main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit More Legacy EU Books?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by MartyAvidianus, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    yes, I agree one hundred percent tovarische.

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    You lot have now gone so far over the line you don't even see where it was anymore.

3. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
    sorry didn't know what came over me.

Anywho please please more brand new legend eu books give us a chance.

4. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I think the whole defector debate emerged from Legends VS NEU comparisons about the morality and composition of Imperials. If I was following the conversation accurately.

There are more obscure areas of SW Legends that deserved to be fleshed out but I don't think will be precisely because of their obscurity. Stuff like the Pius Dea crusades, first great schism, the decamillennium from 20,000 to 10,000 BBY stuff like that has been discussed in guidebooks but not novels.

A few other areas need expansion-the period in between NJO and DNT, the period in between DNT and LOTF, the period in between Crucible and Legacy(this one is really important as it relates to the fates of main and secondary characters), the new Sith wars-a thousand IU years of potential untapped. More stories about the Baneite line-post Ruusan era, and all sorts of old republic era stuff from the Great Hyperspace war the KOTOR 2 that could be expanded with novels and comics.

And of course the post legacy era.

So I don't agree Legends is a well run dry it is a well whose water only appeals to hardcore fans.

5. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    You're wrong again. The new canon gives plenty of examples of loyal Imperials that aren't necessarily bad people. They just have strong personal convictions that makes them want to stay with the Empire.

Darth Invictus the people that read every single new canon novel are just as hardcore of a fan as those that read most all of legends.

6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    At this point, I'm finding Legends very similar to the discontinued or otherwise alternate universes that are sporadically revived for limited runs by Marvel (and DC) comics.

Ulicus likes this.
  7. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
    then how come there is this huge resistance on brand new legend eu books releasing? I'm not talking about 20th anniversary legend eu rerelease. I'm talking about brand new material taking place in legend eu.
    I get the feeling that it's our eu is better than your eu so there. Now we must make sure your eu never come back.

I myself am saying please disney please authorize an author to write about the period between FOTS and Legacy comics. People will buy.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  8. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Yeah, screw you too. If you look at a government that commits genocide and continue to support it, you're actively supporting genocide.

9. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
    have you looked at your user name lately?

10. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Yes, a childhood nickname for my dog. That said, as someone who lost a significant portion of his family in the 40s, I dislike whitewashing the supporters of genocide.

11. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    That's exactly what it is, and why we'll see Legacy comics and novels in the future - just probably not until after Ep9 is out.

12. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    It's really a very simple answer. It's not the answer that some want to hear but it is still very simple and straightforward. The old eu is simply not the story that Disney wants to tell. They want to create their own story and put all their energy into that. They paid the money so they have every right to do that if they so wish.

MartyAvidianus likes this.
  13. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
    so by blowing up the death star and the starkiller base the rebellion and the resistance didn't orphan millions of children?
    Fathers and mothers and maybe even kids themselves were on Starkiller base (planet)
    so destroying white majority in sw is not genocide?

14. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011

Realistically, there isn't huge resistance to brand new Legends material. At most, there are indeed a few people who like to spend a lot of time rubbing in the discontinuation of Legends, some years later. At most, the vast majority of people simply don't care.

I find it highly unlikely that LucasBooks has "huge" resistance to brand new Legends material, they just have little motivation to produce new Legends material at the moment, for a variety of reasons. That may change in the future. If it does, it likely won't be for quite a few years, until a variety of conditions change.

15. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    Yes. For the most part certain members of the legends community have developed this rumor that there is a big resistance to it. In reality Disney has actually been very respectful towards legends. Bringing many of its characters into the now 'canon' universe and keeping many of the storylines. Pretty much the worst thing they have really ever said about legends is that there are no plans to continue it.

It's the people who like to make all those memes about the situation who are the ones fueling the fire to the rumor. However there is very little truth to the rumor.

16. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Some helpful advice - talking down to people isn't the best way to get your point across.

For now? Probably. But as it has already been mentioned, revisiting old universes is pretty standard for sci-fi/fantasy franchises.

17. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    True. However like has been said earlier in this thread if it doesn't happen between 2019 and 2021 or 2022 the chances of it ever happening become much slimmer. Once we start nearing the middle part of the next decade they will likely start gearing up for their next trilogy they want to do and their stance about releasing new legends material will likely be the same as it is now.

18. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I find that it is you who is the fuel for the fire. I literally was talking about you specifically when I made that post, as you've consistently been rubbing it in people's faces since the discontinuation, even years later. Every time I open a thread about Legends, you're there rubbing it in people's faces. Even in the Haven thread, which was opened specifically as a haven, you were constantly breaking the etiquette of thread. This was noted by several people.

You've been doing it in this thread for some reason, too. I rarely, if ever, see anyone but you doing it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "White majority"?

20. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    Some people do like to get into debates over the topic on here. In that post though I was more or less talking about Lucasfilm having a resistance to it and I got the feeling that that was what MartyAvidianus was talking about as well.

21. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
    there may also have been some hispanics and african galaxians. on starkiller base.

22. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    I always take it as a positive sign - if he wasn't worried about the possibility, he wouldn't bother posting about it all the time.

23. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Your inferences need work.

The Great River lives! Silly mods.... did you really think closing that thread would close the thread.

The nonsensical BBL rants are seriously my favorite.

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

SpecForce Trooper and Jedi Ben like this.
  24. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
  25. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Your obvious hostility aside, I wasn't talking about the thing as a whole, I was talking about the way Rebels portrays the Empire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.