main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

More first-person novels please. . .

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mastadge, Aug 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I'd like to see another novel in the vein of I, Jedi. I don't want the first-person thing to become a gimmick to sell novels of characters not in the movies, but there are a couple characters, I think, who deserve it, and in whose heads it would be very interesting to see. For one, Mara Jade. Set pre-RotJ. Or at least with a segment set then. I don't know. I'd like to see it, anywya.

2. Zinergy

Zinergy Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2004
    I'd like to see a first person perspective novel that centered on Palpatine.

Perhaps it could be a generational story... when he was a Senator, Supreme Chancellor and then Emperor.

3. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    I would like to see Mara Jade, Kyp or Face.

4. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I agree, Ive wanted more first person novels ever since I read I, Jedi. I think there's alot of potential in these types of books and Id love to see more of them.

Personally, Id love to see a first person Vader novel, but we'd probably never see something like that.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'd love to see a first-person adult Boba Fett novel, but I have a feeling it wouldn't work very well. I think he is too action-oriented to work in a more introspective setting. For that matter, I don't know if any of the bounty hunters would 'work' in a first-person novel. I think a character such as Palpatine or Vader would work a lot better.

6. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I would like a first person novel about Leia Organa set in between TESB and ROTJ. She is on her own adventure. Her and Lando are forced to land on this savage planet where two nations are at war. Using her diplomacy she solves the war after a lot of fighting. She can also talk about losing Han and the dark time in her life.
    It would also show a Lando transition. He would begin as a foolish selfish character that he was in TESB and slowly that war and Leia will change him ever so slightly into the nice guy we saw in ROTJ.

-Seldon

7. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    That could be cool. Leia's always been one of the more interesting characters in SW.

8. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Wasn't that period heavily covered in Shadows of the Empire though?

9. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    I don't like Shadows of the Empire and was hoping they would do a Leia novel in between TESB and ROTJ.

-Seldon

10. GRAND_MOFF_KEV

GRAND_MOFF_KEV Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2004
    I wouldn't mind seeing Vader or Leia. I think both would be great stories.

11. NeoStar9

NeoStar9 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    A Vader first-person novel would be great but honest I'd love to see a Lando or a Wedge first-person novel. They've seen so much over the years but we've never really gotten inside of their heads. Doesn't have to be just one adventure but the novel could span several of them, break the novel down into 3 or sections each one covering a different period/adventure to show how they have changed.

12. Dante_Glass

Dante_Glass Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    They should do a first person novel that covers the whole NJO, seeing as it is an era it should be revisited and what better way then doing a first person novel, it would however have to be centered around a character who wasn't in a lot the NJO, but a big enough of a fan favorite that people would want to read it, Kyle Katarn maybe?

That or what if Troy Denning went back and did an E-book companion novel to is dark nest trilogy about the last half of the War from Raynar's point of view. We don't know what happens to him.

13. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    I would only want a Vader first person novel if it was written by Matthew Stover.

-Seldon

14. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I would second any novel written in the first person. Vader, with Stover sounds like hardcore candy for the soul though. Dark, rich candy.

15. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    I agree 100%. Now lets start the petition. ;)

16. DarthShenobi

DarthShenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2004
    I would love to see a Vader 1st person novel, especially by Stover. He's my favorite author, and He's really good at that kind of stuff.

17. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    I would rather Stover concentrated more on his Caine books. :p

18. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    First person novels:

Jar Jar - "Mesa 'tinkin..."
    Durge - "I'm so tough!"
    Ric Olie - "Look, there's my breakfast. And this, is for dipping your toast. You catch on pretty quick."

19. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    I would rather Stover concentrated more on his Caine books.

Quiet, you ! :p

But seriously, I cant wait for the next Caine book...then after that Mr. Stover can get to work on the Vader novel. :p ;)

20. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Palpatine - The prefect title: My Struggle. [face_grin_]

Kyp - Perfect title: Woe Is Me

Pellaeon - Perfect Title: Duty

Thrawn - A coffee-table book: "The Collection: with expert annotation by me"

21. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Palpatine - The prefect title: My Struggle.

Better yet, write "My Struggle" in Aurebesh.

22. ysalimari_sandwich

ysalimari_sandwich Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2002
    I think a Dooku novel in the first person would be very interesting, perhaps dealing with his decison to leave the order and how he became a sith.

23. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Actually, in-universe, how many SW characters are authors?

We know Palpatine wrote a few, ranging from political tracts to full-blown Sith religious works.

Valorum wrote a (pretty crappy) autobiography.

Anyone else?

24. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    I don't favour first person viewpoints like I, Jedi because you'll have a single character for the entire book and no one else. I'll bet Jabba's breath on that.

25. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    I don't think Palpatine's Mein Kampf is needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.