main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

More Details on The TV Show!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Indy3, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Here

Hi, Harry:

I will make it short. Rick McCallum, the co-producer of Star Wars the Revenge of the Sith, revealed the details of Star Wars TV series when he was at the press conference in Japan today. The article I read was from the Mainichi Shimbun (Mainichi Paper) web site, a reputable newspaper in Japan.

He said,

The story will take place in about 20 year span between Episode 3 and Episode 4.
    It will depict how characters end up being together (didn?t mention who).
    It will depict how Luke grows up.

George Lucas will start working on it as soon as he finishes Indy Jones, he said. The production will start next year, and the whole series will be about 100 hours long.

He also mentioned 3-D version of all six movies ?within two to three? years.

Interesting?

FYI, the link for the original article is below. It is in Japanese:

http://www.mainichi-msn.co.jp/geinou/tv/news/20050617spn00m200004000c.html

Translate in here

http://www.systranbox.com/systran/box

All I can say is, WOW

2. DARK_VADOR

DARK_VADOR Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Not too thrilled about that. Are we going to get a another Jake Lloyd-esque character running into trouble all over Tatooine and getting into pod races?

I've got a bad feeling about this.

I was hoping we'd get more insight into the rebellion, new Imperial villians, and new plantscapes.

I guess there is so much you can do on the smallscreen.

Looks like this series is Tatooine bound.

Ugh.

3. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    It will depict how Luke grows up.

GL said it will be about the minor characters. I assure you, Rick isn't akways entirely true when it comes to him saying things.

4. -Darth_Pozo-

-Darth_Pozo- Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2004
    I'm not too crazy abot that idea either.... I don't want to watch Luke grow up, I want to see the Empire grow up!!!!!!! as long as the rebellion! maybe some remaining Jedi going around... Please George!! give us what we want!!
    If there's only 4 or 5 episodes about Luke, then ok, I can deal with it... I want this TV series to show us what's going on in the entire galaxy, there'll be a hundred episodes!!! of course you can show all of it!!

5. Boola Cronk

Boola Cronk Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 1999
    Jeez folks....get a grip! One quote and everybody starts thinking the entire show is going to be about Luke. I highly doubt that it will focus on Luke growing up. What point would it serve? Luke never leaves Tatooine before ANH and the Empire never showed its face on Tatooine until they had reason to and that was when they were looking for droids. So what story could possibly be told about Luke? Im sure if anything, there will just be a few moments in a couple of episodes dealing with a younger Luke but thats it.

6. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    I don't understand this. I thought Lucas was not going to focus on the main characters, unless maybe the focus is going to be on Biggs and some of Luke's other friends. So, which is it?

The other thing I am worried about is, what audience are they going to go for with this? Is it going to try to be all things to everyone, or are they going to cater to guys in their 20's, 30's & 40's. I am hoping for the latter, since it will be the building of the Empire and less on supposedly cute characters that sell fast food/toy figures for children.

I am hoping they explore how the Sith & Jedi are the same/different and show more of what the Force can do, and that it is directed at an adult audience, rather than young teenagers/children.

7. Fite2Unite

Fite2Unite Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    "Little Moisture Farm on the Prarie"

ugh.

8. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    "I assure you, Rick isn't akways entirely true when it comes to him saying things. "

Very true

9. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Yeah and according to Rick Boba has a vendetta against the Skywalker family and Hugh Jackman was supposed to be in ROTS.

10. TARKINS_FOUL_STENCH

TARKINS_FOUL_STENCH Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2005
    Full House on Tatooine is really a bad idea. [face_sick]

11. JediKink

JediKink Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005

"Jeez folks....get a grip! One quote and everybody starts thinking the entire show is going to be about Luke."

True dat. People seem to read whatever the hell they on the internet and take it like it's unassailable. We don't want to be like Dan Rather and the Bush National Gaurd papers or the Koran scandal.

These people don't always get the facts straight. And if the do have them straight, they often want to spin a "certain point of view" on them so it makes them look better.

Still, GL might have changed his mind. Or outright lied to hide his plans. Who knows.

12. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    Don't forget this is an AICN rumor, and they have not had a good accuracy rate as of late.
    Actually, only the mention of Luke is anything new, and I want a lot more confirmation form a source better then an AICN rumor before Accepting it.
    If it is just a case of showing him growing up in a minor role, I have no problem, but to have him have a bunch of adventures would be wrong,wrong,wrong.
    Luke in ANH wants to leave Tattoine because he has a pretty dull life, and growing from an adventure seeking youth to a Jedi is a principal part of the Saga, and having have a whole bunch of adventures as a kid sends that concept to hell.

