main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

More Clone Wars??

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CompletedCircle, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CompletedCircle

CompletedCircle Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    I would love to see some filler episodes of clone wars to help explain some things like Anakin's padawan training or Obi-wan's. I think Genndy deserves more work from Lucas...

2. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    Ended, the clone wars have

*openly weeps*

3. amazonstorm

amazonstorm Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2005
    God, I was hoping for more, but Master-Fett is right....ended, the Clone Wars have....*weeps* No more sexy as hell animated Anakin......

4. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    [the oracle]Everything that has a beginning, must have an end[the oracle]

5. Steve_Dave

Steve_Dave Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2005
    Has there been any official word that this is it?

6. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    I don't see how there could be more. ROTS is out in 53 days and change.

!snap

7. Steve_Dave

Steve_Dave Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2005
    "I don't see how there could be more. ROTS is out in 53 days and change."

Why can't they have new ones in 8 months or a year?

8. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    They could do more cartoons, but it won't be Clone Wars.

I don't see more cartoons coming anyway, after ROTS they'll be concentrating on the live action TV series.

!snap

9. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    They could do more cartoons, but it won't be Clone Wars.

I don't see more cartoons coming anyway, after ROTS they'll be concentrating on the live action TV series.

!snap

I don't think that they would or will do more Clone Wars, but I think it would be possible... focusing on other Jedi whose stories haven't been fully covered... quite frankly after these episodes I'd love a little more Saesee Tiin... the guy just whooped some booty... and same with the Ithorian and Talz... they could develop all those secondary characters even more... but I agree. They won't. I think its possible that they'll try something new in the animated field, but I agree that concentration is rather on live.

10. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    There was a recent interview done on Sansweet on Now Playing Magazine, and it says that Lucasfilm:TV is next for Star Wars. They are looking into both live action and animated star wars, as well as video games and there looking to expand Lucas Online. So this with Star Wars 3-d coming out from 2007 and beyond. Will have star wars for a while at least. How long though, it depends.

11. ARCstudent

ARCstudent Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2004
    I think this move towards live action is pretty stupid. With animation you can do almost anything with Jedi powers. And creativity was through the roof compared to the movies. I think that using live action will result in mediocre actors looking really stupid trying to do blue-screen work. I'm queezing at the thought of a mixture between Power Rangers and Charlie's Angels. If it is for kids there will be no violence and either way the effects are going to look cheesy.

The Clone Wars has been the best use of the Star Wars franchise I have seen since the original trilogy. It also happens to be the cheapest too. Here's hoping that we get more GT. But at the same time hoping we can get a little edgier/bloodier.

12. WookieDroppings

WookieDroppings Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2003
    The more the better!

13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>and either way the effects are going to look cheesy.<<

CGI effects on live actioon sci-fi shows has come quite a long ways in the last few years- they're better than the Special Edition FX by this point and probably just about at TPM-level effects by now.

14. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    I think this move towards live action is pretty stupid. With animation you can do almost anything with Jedi powers. And creativity was through the roof compared to the movies. I think that using live action will result in mediocre actors looking really stupid trying to do blue-screen work. I'm queezing at the thought of a mixture between Power Rangers and Charlie's Angels. If it is for kids there will be no violence and either way the effects are going to look cheesy.

The Clone Wars has been the best use of the Star Wars franchise I have seen since the original trilogy. It also happens to be the cheapest too. Here's hoping that we get more GT. But at the same time hoping we can get a little edgier/bloodier.

Who said there had to be Jedi powers? Additionally, there is plenty you could do in live action that would come across as poor in animation. Just because 'there are no human bounds in animation' doesn't mean that its better. Boundaries provide for good reality.

As to the mediocre actors, they'll just have to cast well, now won't they? Blue-screen work isn't as essential or as difficult as you seem to be making it out. And if by no violence you mean no action I disagree. If by no violence you mean no blood splattering out of people and horrific war scenes, then I agree. And I don't really want to see that either.

15. magickcache

magickcache Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2005
    This would probably never happen, but personally I would love to see a Tartakovsky rendition of the OT. I think it could work really nicely if they broke the films up into a microseries or 1/2 hour episodes. They could also try some different perspectives and really elaborate on the main story similiar to what the NPR Radio Dramas did...

16. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    That would be a bad idea. It's sad to see the Clone Wars go but when those credits start rolling at the ROTS opening night..

17. magickcache

magickcache Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2005
    Ok
    That would be a bad idea...because...?

18. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    For those who have Hyperspace, you can read the last chapter of the Making of Episode III book. In it, Lucas talks about how the CW TV series has been extremely successful and that they're going to do half-hour long episodes.

19. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    StarDude-You beat me to it. Yes, there is the article there and at least the indication of GL in his conversation with Frank Oz is that the Clone War cartoon series is succesful and he wants 30 minute shows of the clone wars. There was even a small sentence about having Frank direct an animated movie. It's going to be interesting to see what they do, one thing that is starting to become apparent to me is that the live action and animated shows will probably centered somewhere in between the 6 movies. I don't see GL allowing it to go beyond that. I believe he is going to let the comic books, video games, and novels tell stories away from his 6 movies. Both the Droids and Ewoks cartoon are inbetween the 6 movies. The two Ewok movies though could be another matter. Time will Tell.

20. Anakin_skywalker_V1

Anakin_skywalker_V1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2003
    I think it would be cool if they made a clone wars style version of the jedi purge. It could show what happens between ROTS and ANH. Just imagine a cartoonVader hunting down jedi and been able to witness the conflict and his regret about turning to the darkside.

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    What makes you think he'll regret it? o_O ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.