main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

More evidence of media bias against Star Wars and George Lucas?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by yodaschum, Oct 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dagobah_Dude

Dagobah_Dude Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Sex in public places is a misdemeanor. Where's your sense of adventure? It's not like they're encouraging them to steal cars or rob people. Who really gets hurt? It' a victimless offense, I won't even call it a crime. Get over yourself and go get some.

Sorry, but I can't agree with you there. I'm pretty liberal when it comes to sexuality being gay myself, but that NY stunt was personally offensive to me; a church(or a synagogue or mosque) is a place that is sacred to many, and that cheap stunt was a profanation of something sacred. I'm glad that those idiots lost their jobs encouraging such reckless behavior.

2. Palo_Bianco

Palo_Bianco Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    gay is good, I agree. so is straight, I am happy with bot. but i must admit that only_2 is smart for his thoughts, yes church is special, but so is making love we must not forget.

Only_2 is right that as much sex as possible is best, as many people possible is best, then we will all be friends and there will be no more wars. If The US and Iraq could make love, then the US would not ebat up Iraq which will be sad. You see? George T Lucas knows this, that is why the star wars are stopped with love. When vader loves luke his skeleton glows with goodness and he uses his chosen one powers to lift and throw the emperor before he blows up, so that at elast luke and vader will live. Only_2 thanks, now all will understand.

3. smauldookie

smauldookie Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    SEX in the house of God(or anyother higher beings) is just plain WRONG! :mad:

4. Obi-Can

Obi-Can Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2002
    Sex in public places is a misdemeanor. Where's your sense of adventure? It's not like they're encouraging them to steal cars or rob people. Who really gets hurt? It' a victimless offense, I won't even call it a crime. Get over yourself and go get some.

It is not a victimless crime! There are children in those places and other citizens who don't want to see the ugly backsides and kinks of others. They are ineffect robbing me of my constitutional rights by engaging in such behavior and not allowing me to go to a place of worship without being subjected to lewd behavior which I don't approve of. In the privacy of your home you can perform whatever legal acts you like, but not in public places.

It was a purposeful disrespect of my religion and I resent it. Those two dj's should have been fired and I'm glad they were. Yes their are hypocracies in our society regarding nudity vs violence, but everyone is free to make those choices. If you don't like violence you don't have to see the movie or tv show, if you do then watch it. This act, however, was forced upon citizens whose choice was taken from them.

Rant now over. :D

5. Palo_Bianco

Apr 6, 2002
    yes, this is true, I agree, but think about what Only_2 is saying, it makes sense, maybe kids should watch sex in church like she says, then they will know.

Only_2 is smart this way and he knows what people need, lots of love making, even in church where kids can see. How can you argue with her? You don't really know, do you? Sex in church while people watch with their kids maybe embarrassing for some, but Only_2 finds this important how can this be disputed.

6. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    Only_2 and Palo, you guys have some weird ideas.

7. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    "More evidence of media bias against Star Wars and George Lucas?"

Why the hell are we talking about sex? What will we talk about next? Which supermarket company is the best for value? By all means keep talking.

;)

8. Palo_Bianco

Apr 6, 2002
  9. Jedi_Learner

Jul 10, 2002
    You are right Only_2, we should have lots of sex, sex is love and love is good. We should try to move the love all over. Not trying to be dirty but its true, everyone should make love to everybody. boys, girls, everybody, Only_2 is smart you should listen.

Are you saying I should make love to DrEvazan? [face_shocked]

*Runs away*

10. Palo_Bianco

Apr 6, 2002
    yes, even if its only typing, thats what Only_2 is saying, I agree it will make it good.

11. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    This thread has certainly taken an unexpected turn.

12. Lagniappe

Lagniappe Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 1999
    "Like I said don't try to push your Moral Superiority on me.

You asked a question. I answered it...and as for Moral Superiority...I did not push it on you, but if you preceived my comment as such, that says more about you than me.

"Sex in public places is a misdemeanor."

