main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT More from Luke's Training

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by MisterJedi2002, Nov 16, 2017.

1. MisterJedi2002

MisterJedi2002 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2017
    What do you think could have shown more of Luke's training on The Empire Strikes Back?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    There were additional scenes that were filmed and written, but not filmed. These can be found in the Blu-Ray editions. They were cut for pacing purposes.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  3. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    darth-sinister

You probably meant "were filmed" but not included in the film's final cut. ;)

Another scene involved Luke training with the Seeker Balls (like the one he used in ANH, but of a somewhat different design). There are no visual records I know of, except for the ESB Seeker production sketch and the depiction of that scene in the ESB Marvel comic adaptation.

Here is the scene description according to the draft: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/got-a-question-ask-it-here.50004650/page-55#post-54537356

4. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    My understanding is that they were cut because they ran out of time and money.

5. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    Always loved the part where it looks as if Yoda checks his watch then tells Luke to shut up "Nothing more will I teach you today... Clear your mind of questions..."

6. Bob the X-Winger

Bob the X-Winger Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2016

A timescale might have been of some help. Very vague and we have to grasp from very little mentioned in the film. The film though did focus more on developing the Luke character because prior to that he was just another Rebel pilot that got caught up with the Jedi mysticism.

7. DarthZ07

DarthZ07 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 11, 2005
    Luke could have climbed the highest mountain on Degobah and shouted, "Drago!"

I mean, "Darth!"

KOBBRA, Avnar and Sarge like this.
  8. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009

Both. There were scenes that were never shot because filming had gone way over schedule and budget (and those scenes were filmed towards the end of the shooting).

whostheBossk likes this.
  9. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Luke was training with Yoda for weeks on Dagobah before Luke left for Bespin. Han, Leia, Chewie, and 3PO were fleeing the Empire in the interim.

10. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    Doompup likes this.
  11. C.Roach

C.Roach Jedi Knight star 2

May 3, 2018
    I like the deleted scene with Luke, leaping over the swamp and coming up short, drenching Yoda. I wish it was filmed.

whostheBossk likes this.
  12. Darth Sith Saber

Darth Sith Saber Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 24, 2016
    I think it's actually very hard for them to think of much to show for Jedi training...

13. Darth Voldemort

Darth Voldemort Jedi Master star 1

Oct 21, 2014
    I read that Mark Hamill would be doing voice acting for an animated series detailing Luke's time on Degobah.

14. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Where did you read that?

15. C.Roach

C.Roach Jedi Knight star 2

May 3, 2018
    It would be very easy for them to animate the training scenes that were originally planned and scripted (filmed or not) but cut from EMPIRE.

16. Darth Voldemort

Darth Voldemort Jedi Master star 1

Oct 21, 2014
    Google news or some Wiki article about his filmography. It was many months ago. If they did it, it would be great.

whostheBossk likes this.