main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

More involvement between books and comics, please!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by IAmTheDarkSide, Jan 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    I don't know about you guys, but I'd like to see some more involvement between books and comics, particularly in the prequel-era when there's so much overlap anyway. I don't want adaptations like that crappy Jedi Quest comic, but just something to unify the Books and Comics more. We know Anoon Bondara is the greatest Jedi Swordsman, and that his Padawan, Darsha, is a good-looking girl whose closest friend is Obi-Wan. USE that in a comic. Instead of continually making up new stuff, give us a story where we see Anoon kicking some arse, where we see Darsha's loneliness and relationship with Obi-Wan. Also, all these Jedi and everything in the JA books. Siri, Bant, Tahl...even if they don't become major story elements, throw them into a scene or two in the comics so that we can see them just saying hi to Obi-Wan or something. It's little details like that can be the difference between a mediocre effort and a potentially great once. In the same vain, and Luceno's good at this, let's see some more stuff in the books. We've seen Jorus, which was cool, but not enough really. Let's see Quinlan and Aayla -- I think a novel would be much better suited to them fixing up their respective problems than a more visual comic.

Does anyone else want to see a little more interaction between the comcis and the books? :mad:

2. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    YES!

Though some authors are better at this than others. Luceno and Windham are very good.

3. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Yup, I agree. Now the problem is getting Dark Horse to understand that...

4. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I too would like to see this...

5. Elite_Guard

Elite_Guard Jedi Master star 2

Oct 7, 2001
    maybe but the general fan (non-internet) wouldnt quite get it as much as peeps here cause not as many people buy the comics.

6. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    The man speaks the truth!!!!

Although I don't read the comics they seem like two seperate EU's.
    They need references from the comics in the books like they have references from the books in each other book.

Do you get what I am saying?
    Cos I don't think I do.

7. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    If LFL is going to stay with their claim that all Star Wars is cannon, then yes, this is a key point. We need to have interaction between the two. Its essential.

8. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    all Star Wars is cannon

Must...refrain...from...puerile...comment...KABOOM!

9. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Luceno did a great job in CoD. I can think of at least 4 references off the top of my head right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.