main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Moraband

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So I was re watching the yoda arc yesterday and I thought there is some weird stuff going on at this planet for instance those snakes Bane and so on so forth so lets talk about the home world of the Sith
    And its future in the star wars Universe.

2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Moraband, Korriban, does it really make a difference?

3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Darth Zannah and Pfluegermeister like this.
  4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Did anyone in this thread say that it did? Seems like you're the one that wanted to start that discussion.

I hope to see Moraband again - the way it's portrayed in TCW was chilling and just plain awesome! Wouldn't mind seeing more of Bane as well. I'm doubtful Rebels will go there, but maybe in some future series or movie we'll get to see Moraband again.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  5. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    That fake 4chan leak a little while ago described a final duel between Obi-Wan and Darth Maul on Moraband.

I really want to see that now.

6. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I'd like to see a series or movie return to the planet, the time spent there was brief, so it could be explored in some depth.

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder if Moraband was always a desolate rock or if the Sith made it that way. I'd love to see the Sith use it in the ancient wars that Yoda mentioned.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

It does not but do we ever hear the words Korriban in TCW. No we don't thats why this is titled Moraband and don't expect to hear Korriban again in Canon.

Pfluegermeister and Lady_Misty like this.
  9. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Rebels is doing a lot of stuff with the tripping spiritual side of the force instead of you know forming a rebellion. Still it would be cool to see he Ghost crew head to Korriban. Seeing Darth Bane would also be interesting, not sure if it would fit in though.

darklordoftech likes this.
  10. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    In the a Q/A with Dave he mentioned they are the same thing and that both names are exceptable. I wouldn't expect to here it anyway since the comics, books and movies won't be touching that era anytime soon. TV and comics are preoccupied with the OT and the movies got the new ST.

11. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    George is the one who had the problem with the name because he can't hear the distinct differences between Coruscant & Korriban (or Gungans & Goongans), and he's out of the picture. Since Filoni and Hidalgo (or Chee, or both; I forget!) said that worlds can accumulate multiple names via time & different cultures, both are valid. If/when it's ever revisited in the new canon, I expect we might hear a reference to it as Korriban--even if it's just someone looking it up in a historical database and referencing the old name.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

GL loved messing with EU fans and I love it.

13. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Trolling the fans who helped line his pockets is a good reason to be glad he's not involved anymore.

14. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Lucas' renaming sounds more interesting and deadlier and has a direct real world meaning, like Mortis. Reminds me Greek and Roman mythology and middle Ages Christianity and Dante's Inferno kinda stuff . Same thing with Stygion prison, Stygian means of or relating to the river Styx, and also means very dark. Lucas and Filoni did seem interested in the ancient times. Although I have a suspicion the Tales of the Jedi authors got Korriban outve Caliban which could have a few meanings, maybe why it reminded me of Caliban and Caribbean or some reason.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caliban

15. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    it's an old enough planet to have been called both. it's still korriban if you want to call to that.

rumsmuggler and Toonimator like this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    At the time I never really cared what Lucas did not would I have if he was still in charge of LF.

17. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Well I mentioned many months ago, it was possible Maul is using the abandoned planet as his current base of operations and gaining further Sith knowledge, possibly through Bane or some other ancient presence. Perhaps his forces turned against him during some invasion by the Republic on Mandalore , some of the Death Watch lieutenants or Almec felt they were on the losing side and Bo-Katan had her Jedi allies had out numbered Death Watch. Maul warned Katan that history would not see it her way, in that she was treacherously wrong in turning against him and Death Watch. I could see Maul cutting through treacherous Death Watch or Nite Owls , Clones and Jedi alike and getting the hell out've there. But its equally possible the Empire is stationed there to guard the Sith relics. I kinda get the feeling however that the canceled Darth Maul video game wouldve featured the Sith planet in some capacity, as the character was to been on a mission to destroy all the Imperial Sith which were to him an affront against the Order of Bane.

Ventress for some reason sports the black serpent of Moraband as a motif on her armor.

18. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    "Some reason"? She's a wannabe Sith, it's the Sith homeworld. Makes sense to me.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  19. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Wouldn't Sidious sense Maul on Moraband, just as he did with Yoda?

Lady_Misty likes this.
  20. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    It's gonna be pretty much impossible to start a thread like this, about the planet, and with a big ole "MORABAND" right there in the title, without immediately touching off certain quarters and getting a bristling knee jerk reaction. "RAAARGHBLARGH! KORRIBAN! KORRIBAN! BURN THE HERETIC!" That's just the way these things go. I've seen this kinda thing play out before.

21. Werebazs

Werebazs Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2013
    Not going to happen. Filoni made it clear, that Bane was just another illusion crafted by the Priestesses. He also stated that during the writing of the arc Lucas explained to them that the Sith are mentally incapable of becoming ghosts, because -quite ironically- it requires a level of selflessness, that the utterly selfish Sith couldn't even fathom to understand.
    Not necessarly, he only knew that Yoda was there, because once again, the Priestesses "told" him.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

He might be talking about something else like Holocrauns.

23. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I'd love for Talzin's spirit ichor to manifest and direct Maul to this planet to gain more knowledge and power in order to defeat Sidious. They could give us a flashback to when Sidious and Talzin shared knowledge and were perhaps on this planet at one time.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I would also love to see maul learn how to use force lightning after he goes to Moraband.

25. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    There is more than one way to commune with the dead, holocrons or spirits, yes. Sith shrines have lively power in the new continuity which effects the living.

[​IMG]

- Star Wars:Tarkin(Luceno)

Sidious and Tyranus became alerted by the Sith spirits if you remember, that also took the form of snakes, they told the living Sith of the time that Yoda was trespassing. While Ventress was a Sith apprentice of Dooku's, my point was that is unexplained why she is wearing the snake motif on her shoulder armor & she wears one as a torc necklace in the ballroom. She was not shown on Moraband, it would be a very loose and ambiguous connection - am curious however if its mentioned on Dark Disciple, maybe she was brought there by Tyranus as part of her early training or if the snake design was something that appeared to her in a dream - or it could have no meaning at all just the design team reusing stuff. But I would imagine they'd have everything connected rather than being just generalized, but who knows as of yet.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.