main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

More Help needed

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Desann2002, Jul 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desann2002

Desann2002 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Ok, i've asked this before, and i got a reply, and his work has helped us along alot, but we've put the project on hold so we can play around a little with a smaller story, but we just need an opening crawl, (yes i know, i should realy do it myself, but i cant get this blasted thing to do what i want) can anyone help?

2. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    Come on guys, it would help a little, as we are doing this film for our college course work,

the ttiel of the film and the crawl, if anyone cares

Star Wars

Last Stand

It is a time of turmoil for the Republic, the growing threats from the ever-expanding separatists is over whelming the now diminished Jedi Knights. Still deemed to preserve peace and justice, the Jedi are over worked, spread thinly around the galaxy.

At the wish of the last few council members, Tol Thee Hoth and his two Padawanns are sent to Del Thada, the site of a colony of Naboo settlers who are now under threat from the separatists, trying to expand there reach further into the core planets.

With Del Thada only a few days away from Coruscant, the council deem it necessary for the planet to stay loyal to the Republic??????.

3. Shawn PTH

Shawn PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    I just have to say, I would have loved it if I could have pawned off course work for college to random people I didnt know. Why not try to figure out how to do it or explain the problem your having making the opening crawl yourself and people will try to help you.

Trust me, people around here would much wrather help someone trying to help them selves, than do all the work for someone who wont put the effort in to learn something them selves.

*steps out of the way for Tac to take bat next*

4. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    ok bring on the bat, i'll just sit here and wait for the next hit,

look i'm being serious, just hit me, come on, do it.

seriously, we can get help in on parts we dont know how to do, if we dont have the tech to do it, as long as the person/persons who help, are credited

5. Shawn PTH

Apr 22, 2000
    Id still wrather see you learn to help yourself. And which is it, you dont have the tech or you dont have the knowledge? I think its not to far fetched to assume that since your in a college program you will have access to some decent equipment/software. So why dont you explain why you cant make your own opening crawl?

6. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    the ttiel of the film and the crawl, if anyone cares

and statements like this don't help your cause

7. Shawn PTH

Apr 22, 2000
    Ack I didnt even read the crawl. Perhaps you should find an English Major to go over that for you before asking people to create it for you.

8. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    I have a program called Truespace, i just got my hands on version 5 and i'm fighting to figure it out, i have photoshop 5 and 6, and also premire 6, i dont know how to make a crawl, or if it is even possible in photoshop, and Truespace cant handle the texture i made with the crawl on it.....i dont have access to programs like 3ds max anymore, nor do i own a copy of after effects. Please i need help..............some how

aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhh sorry i cant spell that well, but we went over the crawl 5 times, with spell checker and giving copies for people to read.

9. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    look, if there is anyone out there who may want to help me out PM me, i'm gonna go now, get some sleep.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................

10. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    this is the type of thread that "why is everyone so pissy?" is aimed at. This is just another example of a guy truely reaching out to the community and getting shot down.

11. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    I'm used to it.............took me a month to find help with the first crawl i needed, but as we've had to put that one on hold, to get our media course work out of the way, guess i should hav dug the grave before we took off.

12. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    You should leave that out. (about putting your first on hold)

It's like saying "ok, so we were over our heads there... but let's try this one"

What about the people who said they would help you the first time???

If I had done it for you (which I considered--- I remember your thread) I would be EXTREMELY angry at you right now. Your thread got alot of nasty comments about how you should do it yourself... SOMEONE stuck up for you, and went out on a limb, did the work for you and gave you a chance.

NOW, you decide to drop that one.

That is about the worst thing you can do... pick something, and STICK WITH IT. I hate people who announce a new project every month... it just shows they cannot commit to anything and get something done. They just probably were sitting around and said "hmmm, I feel like making a fanfilm today... I'll go to that board and get someone to do it all for me."

Really, in the amount of time that you have spent (a few months now) trying to get someone to do this for you, you could have created 60 opening crawls if you learned yourself.

It's not hard, you just don't want to try, and it's obvious.

Cya
    Mike

13. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    we havent given up.......we cant use it a course work, it has to be a TV show, so we decided to write one about the trial of a Jedi Master, dont try and rope it around, i'm sick of people taking what i write and turning into such bull frell!

we still plan to finish the film during and after the summer, so dont try and sound so frellin pompas, it just sounds stupid.

14. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    I wasn't going to bother replying again until I saw WhisperingDeath's post

Desann says:

"the ttiel of the film and the crawl, if anyone cares"

"look, if there is anyone out there who may want to help me out PM me, i'm gonna go now, get some sleep"

"guess i should hav dug the grave before we took off."

