main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Montréal Montreal/Ottawa Joint Fan Force Event

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by GoddessJainaSoloFel, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    I have been talking with Minder, the CR for Ottawa. We have both agreed that it would be fun to get both Fan Forces together for a group activity.

1. What do you think would be a good activity to plan for us to do together?

2. Would you be willing to travel to Ottawa for an activity? Perhaps Canada Day weekend, as it falls on a Saturday?

2. Sonya_Antana-Sky

Sonya_Antana-Sky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2005
    Huh...when is that, exactly? Is it supposed to be an outdoor or indoor meet? Because maybe it would be great to use the ideas everybody had for a group activity before?

3. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    We haven't agreed on a time or place. This is just a thread to get ideas as to what you would like to do if we invited the Ottawa Fan Force here or if we went there.

I was suggesting going to Ottawa for Canada Day (July 1st) as it falls on a weekend and there would be lots of activities to choose from there to do! :)

Perhaps we could invite the Ottawa Fan Force to Montreal on a long weekend as well. Victoria Day is an option or well in Ontario they have a long weekend early in August. Perhaps that would work out well for them and if they came here it wouldn't matter to us that it isn't a long weekend here! :)

We could use one of the suggestions as an activity. Perhaps the water slides at St. Sauveur???

I'm looking for general comments at the moment! :) Please post ideas!!!

4. Lady_Jedi_Skywalker

Lady_Jedi_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    Sounds likea great idea. I like the Mount St. Sauveur idea, too. Also I got a few suggestions. We could try laser quest, the movie theater, paint ball, la Ronde. I guess there'd be a few other ideas too, but I'm not really the best one for that seeing as I live an hour away from there! :p

5. Darth_Nurse

Darth_Nurse Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2006
    Goddess, as we talked the other day, I'm welling to go and I can drive and I have 4more seets for the others who wants to come with us! But it depends if i'm working or not!

6. Lady_Jedi_Skywalker

Mar 18, 2003
    *leans to whisper to Val*

If you are leaving from T-R mind bringing me on your way up?

7. Darth_Nurse

Jan 14, 2006
    LJS... I don't mind but it gonna be in the summer so I don't think I gonna be around T-R but will found a way so you can come... don't worry

8. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    I'll come and get you LJS if Darth_Nurse isn't there ;) One way or another you'll get to be with us for a wonderful FF event like this :D Both for the trip to Ottawa and the water slides :)

9. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I hate being the guy with the downer attitude, but Canada day in Ottawa is pretty much crowd bath everywhere you go.

But,

I have been to the museum of technology and science in the past and I really liked it. I would be delighted to go again. and maybe at another museum as well (I think there's one with dinosaurs and all, like the Redpath here in Montreal but one you need to pay to get in.)

10. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    It would be the natural history museum, if there's dinosaur fossils etc. I think the hardest thing about going for Canada day would be getting a hotel room! I'll start a poll....

11. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    What Hotel... and there I figured we would sleep over at one of our friends place watching movies 'till the wee hours of the morning..

^-^

12. Lady_Jedi_Skywalker

Mar 18, 2003
    Yeah I thought about that after posting Val...

I figured you wouldn't dare leave me all alone down here Goddess!

13. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    I wouldn't leave you behind LJS! :)

14. Darth_Nurse

Jan 14, 2006
    We won't leave you behind LJS... I already told you that!

15. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Actually, it is the Museum of Nature!! And all admision is free on Canada Day I believe.

Hello all. My name is Elijah. I am a Mod over on the Ottawa forum. Just thought I'd stop in here and say hi.

There have been a lot of great suggestions abuot events we could do. I really like the La Rounde idea. I LOVE coasters!!! Uilmuteiz is right though, Canada Day has TONS of people. But I think that is a fun part about celebrating CD in the capital!! It has been a couple years that my wife and I have been because we have gone upto the cottage and just relaxed.

These ideas are great. We will try and come up with some more. It would be fantastic for us to get together and meet eachother. That is what FanForce is all about!!

Take care!!

Elijah - VaderFanForever

16. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    Hi Elijah, I look forward to meeting you in Ottawa in the near future :) Welcome to the Montreal FF boards :)

17. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Elijah when did you become a mod. That is news to me young man ;)

18. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Mike,

When Rob became the FF Rep, he made me a mod. Not sure why though. To be honest, I don't really know what I am supposed to be doing. Anyone have some ideas? Thanks.

19. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Only Seb and I can create mods/RSAs and that also requires the blessings of the other FF RSAs. I believe that he made you a mod on the Ottawa Yahoo forum.

20. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Yep, he did. Sorry about that [face_blush]

Elijah

21. Ekasra

Ekasra Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2004
    Hi to everyone who doesn't know me, I'm Ekasra or William from both SWEndirect and newcomer to the Ottawa Boards. The other major museums we have in Ottawa are the Avation and the new War museum. To bad you guys weren't coming in the winter, i'm sure the canal will be long closed by then with the weather we're having :D

22. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    Hey Ekasra, nice to see you here :)

I'd be happy to have dinner at The Elephant & Castle. We could ask to reserve the downstairs section and have the tables set up so we can all talk :)

I've seen the Canal in the winter and it's very pretty but I'm glad that we'll be well into spring/summerlike weather :)

23. Spudtrooper

Spudtrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2006
    Hmmmmm stairs woooooooohoooooo another thrill ride[face_praying]

24. Ekasra

Ekasra Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2004
    Remember that the legal drinking age in Ontario is 19, and there will be two 15 year olds on the Ottawa side :p

25. Minder

Minder Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    Elephant and Castle is a Resturant. There should be no age problem as long as they dont try to order drinks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.