Ah, so because it is merely a misdemeanor, it should have no consequences? It is still illegal.

"Where's your sense of adventure?"

What, I have no sense of adventure because I think that a very intimate act like sex should be KEPT private?

Right.

"Who really gets hurt?"

So, because you personally would not find it offensive or disturbing, you are willing to make that choice for every other individual? You have no idea why or who might find such behavior hurtful...

"Get over yourself and go get some.'

Ah, I love this one. The ultimate comeback for people faced with someone suggesting sexual discretion... Becuause I don't approve of public sex I must be some sex starved prude who never gets any.... not terribly original, nor terrible accurate. Rather lame, really. How about you get over YOURSELF.

"The scarier fact is that a movie which shows beheadings can get a PG rating but if you show 10 seconds of a woman's backside in a poorly lit room it gets an R. This country's morality is so negligible it isn't funny. "

I actually agree with you on this...we are too likely to villify sex while celebrating violence.

However, one can choose to go to a movie with sex scenes..one does not choose to walk into a public place and see people making like the beast with two backs.

"Maybe someone ought to tell that to the priests of said catholic church who will get all riled up about this couple fooling around in St. Pat's but ALWAYS sweep their own sexual miconduct (child rape is a felony, by the way) under the rug. "

So you have evidence that these PARTICULAR priests are guilty of such crimes? Suggesting that people not encourage public sex in no way equates with supporting the cover-ups that the Catholic church has recently been involved with...and your drawing such a conclusion is an empty argument.

Sex is a wonderful things...a beatuiful way to express deep affection and intimacy...but is should not be a public display. That turns the whole act into a sideshow.

13. flagg

flagg Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 1999
    What has public sex got to do with AOTC being the best Star Wars film ever and the media being biased against it?

14. yodaschum

yodaschum Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2002
    I know. I think they should take it to the public sex forum.

15. RogueTrader

RogueTrader Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    We agree, Yodaschum. We actually agree! ;)

16. yodaschum

yodaschum Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2002
    Amazing, Rogue_trader! ;)

17. Lagniappe

Lagniappe Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 1999
    Right you are, and I apologize to any who were offended. I felt a particular off topic comment should not pass unchallenged, but I shall not stray again.

I beg your indulgence.

18. Palo_Bianco

Apr 6, 2002
    Where is the public sex fourm? I can't find it.

19. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    Why is sex an "intimate" act? Who said so? TV?? That's a very Western-Anglo modern conceptualization. Doesn't anyone remember the days of the great Roman Bath??

20. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    Ia gree, there is something wrong with thinking sex is worse then violence, its a very north american, and more specifically american way of looking at things, in europe its the total reverse. A lot of their commercials would be r rated for sex if they were here.

21. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    R_S,

Blame it on our Puritanical founding fathers. When does the next boat leave for Europe?

Really, folks, this discussion belongs in the senate.

Lady Sami

22. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Let's get this back on topic, please.

23. Jedi_Learner

Jul 10, 2002
    "Reviews matters not, look at this film, judge it by some negative reviews and whiny fans, do you? And where you should not! For my ally is my own mind, and a powerful ally it is!"

;)

24. JenX

JenX Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2002
    JenX the Thread Slayer backflips over a gravestone, pulls out a sharp wooden stake, and plunges it into the heart of this thread:

"That'll put marzipan in your pie plate, bingo!"

JenX looks around, and is greeted with naught save a deathly silence...

"...okay, note to self: a vague in-joke is nobody's friend."

25. Tukafo

Tukafo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2002
    I disagree with the opinion that AOTC is the one SW film that is aimed at the casual viewer. I find AOTC almost unintelligable for somebody with little prior knwoledge of all things SW. Yes, I know there are newbies who like AOTC but I suspect they like the film for the action without caring too much about the story. All I know is that if I'd never seen a SW film before I would be totally lost in this sea of Jedis, Padawans, Sith, Seperatists, Senates, Jedi Councils, Trade Federations, Tatooine slave traders, Clone Armies, Naboo, Kamino and Genonosians

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.