main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

More Help needed

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Desann2002, Jul 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I believe it's only ANH that has any capital words in it. All the others don't

2. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    No, they all have caps in them... :)

I know for a fact that AotC had:

ARMY OF THE REPUBLIC

Indy

3. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    I just dashed down to the cinema, and can confirm that ARMY OF THE REPUBLIC is in capitals. I will now check the other films

4. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Phantom Menace has no capitalised words

5. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I would go and check them too, but my little one would have a fit if I turned off Hunchback II... :)

Indy

6. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    TESB has no capitalised words

7. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    omg! Did this post actually get an honest answer? Did someone actually HELP this guy instead of bashing him? If indigo would have posted this first there would be no discussion. Please board members take heed of how easy it is to diffuse these bombs.

I know they are newbies, I know they don't know what they are talking about, I know they never ask nicely. But remember all of us at one point didn't know what 'rotoscoping' ment. Lets just teach the newbies instead of bludgening them.

*ya, i am too tired to use spell check so deal with it*

8. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    ANH has "DEATH STAR"

9. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    ROTJ has GALACTIC EMPIRE

So, to summarise

ANH - DEATH STAR
    TESB - Nothing
    ROTJ - GALACTIC EMPIRE
    TPM - Nothing
    AOTC - ARMY OF THE REPUBLIC

10. guruguy

guruguy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2002
    Indigo,
    I would like to applaud you for your constructive and useful post.

[ much cheering and clapping ] :)

I fully agree with Whispering Death that this thread could have been shortened to Desann's first post and yours.

I hope Desann can make use of your link and come up with a good crawl.

11. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    EDIT: removed message...Whispering already said that one. Summary of message: I actually agreed with the boomer.

~Neszis~

12. Desann2002

Desann2002 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    well, i've started to try and form some sort of texture patch for Truespace, to try and make this god damn crawl, thanks to those who were supportive, and wixman (mike) if you wanna moan at me, do it trough Pm's not on someone else's post, and by the way, you never told me about Blender as far as i remember, but, given credit, i dont have a very bad memory.....................

13. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    well, i've tried to patch it, still wont work, is there anyone who is willing to help me? please?

14. darth_kohai

darth_kohai Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    PM me and I will help you with the Blender Tutorial.

... you'll also need to download Blender, if you haven't already.

15. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    dont know why, but when i downloaded Blender it doesnt want to run on my system, i think its my OS, i use XP, other than that i dont have a clue

I'm gonna try again, sometimes i hate XP.................................

16. Padan

Padan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2002
    Wow this thread really turned itself around...yea sometimes Blender goes weird, especially on newer operating systems like xp and 2000 and sometimes 98. The best thing to do is to right click and go to properties (like you are going to change the screen saver) then go to the SETTINGS tab. Under the SETTINGS tab there is a button that says ADVANCED. Click it. A whole list of other tabs are shown. Click the PERFORMANCE tab and turn the hardware acceleration all the way down. You then will probably have to restart your computer. Blender should run fine then. After you are done with blender, turn the hardware accleration back up before you run other programs though or your computer will run very slow.

17. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    I did tell you about blender.

But besides the point, I don't know if it applies to you or not... (because I'm not sure about XP Home if that's what you have) But XP Pro has something called "compatability mode". With this you can right click a file or files and go to it's properties and literally change the OS by which Windows reads it.

So you could run some programs in Win95 mode and others in 2000 mode or whatever.

Try messing around with that.

Cya
    Mike

PS: Desaan, for what harsh comments I ever did make, I can assure you they were not aimed at you, but rather the other guy at the moment. If you misunderstood, I apologize, because I can easily see how I could have not been clear with who I was talking to. I will NOT apologize for the MAJORITY of my comments though. I beleive that for the most part (except some times near the end of the pissy thread) I was constructive in my opinions, but that isn't a debate I want to start again. I will say that near the end there I did get a bit harsh, and for those parts, i will apologize, but my beleifs on the matter still stay the same.

I'm sure I mentioned blender though... ;)

18. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    i dont remeber u telling me it about Mike, but anyway, its cool, i did sound like, at some points, of what i read thismorning of what i wrote, a little demanding, i've been playing around for about an hour with Blender, trying to get it to work, i have XP home, and it does have CW (compatability Wizard) but that doesnt seem to help it much, (picks up old mouse and tosses it out the window) i hate XP, god why did i get a system with XP WWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

19. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    Actually Desaan, I have had a much better XPerience (tee hee) with XP than any other windows os to date.

Dont' use compatibility wizard, do it manually in the file properties... maybe that will give you some luck.

Cya
    Mike

20. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    wo wo wo, dont get all lenny henry on me SPARKY.........i'll give it a try, I HATE XP

21. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.................

burn in hell Windows XP burn like the over fed dog you are.................

i got it working :D

Damn it, just when u think you've got it to work.................RRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH...........this is beining to P*** me off. :mad:

22. darth_kohai

darth_kohai Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    What exactly is not working for you?

23. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    It loads up then crashes back to desktop, i dont know why, it just aint been my week.

any chance i could get a little help?

By the way, Mike, isnt your emblem thing from the cover of the new "New Jedi Order" book "Traitor"?

24. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    just interested, has anyone ever thought of making a film or two from the NEW JEDI ORDER books, i'm nearing the end of
    VECOTOR PRIME, and i found it very inspurational, anyone else have the same feelings?

25. Various

Various Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2002
    Blender is very tricky to say the least. I can run it (not the newest version tho) on my 266 P2 under Win95 but it won't work right under my 700 Celeron running WinME (which is far worse than XP, in fact I would say that it should be enough of a reason to have Gates beaten by very large and unsympathetic men).

Of course my newer computer is a notebook and the reason it won't work is because my graphics card has problems with OpenGL. It might help us out if we knew the specs on your system.

If you need any help with your script, I'd be glad to go over it and make suggestions. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.