More continuity problems (Clone Wars spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by JediMasterGuff, Nov 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I just read Ewok_Pudu (Better known as part of Darth Friday), that Durge will be killed by Chapter 10, and Asajj will in fact be killed by Anakin in Chapter 19.
  2. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Durge may be "killed" but he's likely to not die, given he's a Gen'Dai and all...
  3. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I geuss that's possible, but that wasn't the impression I was given when I read it.
  4. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
    Guff its more likely they are defeated, not killed.

Besides this has to stay consistent with the comics and books etc.
  5. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This is what he said:

I should clarify, I can't say for SURE that they die. I just know that was the original plan of the arcs. Durge dies at the climax of the first half of cartoons. Episode 10 ends with a cliffhanger leading into the 2nd half of cartoons. Asaaj dies at the climax of the 2nd half. Obi and Ani each get a major villain to kill that way. Episode 20 ***Ep3 Spoiler*** and gets you excited to see ***Ep3 Spoiler*** in Ep 3. Make sense?

So it's possible they die, it's possible they survive.
  6. Celticsfan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Cool, if it turns out to be true.

I was just talkin' to my brother, and we were debating whether Assaj Ventress would survive her duel with Anakin or not.
  7. masterskywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    "I should clarify, I can't say for SURE that they die. I just know that was the original plan of the arcs. Durge dies at the climax of the first half of cartoons. Episode 10 ends with a cliffhanger leading into the 2nd half of cartoons. Asaaj dies at the climax of the 2nd half. Obi and Ani each get a major villain to kill that way. Episode 20 ***Ep3 Spoiler*** and gets you excited to see ***Ep3 Spoiler*** in Ep 3. Make sense?"

It's nothing to fret about, here's why.

Durge is practically invulernable, any way they have of killing him can be retconned. Even if they blew him up and flame throwed the peices, he could come back together. Problem solved.

As for Ventress, there are several option. It depends on,

A: Where the killer blow is landed.

If she just gets stabbed through the stomach or something, its no prob. Mace Windu recently got stabbed through the gut with a lightsaber and made a full recovery (Shatterpoint).

If she gets decapitated, all they need to do is switch the cronology around. Anakin DOES kill her on Yavin IV, but it's at a later date. He goes off to do other missions and stuff when he loses "Ventress' tracks" (He follows her in Episode 10). He then kills her at a later date on Yavin.

Simple. :D
  8. ukiyokaze Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think the cartoon is just giving us an overview of the Clone Wars as a whole, running parallel to the other EU media, so even if Ventress dies it doesn't really create a continuity problem (for example, after she jets off after Anakin, she has her comic book exploits such as in Jedi: Mace Windu, etc, etc, then shows up in the cartoon again in time to get killed on Yavin).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.