More info on book signing

Discussion in 'Tulsa, OK' started by Jacen_Solo81, Jun 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacen_Solo81 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well FanForce so far all is going well with the signing. I've been working on getting places to promote the signing and hopefully I will have everything ready, so I can report to the corp. office and get the ball rolling. When I talked to Mike1 on Sunday he said you guys would be up for it, but I would like to hear from some of you guys as well. The author is Walter Jon Williams he is writing Destiny's Way the next hardcover in the New Jedi Order coming out in October. The price of the book will be around $24-26. If you would like to check out the Mr. Williams site here is the address http://www.thuntek.net/~walter/. I was also wondering if you guys would like to co-promote with us. If you guys would be willing to donote any money or anything for that matter it would help. I personally would be happy with you guys wearing your costumes. Well that is all for now. Please post and let me know what you think.
  2. MysticTrunks01 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, like i told you that day, I'll need that book anyway. So getting to meet the author and a excuse to dress up is cool with me! I'm game.
  3. DarthPaul1971 Jedi Master

star 1
    I'm game as well for dressing up. And to think, i figured that I would wear this get up once or twice and then hang it in the closet.

Paul
  4. Forceofvader Jedi Knight

star 2
    Jacen,
    Yeah we are definately interested in going. I'm sure most of us will be buying that book that day anyways. As far as donating...I don't think we will be able to as a group. We can talk about that at our next meeting though. Trek Expo kicked a lot of our butts financially so it would be hard. I'm sure that you can count on our costuming talents. Hopefully Mike2 will have his ready by then. Which brings up a point..when would this take place?? Let me know. THanks

Big Daddy Kelley
  5. Jacen_Solo81 Jedi Knight

star 1
    It's no problem about the money. It was just a option I had to check out. As far as a date goes most Star Wars books come out the first Tuesday or the last Tuesday in the month, so if all goes well it would be the Saturday after the release of the book. I also have some more good news. I believe the Muskogee Public Library will be co-promoting with us. The sketchy plan so far would be to have the signing at our store then have a group discussion at the library. I hoped to have this all organized by the end of the week, but I won't here back from the library until the first of next week.
  6. Shadoe42 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Money? I had that once.... after Trek Expo and especially after today I have none. Got a nice message today that our salaries were being rolled back 2.7 % and that we had to take 1.5 day worth of non pay furlough time.That is just the tip of the iceberg for today. But that is not a topic for dissussion here. heheheh I have had one he** of a day.
  7. pinata242 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I hear ya Ed. The IT industry is going to be hard-pressed to recover from this. With all the layoffs and bankruptcies over the last year and the pending implosion of Worldcom, there's going to be one huge saturated market. There're rumors flying around my office of a 25% reduction in force within a week. Horrible.
  8. Shadoe42 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yea the Worldcom explosion is going to hurt the Tulsa market for everything. 3000 highly trained employees looking for work. Hurts folks who aren't as highly trained and looking for jobs as well. Going to be a lot of trained folks serving fries. We also get 3.5 days worth of total non-payed vacation time we have to take in addition to the rollback. it always amazes me that business take the road that will irritate the most employees when there are better easier solutions available.
  9. MysticTrunks01 Jedi Master

star 4
    It is annoying Ed, but then what kinda business would it be if they didn't take the most idiotic and least cost effective solutions? THERE'D BE CHAOS I TELL YOU! CHAOS!!!!
  10. Shadoe42 Jedi Knight

star 3
    yea heavin forbid that upper management did something that made sense hehe
  11. MysticTrunks01 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ed, that would cause chaos. And not that Jurasic Park chaos, i'm talking "cats and dogs living together. It'd be mass histeria!!!" You should see SF... for switching to a "paperless system" alot of thing print up that go up to me and straight into the trash because no one needs them.
  12. Shadoe42 Jedi Knight

star 3
    we just went thru a round of discontinuing a bunch of reports that were not being picked up... we had literally three or four stacks of old reports sitting up here that were 3 feet high.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.