main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MORE CLUB ACTIVITIES!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by jedi5150, Jul 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
    While we were camping, Erin suggested that we all make a trip to the planetarium at BYU-I...I think this is a great idea! My question is this: What else would be good activities to go do as a club? Any ideas? Bowling? Laser Tag? Golf? Mini-Golf? Underwater Basket Weaving???

Let's have some fun!!!!

2. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    Okay Star Gazing Time:

I called BYU and this is what I was told. They have shows every Thursday at 7pm. They will be closed for the month of August, but will open up in September. The room will hold 65 people. If we go on a thursday night and want to try and get in with all the other people that go, it is $1.50 a person. They told me that since we might have a big group, it would be better to schedule a day (all they need is about 4 days notice). If we do that, it would cost us $35 for a group less than 24 people and over 25 it is just $1.50 each.

I would like everyone to visit the website and pick at least 2 shows they would like to see, that way we can hopefully see the one that everyone wants to see.

http://www.byui.edu/planetarium/

Erin

3. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    A couple quick ideas:

Wiener roast and star-gazing at the Sand Dunes- I know it's a long drive, but the sky's nice and clear out there...

Game night- Get together for board games/videos games/whatever else we can think of

Collecting Road Trips- Even if you don't find anything, it's great bonding time (Erik and I used to do this all the time, and look how close we are. No, not that close!)

What about a trip to Yellowstone, or Craters of the Moon? I know this stuff takes cash, but we can work this out...

4. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    Laser tag would rock (way to go ryan). We could also go bowling (get ready for Bowling for Kids Sake). How about going to Tautphas (sp?) Park or Riot Zone and play there?

For the Con in October........are we going to try and get a couple of hotel rooms and share, or what? I really think that we all need to go, and that this will be a great bonding time.

5. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    I am up for trying new things, (hence the reason I am in this club) and I think that since we all get along, let us try and get to know people more. Why don't we pick a book (erik can recommend) or a comic (ryan or adam) and read them, then talk about them. I know we are all busy, but if nothing else, this is taking time for yourself. It could bring us closer, let us see other's ideas and opinions and such.

Just the opinion of a stupid girl, tell me to shut up if you want. Then bite me!!!! :)

6. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
    all sound great! I'm in (unless I'm broke at the time)...

As for the con in october, The boys and I will probably stay with my Dad....

7. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    I think if the club wanted to read a book together reading one of the Clone Wars books would be a good idea since they build up to Revenge of the Sith. Shatterpoint which features Mace Windu would be a good one. The book doesn't require having read the other books plus it was just released as a paperback so it isn't too pricy.

8. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    that is cool. where can we find the book, and how much is it mr erik??

9. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    It is available whereever fine books are sold for probably around $5 or so.
    The book was written by Matthew Woodring Stover. The same author who is working on the Revenge of the Sith novelization. Shatterpoint is a pretty dark book. After reading it is easy to see why he was hired for ROTS.

10. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    i think we need to mention the book thing at the next meeting. and since it is cheap, that is cool too!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.