main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX More activity for Houston members??

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth Dorky, Nov 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Dorky

Darth Dorky Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2000
    Seems like not a whole lot goes on in this forum, surely there are a lot more SW fans in the area.

Question is, how does one go about rallying the troops? It'll probably be easier when it gets closer to release day.

2. specialagentcooper

specialagentcooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2001
    a lot of it is due to our being a new group. we're still working out schedules and activities. if you're willing to help w/ planning activites, hosting, whatever send weaves an email at drone23@hotmail.com.
    if you've got any great ideas for activites post em here, or tell one of us.

3. bebo_lokk

bebo_lokk Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 16, 2001
    Hey y'all, I'm still here. Just been extremely busy lately. Hope everyone is doing well. Went troopin on Halloween with the kiddies...and scarin' the rest of em'. I'll see the movie tommorow, but with my boys. Even though my reason for going is different than theirs >:D

4. weaves

weaves Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2001
    hey, no worries about being busy, how about harry potter on friday night?

ps..hows the jango costume going?

5. bebo_lokk

Aug 16, 2001
    Ah yes, the Jango costume is nearing completion. I should be getting my helmet this week and I'll be re-conditioning it. Speaking of which, a boo-boo was made and I'll be getting two Don Post boba fett helmets. So if you know of anyone in the area that wants to take one of them off my hands, it goes for retail value.
    The armor is all complete and my wife is in the process of making my vest.
    I hope to have it looking really good for the release, is anyone else planning on doing an episode II costume for the release?

6. weaves

weaves Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2001
    Nice!!! The official site has a few new jango pictures in the databank. I like the one piece effect with the chest plate and shoulder armor. I don't think Boba's was that way-

7. Master-Omaj-Kadub

Master-Omaj-Kadub Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 22, 2000
    I think Boba's outfitt was to resemble the wear and tear of years of bounty hunting....

I hope SW/fans in Houston can get things together before EpII opens....

8. DECO_DROID

DECO_DROID Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    hello all,
    this is my first post here. just thought i'd check in. i'm in the north houston area around fm1960. my wife and i were planning on dressing up as jedi (as we did for episode 1) and seeing ep2 at midnight wednesday night! we were at the amc 30 near baybrook. i thought we had the best chance of getting in there because it's the amc with the most screens! anyway, if we can make any of your meetings, that would be great. i'll keep checking these boards. by the way, did anyone here dress up for the mfah costume contests they had outside foley's last summer? just wondering if there's anyone here i would recognize. talk with you later!

9. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    Hey, nice to meet you! I live near you- I live right off of Aldine Westfield! We really don't do alot here, but I think there are more meetings and stuff in the making.

10. bebo_lokk

Aug 16, 2001
    Hey there!
    I live near that AMC 30 you went to. And yes, I did dress up at MFAH. For the opening and I won most creative costume in my stormtrooper armor. I dressed up in my Fett costume at the First Colony mall semi-finals and took first place. At the finals, I had the choice of which costume and I picked the Fett since it was all home-made, but I didn't even place. There was another stormtrooper and Fett, I figured on Fett since it had some personality, but I can only guess that me and the other Fett cancelled each other out. If I had worn the trooper armor, I'm sure he and I would have cancelled each other out. You may have met him at the foley's semi-finals.
    Also, remember that on April 27 there is going to be a sci-fi convention. Let's all plan on being there.

11. DECO_DROID

Mar 13, 2002
    it's great to hear from you guys. i'll see if i can make that sci-fi convention. is that the next time all of you will be meeting together? are you planning any midnight toy runs when the new sw stuff is released? --- yeah, we didn't win place at the woodlands or willowbrook foley's we went to, but it was still fun. later!

12. DECO_DROID

Mar 13, 2002
    uh, it's getting closer. anything being planned yet? just wondering. hey, i picked up some sw cereal at wal-mart last night! neat boxes...

13. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Hmm...all this talk...I need to go to Wal-Mart.

14. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    Hey guys! I got the cereal too (a surprise from my stepdad!) We should probably start thinking about some sort of meeting...

15. DECO_DROID

Mar 13, 2002
    okay, this is getting ridiculous. the movie is almost here! where can we meet? where was the last meeting? how about friday the 19th at 7pm? anyone? just trying to get the ball rolling...don't make me invite you guys to my place! how about a starbuck's? bennigan's? i'm flexible, i just think we need to meet before may 16th! when are you guys available?

16. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Hmm...maybe I could pull off going home that weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.