main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

More Legacy of the force cover arts details revealed

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Saith_Vaapar, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saith_Vaapar

Saith_Vaapar Jedi Master star 1

Jun 30, 2005
    By my request Jason Felix has agreed to share unfinished versions of his Legacy of the force book covers displaying more of the full cover arts.
    I've created a new album for it in Legacynjo.com's gallery also containing cover art sketches from Terese nielsen and Tsuyoshi Nagano as well as early versions of the LOTF covers.
    Clic here to view the images

2. JaySkywalker01

JaySkywalker01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2005
    Interesting, especially the Fury temporary cover. I'm assuming that's Jacen on there. I'm guessing they decided ole Caedus didn't need three covers to himself. His lightsaber looks pretty pink there though...Not to threatening if you ask me. I'm glad they gave us a cover with Ben, instead.

3. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Nice, thank you. :)

4. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Intriguing. I'm going to spend some time with these when I get a chance. :)

- Keralys

5. Saith_Vaapar

Jun 30, 2005
    I'm trying to redconstituate the full untagged coverarts using elements we've got from covers and all. If that's what you're going to do too, tell me wich covers you're going to "reconstituate" so we don't loose time doing it for the same ones. I'm already halfway trough untagging Fury, Tempest and Invincible.

6. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    The sketch for Invincible is WAY better then the finally product.

Just the expression on Jaina's face makes it a better scene.

7. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    That picture made it farther than just a sketch stage, as it was in Random House's pdf (and printed?) catalog for the spring (or summer) as a cover for Invincible.

8. DarthRevan211

DarthRevan211 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 17, 2008
    Haha, I love the banner at the top of the page...

Just look at Mara and Jacen. :p

9. younghansolo

younghansolo Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    I ove the revelation backdrop, Is that a Hapen ship in the background?

10. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Wish I could make the Fury cover bigger.

The Knightfall covers are interesting. Anyone know who the males are supposed to be next to Danni Quee?

11. Saith_Vaapar

Jun 30, 2005
    The guys ? I see only one guy and it's joralen. He was created for the plot in knightfall, but as trilogy has been canceled they never used his character. The other person appart from Danni is a female vong shaper I believe.

As for the fury covers if you look in the american covers album of the gallery, u'll see that the covers of LOTF are in HQ, we can have a closer look at Ben ;)

12. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    I guess it was the same guy. My images were LQ so hard to tell. Thanks though.

ALso, can I just say that the Jaina and Jacen images on the top of the page where it says LEgacy of the New Jedi Order are the best renderings of them ever! Sucks sucks sucks what happened to Jacen in LOTF!!

Oh, and I meant the alternate Fury cover with Jacen on it. That would have been a better cover than with Ben. Ben should have been on another book. Also, I like revelation better in the earlier verson than with the Star Destroyer.

13. ARC-77

ARC-77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Agreed. I'm still disappointed they never used any of the earlier Betrayal covers, too, where Jacen actually looked like an adult.

14. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    I can't tell the difference...

15. Saith_Vaapar

Jun 30, 2005
    By the way the finished version of the first cover can be seen here. Clic on the image to see it bigger

16. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Hm, ok covers, though the Caedus cover of Fury seems much more... appropiate, given the oddly dark authoritarian background. But the background was vauge enough that they could put anyone on there really. Ok covers, interesting to see other possibilities, but mainly, it seems to me that they were just mixing and matching backgrounds and characters, so no cover really stuck out. Somewhat... odd Invincible sketch, still looked just about as ugly as the final cover, what with how Jaina still looks like she's... swinging from a vine, or what?

Still, thanks for putting up the covers, always interesting to see what might have been.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.