main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

More computer graphics in the Classic Trilogy? Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Empire101, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Empire101

Empire101 Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2004
    I think that more computer graghics added to the classic trlogy would make the fight scenes better and the ships look better. The Special Edition was great but I think that more CG's would be great. No offense to Classic Trilogy lovers, for I love them too.

2. Alfie_Moon

Alfie_Moon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2004
    I always wanted the Battle of Hoth to be more like that what was originally envisioned. I also felt that the Battle of Hoth was tactically unsound from the Empire's viewpoint, sending in armour without infantry support. So if they were to make the battles more realistic rather than mere mindless CGI displays, then yes, I would be in favour of added CGI if it were to make the scene in question more realistic and dramatic.

3. Benny_Blanco

Benny_Blanco Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2002

Well to be fair, a LOT of FX in the OT still look great today - most of the space battles, etc, but I think some of the "ropier" effects (Rancor, ANH sabres) just look silly, so in that case there IS a case for more CG to be inserted. But ONLY when it`s going to add to the film/saga continuity, not just for the sake of it (as George is wont to do).

4. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I would definitely welcome more of everything in the battle of Hoth, especially from the Empire.
    After viewing the battle of Geonosis, it feels a little.... little.
    Anyway, I think that more CG would probably be fantastic, because ILM always does fantastic stuff with it.

not just for the sake of it (as George is wont to do)

No, he isn't.

Cool! A locked thread that I can post in :D

5. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I'm sorry, but here is a thread for things you'd like to see
    here is a thread for things that were changed
    and here is a thread for things that (probably) will change

and I'm sure there are a few more about this kind of topic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.