Monthly Meetings & Information

Discussion in 'Reading, PA' started by JediSoccerDad, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediSoccerDad Jedi Master

star 3
    This Thread is where I will Post Dates for the Monthly Meetings & related Information. Meetings will generally take place once a month & will be adult-oriented. More Family-Oriented Events will be planned outside the Monthly Meetings, so that our families can be included from time to time (and brainwashed into becoming a Star Wars Geek).

Special Meetings or occasions will be posted seperately, in case additional needs are nessesary (Example: Wizard World Philadelphia).

Upcoming Meeting:

Date: Saturday, May 12th
    Time: Afternoon Movie & Early-Evening Dinner

Mark it down, people :) More details to come..
  2. Pugglethelesser Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm good for the 12th. Spiderman 3?
  3. JediSoccerDad Jedi Master

star 3
    I think that will be the best choice :)

4. Patches37 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah we gotta support the Sam Raimi. Plus there is a rumor that Bruce Campbell is going to be Mysterio!!!
    ....oh and also the meeting...and junk...
  5. JediSoccerDad Jedi Master

star 3
    Grrrrr.. I'm going to be on a diet during this meeting.. ::pissed look::
  6. lightning-girl Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey guys, I'm gonna be in a play for my school, it's on the 18th and 19th, if ya want more info tell me.
  7. EighteenDelta Jedi Knight

star 1
    Rob lets set a hard time and location for the may meeting if you would. As I mentioned earlier it would be nicer to do the meeting earlier, like 2pm, for me, but you the boss man.

-x
  8. Pugglethelesser Jedi Knight

star 2
    So what is the address for the theater ? and is that where we're meeting at?
  9. JediSoccerDad Jedi Master

star 3
    Sorry for the silence. These last two weeke were Tryouts for my Team, so I've been wrapped up in a lot of stuff..

Lemme take a look at the Movie Schedule. I'd like to try and make this early, as suggested. Maybe early lunch/brunch & Matinee (sp?) Movie..

10. JediSoccerDad Jedi Master

star 3
    I looked at the Schedule. I'm thinking that the Fairgrounds will be a bigger screen. They have a 1:00 PM & 2:00 PM (they may change slightly on the weekend). How bout we meet at 11:45 AM - 12:00 Noon , for lunch & then go to the movies.

There is a good Thai Place near there & also a Asian Buffet that is pretty good & has some nice sushi.

So:

Day: Saturday, May 12th
    Time: 11:45 AM - 12:00 PM

We'll have lunch & then do the movies.

11. EighteenDelta Jedi Knight

star 1
    Perfect. I have been wanting to try out that Thai place. We watched 'hot fuzz' there before the last meeting, not a bad place. Good call, looking forward to it.

-x
  12. Patches37 Jedi Knight

star 1
  13. EighteenDelta Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thai not Buffett!!!

Grrrrrr....

:::angry eyes:::

-x
  14. Patches37 Jedi Knight

star 1
  15. Pugglethelesser Jedi Knight

star 2
    Dude, I still need an address. MapQuest is so tempermental with-out an address.
  16. JediSoccerDad Jedi Master

star 3
    I'll have the address up by Friday Night :)
  17. Pugglethelesser Jedi Knight

star 2
  18. EighteenDelta Jedi Knight

star 1
    So who is planning to show up tomorrow? I know Gia and I will be there, I am pretty sure Stacy and Rob as well. Anyone else?

-x
  19. Pugglethelesser Jedi Knight

star 2
    Dude, unless you bring your friend Tom, there is nobody else..........lol
  20. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    *waves hand*

There is someone else. :p

But unfortunately, I can't make it out to this one either. As I stated to Rob, Saturdays are a very bad day for me and I most likely won't be able to make any meetings set on Saturdays in the future unless something changes drastically at work.
  21. EighteenDelta Jedi Knight

star 1
    Tom will not be joining us this time, he is incarcerated in Jersey (not real prison, just the prison state)I guess that means no Steph or LightningGirl (don't know her real name, I know she is too young to drive herself and all)? I think that Scott and Tamy should also be welcome to join us if they want, doesn't sound like there is going to be another half left after the split. I was just curious, since I will probably be going in early with Gia so we can sit and work on some of our writing (fan film or one of our other dozen or so projects) like we tried to do last time... Instead we lost more than two hours of our time running all over central PA, nearly 60 miles out of the way in both directions, on top of the 40 miles to get to Reading. I wasn't exactly in a writing mood once we finally got settled into dinner. But if I know how many, I will get a space to hold us all.

-x
  22. EighteenDelta Jedi Knight

star 1
    The name is 'Thai Cuisine'
    Address: 502 Eisenbrown St, Reading, PA 19605
    Phone: (610) 929-6993

Since I think Rob is busy. We will likely be there early, but I think noonish is the time we are scheduled. Steph you posted as I was writing my response. What's your work situation? When works better for you? What time and what day? What do you do?

-x
  23. JediSoccerDad Jedi Master

star 3
    Thanks Chris :)

One problem.. I just called the Thai place & on Saturdays they are only open from 5PM - 9PM. It appears they are only open for lunch during the week..

I'd still ike to meet early.

Is the Asain Buffet an ok backup plan?

P.S. The people from the York Group are 'going down with ship', it appears. If anyone in that group decides to join the Reading Group, I am all for it, but I don't want to actively take their members. This was something I tried to avoid at the initial split.

24. EighteenDelta Jedi Knight

star 1
    Rob,

I understand your position with regards to the other group, and I respect your efforts. I just wanted to put it out there for those interested, if any are. I think that almost anyone from the york group who wants to join is welcome still... almost. It's not taking members if there is no activity. I say let people choose, but they need to know that it is a choice they are allowed to make.

I guess it's chinese buffet... Grrrrr..... (angry eyes at Gia)

So where is this buffet place we are meeting at then, since there has to be half a dozen within a mile of the theater?

-x
  25. JediSoccerDad Jedi Master

star 3
    For simple reason that we are not inviting the entire group (not mentioning name), I don't feel comfortable actively inviting other members. Trust me, they all know that they were & are welcome to be part of our group. For now, let us concentrate on getting our group going & doing well. After that, hopefully, we will see more & more ppl come to our group, be it new or from other groups.

As we get more & more consistient, I am going to post our meetings in FF's Main Page, being open to all. I am not trying to hold ppl back from the York Group, but I want to give them a chance to make it. If I start taking members, I have no doubt that our charming selves will convince them all to 'come over to the dark side'.. :)

Back to the Meeting.. I'll get the addres out tonight. I have to run some erands & will stop by & get the address, as well as the Movie Times..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.