main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

More Details on The TV Show!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Indy3, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awillquik

awillquik Jedi Master

May 24, 2005
    Wow, that Yahoo thing could be right... Anyway, I highly doubt that it will focus on "baby Luke"... I am actually pretty anxious for this, haha. 100 episodes? Anything is possible... and I think it'll be good.

2. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I'd love to see a series where the episodes jump all over the timeline.

- Vader on a Jedi killing mission
    - Darth Maul's backstory
    - Grievous's backstory
    - Count Dooku's Backstory
    - Luke on Tatooine
    - Han meeting Chewie
    - Han win's the Falcon from Lando
    - Boba Fett stories
    - The creation of the Rebel Alliance
    - The beginning of Leia's mission to Tatooine on the Tantive
    - The Rebels moving to Hoth
    - Luke going to the Jedi Temple and starting a new Jedi Order

... the possibilities are endless ant there are so many good ones!

And what about cameos? Harrison ford did a cameo on a Young Indy episode.

3. younghansolo

younghansolo Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    i really like the idea of a young han meeting chewwy, as long as george at least keeps a little bit to the han solo novel story because that was the best way for them to meet.
    That whole luke thing can't be the whole series because it would be incredibly boring and full of dialogue. an we know what george is like with dialogue.

I just hope they actually cast this well it would damage the character of say solo, if he was played by someone who didnt have the charisma of ford or was just someone who is generally annoying.

I think that yahoo thing is rubbish, i would have thought we would have heard about it if they had announced yoda and ben would be in it. not saying they wont be, just saying that particular "report" probably isnt very accurate.

4. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    Internet rumor believe do not.
    I suspect some action would take place on Tatooine, but I doubt Luke as a kid is going to be little more then a cameo.
    You don't have to go to Tunisia to film Tatooine' Lucas did pretty well with the Mojave Desert in "ROTJ".

5. ___Obi-1___

___Obi-1___ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2004
    Cool stuff, very cool indeed, I'd love to see them all...

But this TV Series, the first one, will show the events between ROTS and ANH..

But I'd love to see all those stuff you said on the animated series on even on the further TV Series, cause Star Wars will never, ever die...

6. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Have you got a link / source to this New Zealand rumour? Your post is the first I've heard of it.

Thanks.

7. Jedi_pain11

Jedi_pain11 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    Excellent find JMaster Luke, I dont belive you are misreading that. It does come from a good source. If that would have been a link to supershadow I would have been worried

8. sergejg

sergejg Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2002
    Very interesting point of view. Sometimes as a fan we think they can set it up in any planet or try diferent exotic locations every week and forget about the real world. I think you are closer to the truth than anyone else in this forum. Your theory explains the "not entirley truth" lucas comment, because sometimes there would be a little Leia every now and then.

9. Elle-Wan

Elle-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 2004
    jp-30, i don't have a link about the New Zealand quote, but it was spoken of openly by Lucas and I think Rick. They said something to the extent that they love the environment over there and how eager to help the Kiwi government has been.

Anyway, I expect the visual quality of a SW TV show to be on par with the movies. I'm sure ILM will do it. However, they will want to keep the budget down so they'll try to keep the effects shots to a minimum as much as they can. That said, doing greenscreens all the time for completely fake worlds (like Mustafar, Geonosis, Utapau, Kamino) will probably be cost prohibitive. So they'll want most of their shots to be in an environment where the natural setting will be reasonable for the location. ...Tunisia could fit that bill for Tattoine, but it's absolutely miserable there and I'm sure they don't want to make everyone live there.

10. Everfett

Everfett Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2005
    I'd love to see the obi adventures like the one in Star Wars Visionaries, btw its 100 hours not 100 episodes, right?

11. AzulJedi

AzulJedi Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    Thats what I'm talking about that is exactly would I like to see

12. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    ROTS_Obi1 at C3 George has also said no one should believe ANYTHNG he says about the live action show because George was just guessing because they have NOT AT ALL talked about it.

13. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    Personally I would not have mind the live action show to take place BEFORE The Phantom Menace

14. ___Obi-1___

___Obi-1___ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2004
    Same here, MTM...

___Obi-1___

15. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    A KOTOR T.V. Show would be great maybe if the first show is successful they will continue to make T.V. Shows and eventually make a KOTOR T.V. Show.

16. HanJones

HanJones Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2002
    An as-yet-untitled TV series featuring the likes of Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi has been announced.

"the likes of" are the key words here. It doesn't say "featuring Yoda and Obi-Wan" -- "the likes of" just means Star Wars characters, either existing or brand new.

Also, the quote about seeing how Luke grew up may be read too literally as well. We'll see what the galaxy was like as Luke was growing up, but that doesn't mean we'll see him going down to the 7-11 at Toshi Station to pick up blue Bantha milk anytime soon. It probably just refers to the time period he grew up in, not necessarily what is going on on Tatooine (unless they do a "TROOPS" episode.)

