main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

More EU confirmed for AotC: HOLOCRONS

Discussion in 'Literature' started by wild_karrde, Feb 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    We've known this for about a month now, although I guess this makes it official.

Spartii clone cylinders will not be seen in the movie.

And I must bring up swoops...

2. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Though there is the strong possibility that cylinders seen in the movies may be retroactively made into spaarti by the EU.

3. JediLord

JediLord Jedi Master star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    well the purists lost that fight after maul's saber huh?

And GL would destroy the EU, if it meant telling a story he wanted to tell. the EU must conform to the movies, but the movies can do whatever GL wants.

4. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Lucas will not "destroy" the EU. He hasn't yet, and I don't believe he will in the future. If anything, his films are strengthening the foundation of the EU.

5. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Considering all of the EU has to be approved by GL, why would he approve something, only to "destroy" it? He's crazy, but not stupid.

wk

6. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Note, they also ignored that book, considering that I think it was the place that said mon cal, wasn't discovered until the empire took over.

Actually, I recently read the book, as well as others featuring the early years of the Mon Cal and Quarren, and there are loopholes around that. It's a difficult area of continuity, however, as Obi-Wan's friend Bant is Mon Cal, and the Calamari certainly had ships during the PT era, as seen in The Hunt for Aurra Sing.

Anyway, the topic is Holocrons...

7. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Yes, but the Mon Cal matter is interesting too... What if the main colony was called Mon Cal, as well ? When speaking between them in their own tongue the MC would talk about 'MC' for the colony and 'home' when refering to their homeworld, the true 'MC'... That could be a fix... A bit twisted, but a fix nonetheless... :D

Anyway, back to Holocrons... I really hope we'll see them in AotC... Even if it's only in the background...

In fact, if anything straight from the EU suddenly appears in the movie, be it in the background, in the foreground or even - oh pure joy - in the dialog, then you can be sure there'll be one - and probably alone, given that only about 30 persons will be in my theater at that time - fan having a really noisy giddy spasm at the premiere of AotC... :eek:

8. Nitro29

Nitro29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2001
    Well said, Wild_Karrde. :D

9. Howlrunner

Howlrunner Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2001
    I can't help but point out here, Wild_Karrde that Mr. Lucas himself is likely rarely involved in approving individual stories for the EU. That's left to Lucas Film Limited for the most part. While I love the EU... JediLord is entirely correct that Mr. Lucas could at any time totally contradict the EU if he felt it would help him tell his story the way he wants to. The EU is not his story. At least I seriously doubt it is at any rate.

10. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Is it just me, or has this gone unnoticed? "Robert Barnes has created stone mites"

Stone mites! The stone mites are also EU, originally from the Marvel comics, and recently expanded on the WOTC web site. Does this mean we'll get to see them worked into the events of AOTC?

TC

11. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    "JediLord is entirely correct that Mr. Lucas could at any time totally contradict the EU if he felt it would help him tell his story the way he wants to."

Could. Hasn't.

12. JediLord

JediLord Jedi Master star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    "Strengthing the EU"?????

I direct your attention to Boba Fett. And yes, I know BIb, you can make it all fit, but it takes some doing and in the end, it weakens the EU.

13. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Stone mites! The stone mites are also EU, originally from the Marvel comics, and recently expanded on the WOTC web site. Does this mean we'll get to see them worked into the events of AOTC?

Also, stone mites tie into the events of the Clone Wars. They were a weapon developed at that time, bio-engineered by somebody.

Also in the article : duracrete slugs. These are found on the lower levels of Coruscant and were seen in the Jedi Academy Trilogy. An illustration of one can be seen in the Jedi Academy Sourcebook.

14. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    I direct your attention to Boba Fett. And yes, I know BIb, you can make it all fit, but it takes some doing and in the end, it weakens the EU.

Personal opinions can't be used as fact. Others have loved Fett's depiction in the EU.

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> I direct your attention to Boba Fett. And yes, I know... you can make it all fit, but it takes some doing and in the end, it weakens the EU.<<

I don't feel it weakens the EU...we've never had anything established about Boba Fett's life as a young man (the Concord Dawn stuff I always gathered didn't happen until a little more closer to the OT than the PT). In other words, I disagree that "it takes some doing" to fit.

16. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999

True. The Time frame for Ep3's ending is still well before the time portrayed in Stories about Mr. Fett. Nothing has ever been said about what Boba was doing as a pre-teen. The only Question that I have seen is his armor. Besides with all this clone business there are plenty of fix possibilities.

I think it is cool they will use Holocrons. I didn't read the comics until a few years ago. I always had a hard time picturing what exactly they looked like in the books. The comics showed what one looks like. That helped but I think it would be even cooler to see one on the big screen.

17. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
  18. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    By the Core, it's an animated greeting card!

Who would consider that canon? But you're right, no Infinities label... :D

19. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    You know I seriously doubt that Boba fett would have a wookie doll as a child. It must be wrong. ;)

Truthfully.. Was it just me or did Jango look like he had saggy boobs in that bathrobe?.

20. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    "Hey Dad...Kiss my Wookiee."

[face_laugh]

21. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
  22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> You know I seriously doubt that Boba fett would have a wookie doll as a child.<

Thats not a wookiee doll, it's a padawan braid doll.....

;;D

23. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    LOL! There's a debate on that in PSA...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.