Mass Monthly meets...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by chewykingwookie, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Dogfish-Head Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm quite alright with sitting that one out. I promise the Indy Marathon to be non-partisan :)
  2. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    I would be up for meeting up for a Patriots playoff game in January.

Docs in Milford is a great restaruant/sports bar and is fine for the under 21 crowd too.

The prices of the food are reasonable and the food is pretty good.

It is a sizeable place.

We could watch the game at someone's house also

Just some option..

This sounds cool!

Going out and experiencing playoffs with other fans is always fun... anyone interested in the AFC playoff game (should the Pats make it... **Evil grin**)?

3. DarthIshyZ Force Ghost

star 3
    And, yet another update:

January ? AFC/NFC Championship games (??)
    February ? Superbowl party?
    March ?
    April ? Indiana Jones movie marathon (for May release of Indy 4)
    May 3rd ? Kentucky Derby
    June ? Hot Dog Safari
    July ? My birthday is the 23rd? I?ll give you a lists of presents later.
    August ? Woodstock Fair
    September 1st ? Marlborough parade & BBQ to follow (??)
    October ?
    November ? SuperMegaFest
    December (TBD based on Nutcracker performance) ? Holiday party redux

I added August: the Woodstock Fair. I had a booth there last year and Christa, the Bean and I went to tourist. Did you know sheep actually sound like old men just blurting out "BAAAAAA!" Look like it too! It's one helluva country fair and that's coming from someone who comes from down South!
  4. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    I am more than likely out for the SB gathering. Got a lot of stuff to do. I may be available for a meet later in the month.
  5. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    Here is an idea for July. Jumpcon will be at the Boston Convention center. I want to thank the New Hampshire crew for posting a link to this con. Only one SW guest that I could see but who knows they might at more. It is July 18th, 19th, and 20th. There are like 50+ guests listed and from what I was reading on the NH boards a good lot of them are from the Dr. Who series.

Here is a link to the guests.

http://www.jumpcon.com/BostonConvention.html

This may be worth a trip into Boston this summer.
  6. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    Ian Liston (Janson, Wedge's gunner in TESB) is obvious b/c the page shows him in his pilot gear. Garrick Hagon is not so obvious b/c he's shown in just a regular publicity shot...he played Biggs Darklighter (Red 3, Luke's fighter pilot friend) in the original movie. This is an event I'd like to go to, from the looks of things. :D
  7. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    So... it's like a summer SMF with more general guests, but less Star Wars ones?
  8. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    rpvee, this will be more than just an autograph show. It'll be something like what the rest of the country calls a convention, with gaming, panel discussions, and Q&A sessions along with autograph and photo opportunities. Arisia, which I posted about in an earlier thread, was like JumpCon will be too, but Arisia, aside from this year, is more geared toward literary sci-fi and fantasy.

BTW, I'll be emailing my Rebel Legion/501st contact about JumpCon to see if they'll have anything planned. :D
  9. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    SMF is a convention, just a smaller one. It allows photos, last year it had great Q&A sessions, and autographs were available all day. SMF is not just an "autograph show". At least not to me.

Also, my name is Brian. ;)
  10. Darth_Beanie Jedi Master

star 2
    This looks like a promising meet for the month of July. They have a great list of guests.

This con should get a dedicated thread for updates and those plalnning to attend.

-Chris-

11. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    Noted and a new thread started. I was going to do that but wanted to see what the reaction would be so I posted in the monthly idea thread.

Jorge
  12. DarthIshyZ Force Ghost

star 3
    Oh, so my birthday isn't enough for a celebration? Well fine... an update:

January ? AFC/NFC Championship games (??)
    February ? Superbowl party?
    March ?
    April ? Indiana Jones movie marathon (for May release of Indy 4)
    May 3rd ? Kentucky Derby
    June ? Hot Dog Safari
    July ? Jumpcon
    August ? Woodstock Fair
    September 1st ? Marlborough parade & BBQ to follow (??)
    October ?
    November ? SuperMegaFest
    December (TBD based on Nutcracker performance) ? Holiday party redux

September and October need some firming up. I know it's a bit away, but parades generally take some planning if we're in it.

And October - there's got to be something even if we just all get together for a Halloween party. Hmmm... maybe someplace where there's easy pickins for the the younglings to go trick or treating?
  13. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Nothing against the Woodstock Fair, but I really think our August meet needs to be a group outing to see the Clone Wars animated movie. Who knows when any of us will get another chance to see an original SW production on the BIG SCREEN.

As for a possible October meet, we could always do a day at King Richard's Faire? It is a bit of a drive for everyone (Carver, MA) but I've been a bunch of times (both in and out of costume) and have never had a bad time.
  14. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    I would LOVE to do King Richard's Faire this year...
  15. sithkeith1701 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have never been to King Richards Faire. How is it?? Considering I only live 45 minutes away from where it is.........
  16. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    It's an absolute blast. A friend of mine, who since has become one with the force, introduced me to it back in the early 90's. I've gone a few times in street clothes but mostly in a couple of different 'woodsman' costumes that I made over the years. I haven't gone in a few years due to the kiddies being so young but I'm debating if this is the year that I introduce Wormie Jr. to the Faire.

You can check out their website here: http://kingrichardsfaire.net/
  17. Darth_Beanie Jedi Master

star 2
    I agree that the August meet should be a Clone Wars movie meet.

Like Mike said it is the last SW theatrical release we will probably ever see.

Unless they do the same with the live action show.

18. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    If anyone's interested, we are heading to the Mendon Drive In on Saturday night to see Indiana Jones followed by Iron Man!

:)
  19. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    I noticed that last week. That's a great double-feature.
  20. Darth_Beanie Jedi Master

star 2
    If I were to go to that double feature it would have to be on Sunday night.

The Mendon Drive In is only 10 minutes from my house. :)

21. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    Bummer... I can't do Sunday night. Kids are still in school. :(
  22. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    this is a good double feature for sure. I haven't been to a drive-in in yrs. But with Spencer it would be hard to do this unless we got a sitter.
  23. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    I noticed a discussion was starting in the October meet thread about when to meet and how many to have so I figured I would bring this thread back from the dead.

I am up for either quarterly or bi-monthly meets. I know I have been in hiding for a while and I apologize for that I have been extremely busy the last 9 months or so.

If we were to do a quarterly or bi-monthly meet schedule that could be best. Do a set number a year would work as well, but with that being said November (SMF) and December (Holiday party) would knock out two right off the bat and they would throw the whole quarterly and bi-monthly thing for a loop. I do plan on attending more functions when I can.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.