main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

More American Graffiti just came out on DVD. Your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Obi-Wan2001, Sep 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    As of 9/2/03, More American Graffiti finally gets released on DVD after being out of print on video for, God, who knows how long. I haven't come across a video store that's had this to rent in at least 10 years. It was about as hard to find as an ancient artifact that Indiana Jones was searching for. I only saw it on tv as a kid, and barely remeber it. It definately seems to have a bad reputation, though. Which makes me even more curious about it, being a big fan of the original American Graffiti. I'm sure alot of people here haven't seen it at all. But the time has finally come for this long, lost sequel to find an audience again.

I'm going to pick it up soon. How about you guys? And what are your thoughts on More American Graffiti and seeing the characters again?

2. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    Although I don't care for this movie, it is good to hear that Lucasfilm is pushing all their movies for release on DVD. Rumors about the OT DVD being released Fall of 2004 is sounding more likely.

3. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I've never seen it but liked the first movie and will rent the dvd.

4. Darthkarma

Darthkarma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2000

That film just didn't have the same "heart" as the first one. More American Graffiti
    felt contrived to me, and I usually don't
    say that about films, especially Lucas's films. It just seemed like a stretch,
    and the director BWL Norton did a competent,
    but not especially inspired job.

I'll probably watch it on DVD out of curiousity, but I'll probably be more interested in the DVD behind the scenes features and interviews.

I always that the film was really hurt by the fact that Richard Dreyfuss wouldn't do the sequel. It took some wind out of the sails of the project.

The first GRAFFITI film is an American Classic.

5. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    The first movie "American Graffiti" was very cool. But the end the film told us about where and what would happen to our heros.

It ruined the idea of a sequel. Some films should be left alone and un-molested. I don't wish to own "AGII."

6. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Won't be buying that.

Although I appreciate that AG2 tried to do something different with a sequel, not just rehash the first one.

The girl in the t-bird loves you!

7. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    You do know that More American Graggiti is the third part of the Unknown Lucasfilm Trilogy? Radioland Murders is belive it or not a prequel to American Graffiti. The main characters of that film are Richard Dryfuss' AG character's parents.

8. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    No, I didn't know that, Gobi-1. That's very interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.