-PO, which I said would be a good compliment to the R2-D2's. It was a pretty exciting meeting and I have to say that someone must have left the cloning machine on again!

3. JediMasterWesty

JediMasterWesty Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2007
    "stands in front of the cloning machine and clicks it off while no ones looking and walks away whistling"

Yeah it was fun not being the only newbie there lol, although I had to take off rather early for work damn corporation. lol

4. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Well I have been thinking about this and I think that we need a newbie officer. Someone who can take down names addresses and email and telephone numbers of pertential new members.

I have thought long and hard and as Jeff is out accounts officer (with notyhing to count) and Karen is out events organising officer. i have asked Bob if he will agree to do this for me. That way he will get all the info that we need and get that information to mre and to those that need it.

So what do you say Bob. Up for it?

5. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Yeah, I would be more than willing to. I'm probably the only one anally retentive enough to keep track of that stuff ~ LOL!!

6. blairjc224

blairjc224 Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2007
    I am one of the 'newbie's', though I cringe at the title. I prefer: "Supreme Ruler of all Things Good and Evil, in Training". I haven't been a newbie since my days as a firefighter. Be that as it may...

You asked me to try to come up with a logo for the group, something that we could potentially use as a t-shirt design, or whatever. Well, I have come up with something that I think is pretty good. But, I don't have the computer to properly put it into reality. So, I will have it at the next meeting, in the form of a good old fashion drawing. Good Lord, does anyone actually do that anymore? Whatever. Anyways, I am pretty excited about it, and hope you all like it. Of course, no pressure for it to be liked or used, just know that I have mastered the Sith choke hold, in case there is a lack of faith, so to speak.

Oh, and No, I don't care about the newbie thing, I am sure it is used with the upmost amount of support and respect. :)

Later!!!!

7. celine

celine Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2007
    hello! I am one of the newbies that showed up at the meeting, trying to figure out the boards. A Star Wars fan and computer illiterate! Pity me!
    We would like to get started on the costumes. My husband has settled on dooku, and I am still undecided between Leia, Padme, or Mara Jade.

Any suggestions? Any links to cool costume sites?

8. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Welcome to FanForce!

FanForce costumin section is a nice place to start: http://boards.theforce.net/costuming_and_props/b10019/p1

~Doc_Bev

9. celine

Sep 26, 2007
    thanks! looks helpful. now i just have to dig up a sewing machine from somewhere...

10. JediMasterWesty

Sep 6, 2007
    Well just dont forget anything u need u can always ask for help here I have an old pattern I used for my jedi robes if needed for anyone new.

11. celine

Sep 26, 2007
    thanks Dan. Does anyone have a pattern lying around for anything that looks remotely like Dooku's tunic? or cape?

12. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    I don't but we can always ask around. I am sure someone in Rochester will have one.

13. celine

Sep 26, 2007
    great! thanks. let me know if one turns up.

14. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Next meeting is the 11th. normal place and time.

15. celine

Sep 26, 2007
    normal time is noon, right?

16. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Yep, noon at the Barnes and Nobles in Vestal. C-ya there!

17. celine

Sep 26, 2007
    hey I was also messing with some ideas/designs for a logo. Hope nobody minds if I bring them to the meeting!

18. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Please bring them along

19. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Sorry everyone but I don't think I will be able to make the meeting this month. I am doing the BU graduation at 12 so I will see what I can do. I might be there a bit late.

Ian

20. blairjc224

Aug 5, 2007
    Alas, I will be unable to attend as well. Family obligations. But, I did want to wish you all a happy holiday, and look forward to the new year.

21. blairjc224

Aug 5, 2007
    So, did I miss anything good?

22. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Not much. We did do some planning for our B-Sens night on January 19th, however. They'll be more info to come!

23. JagVader

JagVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2007
    -News Flash-

After the Game there is an open skate anyone who is interested in getting in some ice time with the players and kiddies bring your skates..
    I'll be in costume (Vader) and skating around.. Anyone else up to it? please pass this along to anyone else that might be coming.

24. JediMasterWesty

Sep 6, 2007
    oh man vader on ice????? is anyone else besides me a little scared at this? now dont go slicing up the children lmao

25. celine

Sep 26, 2007
    i'm a little scared as well. It would be like Star Wars ice-capades! someone needs to bring a video camera! are they allowed at the arena?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.