main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Moonlit Matinee 2009

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    The movie list for the 2009 Moonlit Matinee is up on the Oaks website.

The usual meet time is 11:30 on Saturday nights. Unless noted, admission is $7.00 in advance / $8.00 at the door (cash only).
    Advance ticket sales begin online and at The Oaks Theater box office Friday, May 8.

Friday May 22 and Saturday May 23: The Room (2003) (Local Premiere!)

Friday May 29 and Saturday May 30: Monty Python?s The Life of Brian (1979)

Friday June 5 and Saturday June 6: Vertigo (1958)

Friday June 12 and Saturday June 13: Sixteen Candles (1984)

Friday June 19 and Saturday June 20: Road House (1989)

Friday June 26 and Saturday June 27: Bubba Ho-tep (2003)

Friday July 3 and Saturday July 4: Jaws (1975)

Friday July 10 and Saturday July 11: Friday the 13th Part 3 ? in 3-D (1982)

Friday July 17 and Saturday July 18: Showgirls (1995)

Friday July 24 and Saturday July 25: Black Devil Doll (2008)(Local Premiere!)/ Dolemite (1975)
    Double Feature! Black Devil Doll filmmakers Jon & Shawn Lewis at both screenings!
    Both nights show begins at 10pm! $9.00 in advance/$10.00 at the door.

Friday July 31 and Saturday August 1: Return of the Living Dead (1985)

Friday August 7 and Saturday August 8: Pulp Fiction (1994)

Friday August 14 & Saturday August 15: Karate Kid (1984)

Friday August 21 & Saturday August 22: Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982)

Friday August 28 & Saturday August 29: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971)

2. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    [image=http://www.lookatmeshirts.com/products_pictures/sweep_the_leg_sized.jpg]

3. PrincessB

PrincessB Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2007
    Sounds cool

4. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    The first of the Moonlit Matinee films is tonight. If you are interested, meet at 11:30 PM in front of the Oaks Theater in Oakmont.

The Room:
    One very lucky ticketholder each night will win a Moonlit Matinee Film Festival Full Moon Pass, good for a single admission at any festival screening!

The first 50 ticketholders each night will receive a complimentary promotional DVD (w/ soundtrack) of "The Room", courtesy of Wiseau Films!

Pittsburgh Premiere!

We're kicking off the7th Annual Moonlit Matinee Film Festival with this so-bad-it's-good cult phenomenon! A hilarious indie black comedy detailing the goings-on of one steamy San Francisco love triangle. Johnny is a successful banker who is a bit too trusting at times. Lisa, his beautiful blonde fiancée, is (unbeknownst to Johnny) a manipulative taker with a double personality. And finally, there's Johnny's best friend, Mark, who has a good heart, but ultimately gives in to Lisa's temptations. "Are you ready to see reflection of your own life?" Lies, betrayal and tragic consequences... oh, my!

Since its initial release, the film's popularity has grown, with monthly screenings becoming an interactive experience similar to that of "Rocky Horror". Audience members dress up as their favorite characters, toss footballs at short distances, and shout commentary about the dialogue, the sets, and an inexplicably recurring close-up of a spoon. Audience participation is encouraged. Let it be stated, however, that throwing spoons AT the screen is not a good thing. Throw them up... and duck! Spoons provided.

5. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    I'll be back in town towards the end of June, so I'll be able to make some of these.

6. SuperChill

SuperChill Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 8, 2005
    Sadly I missed Monty Python tonight but I am up for Vertigo next Saturday if anyone is interested. I have never watched this movie but Alfred Hitchcock directing Jimmy Stewart sounds like a good time. Who's with me?

7. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Unless something comes up between now and Saturday night, I'm in.

8. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Pulp Fiction this Saturday, Aug 8. Anyone interested?

9. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Step aside Butch.

10. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Repo The Genetic Opera. One night only, Friday, at midnight. Be there for this twisted and strange tale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.