13. culloden46

culloden46 Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    I'm not surprised that Little Luke might make an appearance in the tv show, and it could be made not to interfer with what we know about Luke's life prior to ANH. The problem is that if he did get into some sort of trouble, you'd expect Obi-Wan to get involved. I expect Ewan to appear on the tv show and recasting Obi-Wan wouldn't be very popular.

What we've heard so far is that it's going to span between Eps 3-4, and focus on some minor character. It would make sense if this character had run-ins with fan favorite characters and those appearances would probably correspond to airing during Sweeps (Nov, Feb, May).

14. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    Maybe putting it on Tatoonie is so we can pick it up where we last left off, at the end of Sith, then it will expand back (or maybe further out to new planets) towards the center of the galaxy. I feel stupid that I didn't think that Tatoonie or any other desert planet wouldn't be used. They are going to be filming in Australia, after all.

15. Obi-Ron42

Obi-Ron42 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
    Hmmm...now what characters get together between 3 & 4?

My only guess is Han and Chewie.

16. Boola Cronk

Boola Cronk Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 1999
    GL said the show would be about minor characters but that does NOT mean that no major characters will ever make an appearance. People seem to keep forgetting what GL actually said at C3:

"....The television show will be a spin-off about the minor characters, oh wait a minute, thats not entirely true."

EXACTLY what I was trying to say. [face_peace]

17. Divia

Divia Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    All I can say is........DULL

It would be far more interesting to see Leia. She's part of the rebellion..it is around her daily. I'd much rather see her interact in that. Not saying the show should foucs on her, but it would make more sense to have the Unexciting Adventures of Luke Skywalker.

18. TrueJedi

TrueJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 22, 2000
    So is this going to be like "Young Indiana Jones"?

Whatever happened to Lucas saying that now that ROTS was done he wanted to move on to other non-SW projects? What is wrong with this guy? Does he ever tell the truth anymore?

19. Elle-Wan

Elle-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 2004
    I really doubt they are going to set much of it on Tattoine. That sounds like a logistical nightmare. They'd probably have to have everyone live in Tunisia during filming (for months and months.) I don't think anyone wants to do that. ...and they aren't gonna greenscreen the whole show.

Lucas' liking New Zealand is probably the biggest clue for the main setting of the TV show. It will probably be Alderaan.

...and god help us if the show is baby-Luke mucking around on Tattoine. I'm not watching that. I dont' think Lucas wants to tell that story anyway. There's nothing interesting about it. Besides, he clearly didn't really like the baby-Anakin part of the story either, he just felt he needed to tell it. He doesn't NEED to tell the baby-Luke part.

For budget reasons I'd make a couple assumptions.

1. All the planet exterior action will be focused on one planet, and New Zealand's natural environment has to reasonably resemble that. (Alderaan or Naboo probably.)

2. The rest of the show can take place in space, inside ships, on space stations etc and can be done with CGI and interior sets.

I'm betting Bail Organa (played by Smits) on Alderaan intercut with occasional Boba Fett storylines. ...possibly an occasional fugative Jedi.

20. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    I like those Ideas those can work really well for the T.V. Show. Bringing in a fugative Jedi occasionally would be great.

21. ___Obi-1___

___Obi-1___ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2004
    It will depict how characters end up being together (didn?t mention who).

I bet all my money that he's talking about Chewie and Han...

22. Mc-Lan

Mc-Lan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2003
    Oh ya. It will probibly take place on different places. It will probibly have Corrilia (Han) Kyshaak (Chewie) Alderan (Bail Leia) Tattoine (Luke possibly a little Obi Wan). It could also have 3P0 and R2. I think we'll need more info before we can acuretly speculate.

Remember if this series spans 20 years it will lead right out of ROTS and right into ANH. The possibilitys are really endless.

This post made possible by Mc-Lan/Firstbest :cool:

23. Divia

Divia Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    I'd like to see...
    Hunting down of the Jedi
    Building the Rebellion
    Young Han and Chewie
    Young Leia 13 or 14
    Maybe soem Young Luke thrown in
    Boba Fett hunting down some jedi

If the series can incoperate all of these elements I think it will kick ass.

24. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    Hey look what i found "An as-yet-untitled TV series featuring the likes of Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi has been announced. And Lucas fans have something else to look forward to: the Spielberg-directed fourth installment of Indiana Jones, which Lucas created, may be out next year."

does that mean Yoda and Ben are in the TV show or am i reading that wrong. thats from here

LINK

25. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    What if each Season or Half-Season focuses around a certain group or character. It would also be okay if a few episodes focused around a certain character or group instead of what I mentioned above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.