main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit More Legacy EU Books?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by MartyAvidianus, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    In regards to the "all Imperials are evil" idea:
    Is a simple soldier onboard a vessel, defending a sector against pirates evil? Due to the Sector Governance system nearly all Imperials were tasked with protecting civvies on a sectorial level. Therefore the
    argument really doesnt make sense. I wouldn't be surprised if the Empire specifically assigned sociopaths to mobile fleets. The average soldiers job was as simple as protecting civvies.

2. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Genocide. Is. Wrong. Supporting a genocidal regime is wrong. This isn't ****ing complicated.

3. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    are we seeing the same movies?

4. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    The atrocities were committed by an extremely small minority in the Empire. As I just stated the vast majority of Imperials were in the Sector Defense system; There is nothing wrong with defending civilians.

MartyAvidianus likes this.
  5. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    All this aside can we PLEASE end this Imperial debate? It seems we have different viewpoints and that's fine. This is really off-topic, so let's get back to the EU.

6. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
    yes please.

I just want more brand new eu material.
    Maybe we can tell each other what areas we like. e.g. I want more Ben and Vestara interactions. and big three to have new apprentices before it's too late.
    maybe Kyp Durron's new Jedi academy?

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  7. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    There were conclusions?

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

8. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    On the topic of positivity, I'd just love more Legacy with Ania and crew. With the Sith out of the way they can do some pretty fun stuff. V2 really was the closest thing to the KOTOR comics, IMO.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  9. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    That "small minority" just happened to be the people in charge.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Yes. The Grand Moffs and the like.

11. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I have absolutely no idea what this means. I support new Legends material because that's the continuity I've been interacting with since I was a child. I enjoy most of the pre-ROTJ stuff in the new canon, but Aftermath, the ST, etc just aren't my Star Wars, because it took the story in a completely different and irreconcilable direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeta1127 and SpecForce Trooper like this.
  12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    So, 40 years since SW was released. What is everyone's most favorite SW story (movie, book, comic, game, tv episode, etc.) from the last 40 years?
    And hopefully we get another 40 years of great stories.

13. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Besides the movies?

Legacy.

Jeff_Ferguson likes this.
  14. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Heres to Star Wars! Anyway, my favorite story would probably be the KOTOR comic series. Great characters, story and often art. My favorite peice of SW media is probably Republic Commando, but it's not very special as a story.

15. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Lucas did choose to continue Luke, Han, and Leia's story after ROTJ. That's why he came up with a story idea for the sequel trilogy and sold his company to Disney to turn his ideas into movies. It was Disney which then decided to ignore the plans Lucas made for his characters.

[​IMG]

16. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Happy 40th indeed! It's hard for me to choose a favorite as I am always in a state of rediscovery with Star Wars stories. There is so much out there! Alot of my favorites come from the Dark Horse comics such as X-Wing, Empire, Republic, and Legacy. My first set of novels was the Jedi Academy trilogy so I still have on my nostalgia glasses for those. The Clone Wars microseries was so unforgettable to me, although alot of that goes to the great animation. I have a soft spot for Kyle Katarn so Dark Forces/Jedi Knight is pretty great in my eyes. Nothing will surpass staying up late watching the trilogy for the first time in its entirety in the summer of '98 (at that point I had only seen the trench run multiple times), it was the theatrical versions too! I still own that VHS set to this day, it was the '95 THX release.

Yeah you could say Disney buying Star Wars was the equivalent of Crisis on Infinite Earths, the universe has familiar/similar characters...but different stories.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  17. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016

Traitor, ROTS, and Darth Plagueis.

And happy fortieth anniversary everyone!

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    In Legends, the NJO series except for Force Heretic. Darth Plagueis. Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader. All the PT novelizations.

Happy 40th Star Wars!

Darth ExlaX likes this.
  19. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
    Cheers everyone.

20. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    There are some very heavy implications that a large majority of Alderaanians actually 'oppressed' Imperials on world in Legends and that the attack was justified. Also comradepitrovsky you really need to separate facts from fiction. Just because I'm an Empire fan and can see some of what they do as 'justified' in universe, in no way does it mean I'd support and love to live in a fascist dictatorship led by an immortal magician.

Darth Droid and Daneira like this.
  21. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Favorite from legends for me are Allston's x-wing books.

New books favorite is a toss up between Bloodlines and A New Dawn.

22. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Nothing will compare to reading the Bantam books as they came out in the 90s, back when just getting new Star Wars stories, let alone ones that officially continued the setting past ROTJ, was amazing. The books themselves might not have been, but reading Courtship or Darksaber or Truce at Bakura at the time were just super exciting.

Overall favorite stories though... anything by Stover, the KOTORs, Black Fleet Trilogy, pretty much the entire Republic Clone Wars run, TOTJ Redemption, and Jango Fett: Open Seasons would all be up there.

23. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    This is entirely inappropriate. You can make your point without resorting to "screw yous".

Unhelpful. Stop.

And again.

This has already been addressed but, to reiterate, cut that **** out. The larger point -- "Imperials are people, too" -- stands well enough on its own without twisting the fight into some crusade against the "white majority".

"Poor choice of words" does not cut it.

And, finally, to get back on topic:

"Are there any plans from Disney to release more Legacy Expanded Universe books (novels) or comics?"

Not presently.

"Should there be"

Maybe one day. I'd like there to be.

"Are you going to leave this thread open?"

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.