"dont try and rope it around, i'm sick of people taking what i write and turning into such bull frell"

WhisperingDeath says

"is just another example of a guy truely reaching out to the community and getting shot down."

This is NOT someone "truely reaching out to the community" This is someone who has a BAD ATTITUDE as I've shown by the quotes above. He is acting as if we have an obligation to do his work which is NOT THE CASE AT ALL You don't go into a room full of strangers, say all that stuff above, and expect nice calm helpful responses. IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY

EDIT: Having read wixmmm's post, I'm not even gonna respond to that, otherwise I'm gonna get banned. Suffice to say, kudos to you, wixmmm. I wouldn't have been so polite

EDIT 2: Oops, I thought wixmmm was the one who helped out with the first one

15. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    i'm saying you guys have to help,just some pointers would have been nice, what i dont like is posting something and then just having people piss and moan at me. i so bloody sick of it. i wonder why i post here sometimes,

i think this all got blown out of context just because i said about it being used in my college work........wish i hadnt bothered now.

16. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    EXACTLY HALIBUT.

How would ANYONE like it if some stranger walked up to you, handed you a stack of papers and said:

"Listen, I got this new accounting job as the Financial Director of Enertec II, and I don't know what the hell I'm doing, so could you please finish these financial statements for me, there is no way I'll get this done by the end of the quarter. And on a side note, I know alot about different businesses and what they do, and I think this one will ROCK, but I don't know how to do this part of it. PLUS, my fanfilm will be the best ever" ;)

Cya
    Mike

17. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    wo wo wo wo wo, settle down there sparky, i havent gone around say that it will be the best film ever, it will probebly be total rubbish knowing my luck, i just asked for help, and i get another arguement on my hands.

(ps i know i cant spell so LAY OFF)

18. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    I have no problem with people asking for help. What I DO have a problem with is the way in which they ask. If you look, all I have 'pissed and moaned' about is your attitude, NOT the fact that you are asking for help. Before you get on a defensive high horse, take the time to actually SEE what people are upset about.

EDIT: The fact it's for college is absolutely nothing to do with it

19. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    what i've noticed here is that first impressions are the ones that stick, no matter how they try to clear them up, i personally think you guys (most of you) are still treating me the way some of you did when i first came to this site, back when i had some big family problems, so, if you dont wanna help, u just wanna moan at me, (for whatever reason Halibut) then dont bother.

20. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Firstly, I don't know about your past or family problems or whatever. Everything I say in this thread relates to this thread and this thread only. I GUARANTEE you that any feelings that have arisen in this thread will NOT be transferred to any other threads in which you participate

21. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    I sense this could stick, well, i'm gonna lock this thing, its not worth the trouble its getting us all to start, i didnt want it to turn into a argueement, but like most of my posts, not through set up, but it seems to happen, how well, guess its just me.

22. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I would just like to say that I wash my hands of this matter. I hold no opinion either way, you guys slug it out but it is time for me to get out of the crossfire before someone gets the wrong idea about me.

23. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    There is an old, old old old old rule of thumb...

"If you can't say anything nice... don't say anything at all."

[face_plain]

Indy

24. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Oh, and as far as the opening crawl goes...

There is a free program called Blender that works great for opening crawls... there is even a tutorial on the site for it...

And here is a slightly revised and fixed version of your Crawl:

Last Stand

It is a time of turmoil for the GALACTIC REPUBLIC. The growing threat from the ever-expanding seperatist movement is overwhelming the now diminished order of JEDI KNIGHTS. Still determined to preserve peace and justice, the JEDI are spread thinly across the galaxy.

At the wish of the JEDI COUNCIL, Tol Thee Hoth, along with his two Padawan learners, are sent to the planet Del Thada, the site of a colony of Naboo settlers. The colony is under threat from the Seperatists, who are looking to expand their reach even further towards the GALACTIC CORE.

With Del Thada only a few days away from the central planet Coruscant, the JEDI COUNCIL know of the importance that the colony and planet stay loyal to the Republic...

(Sounds good to me for a story idea, and the crawl is really cool sounding... :) You might want to try and trim it down a wee bit, but it is pretty good right now... )

Indy

EDIT: Here is a link for Blender

Here is a link for the Tutorial

25. Animaster

Animaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2001
    The character names should be capitalized as well.

I highly suggest you take advantage of the FREE program blender, and the tutorials for making crawls with it rather than asking others to do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.