17. sarlaccpit_48

sarlaccpit_48 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2005
    Bringing the characters together together could be any one. Han and Chewy, Boba and Jabba, Luke and ...? It could be anyone, but if it is Han. I think it would be a little hard to cast a young Harisson Ford.

18. --Skywalker--

--Skywalker-- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2004
    Luke growing up?
    c'mon, whats the most than can happen in his "boring life" before events of ANH? I'd rather see the surviving Jedi of Order 66, The Rebellion, and the Empire.

19. --Skywalker--

--Skywalker-- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2004
    Now, I'm beginning to think what characters they would use in the series?
    The list is endless
    -Quinlan Vos
    -Biggs
    -Tank(Lukes friend)
    -Vader and hunting down the last of the jedi
    -possibly Yoda(c'mon he couldn't have figured out the cave without going through it)
    -Palpatine
    -Xizor
    -Bail Organa
    -Jar-Jars death(hehe)
    -more adventures with C-3PO and R2-D2
    -a more in depth look on what happened to the trade feferation after the droids were shut down
    -Boba Fett(Logan at age twenty would be a perfect young Boba)
    Just too many

20. Tyson

Tyson Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2005
    Isn't the show also going to be about Boba Fett growing up?

21. DarthSyphus

DarthSyphus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    I hate the idea of "Luke grows up" for two reasons. First, it will make it a kid's story. Second, Luke is supposed _not_ to be involved with anything interesting until he joins the Rebellion. Tatooine is a dead-end planet, where nothing interesting goes on.

22. Arotas_Starlight

Arotas_Starlight Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2005
    I agree, if they decide to make this a series that jumps around instead of having a set cast with season story arcs, etc. They should definitely make it kind of like Star Wars Tales where each episode or groups of episodes flesh out one storyline then they go to something new. Although they should be careful in what they show and don't show. Some backstory shouldn't be shown, I don't think they should address any of the main characters except for Vader. Besides Rick McCallum said that they were going to have a young Han cameo in ROTS, but said something to the effect of "how can you cast a young Harrison Ford?".

23. DarthSmiley1

DarthSmiley1 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2004
    hi everyone.

At the ROTS premiere in New Zealand Jay Lagaia (Captain Typho) mentioned how he asked to appear in the tv series that will be filmed in New Zealand. as other people have pointed out, NZ could pass as Aldaraan. it also looks very similar to Kashyyk in alot of areas and you also have tatooine here aswell as naboo. charachters that turn up on these planets that could be in the show,

Aldaraan - The Organas
    Kashyyk - Chewie
    Tatooine - Boba, Han, Luke, Obi-Wan, Owen & Beru
    Naboo - Captain Typho, The Queen

It seems from all the interviews from cast members that most if not all of these charachters and places could be likely. I do not think that aldaraan has actually been hinted at so that one should be removed. the other three planets obviosly can be filmed in NZ. However, Australia is just a jump away from us and would be ideal for Tatooine. then you have the cast. Captain Typho and The Queen (Jay & Keisha) are New Zealanders. Boba Fett, Young and old are new zealanders. Owen & Beru are Australians. A young Luke & Han will have to be cast so it would not be a stretch to cast NZ or Australians. only chewie and obi would have to make special trips.

so to have all these people and places right here and to have been hinted at it seems likely to me that this is what is happening, the show will focus on either boba or han and chewie or both. they all end up at tatooine so that would be last. perhaps kashyyk is first to show how they all meet up and naboo, we have seen the falcon there so maybe that is where naboo comes into it. this probably means we would see lando also.

I mentioned obi because if luke is in the show as hinted at, perhaps obi gets him out of a bit of trouble now and again without lukes knowledge.

They could even throw clones into the show with temuera or bodie both being in NZ.

Sorry for the long post but i truely believe this is where the show is going and i like it. especially if we see han and chewie getting together and eventually seeing the falcon again. if anyone can disprove any of these as possible please do so.

24. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005

Thats wrong George has confirmed some things. They have talked some what about it also. And GL has CONFIRMED during is speech at C3 or something that it will be between Episode 3 and Epsiode 4.

25. Valacar

Valacar Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 26, 2004
    Granted these don't take place between ep.3 and 4, but as long as we're making lists of what we'd like to see, I'll state a few of mine.

Along with the other lists, I would like to see:

-The Old Republic: between the Sith Wars and the Mandalorian War.
    -Clone War battles
    -The Emperor's master scemes before and during the PT.
    -Stories of the many Star Wars Bounty Hunters like Calo Nord, Jango Fett, Zam Wessel, Boba Fett, Aurra Sing, Bosk, Kenix Kil, and others
    -All the Bothans that lost their lives to get information of the 2nd Death Star to the Rebels.
    -Imperial and Rebel intelligence gathering teams from RotS to RotJ. Like this sweet new comic book.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Unfortunately I don't see them doing any large battles because of the costs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.