main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

More event possibilities

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by jedi5150, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
    Well, I've been thinking about other things we could do as events, and have come up with a few:

Later in the fall, there are at least 2 new SW video games to be released...we could make an appearance at one of the video game stores (Electronics Boutique, CD World, Toys R Us) to help promote it.

In October, we'll be doing Bowl for Kids' Sake...what if some of us showed up in costume? I know it'd be tough to bowl, but wouldn't it be cool to have Darth Vader there?

Of course, there's the Jeremy Bulloch event in Salt Lake in October...

There's also Octoberfest...we could just go downtown and walk in costumes/club t-shirts and hand out flyers to recruit....

In November or December, both the Droids and Ewoks cartoon series from the 1980's are being released on DVD. If all goes well with Suncoast for the Trilogy release, maybe we could work with them again on this on, although I don't expect it to be anywhere near as big of a deal.

In approx. March, the first two seasons of CLONE WARS will be released on DVD...this could again be a cool Suncoast thing

In April, all heck breaks loose. Erik and I are hearing rumors of an April 2 street date for the Episode III toys, books, comics, soap, lotion, whatever...This could be a good day to work with Toys R Us.

Then of course, there's

May 19, 2005 - Episode III...what more can I say?

Doug

2. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    April 2, what an awesome day........

All soung like good ideas, would be good for us to put our faces out there.

if nothing else, we could put flyers out during oktoberfest.........and to be in costume would be cool too

too bad my costume sucks big ones

3. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
    Erin,
    We should make you an xwing pilot suit...if you want to. Easy, cheap, no sewing required :D and anybody can be an xwing pilot...

4. Darth_Sayder

Darth_Sayder Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2004
    I was talking it over with Mrs. Vader, and she thinks it would be great if we did something here at the Coffee shop for the kids.
    It would have to be after I get the costume completed though.
    Any thoughts??

5. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    Mike, how about something for Halloween? Since it is on a sunday this year, maybe something can be done on the friday or saturday before.

Doug, that might actually be kinda cool. I will have to think about it. hmmmmmm..........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.