main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

More music......

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Bounty_Hunter_Boba, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bounty_Hunter_Boba

Bounty_Hunter_Boba Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 10, 2003
    Okay, after several changes in ideas, I've finally landed on a script I've liked. It's basically a "Robinson Crusoe meets Star Wars" kind of thing where a Jedi is marooned, and the Jedi's Master, an ex-Jedi, and a mercenary go to find, and at the same time go up againstan Empire on the planet.

What kind of music should I use?

I did find several good soundtracks like:

Stargate

Raiders of the Lost Ark (yes, it is on CD!)

Episode 1

Episode 2

If these would work, or any others, please tell me.

BHB :cool:

2. WookieeChris

WookieeChris Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2004
    Using Star Wars music for Star Wars fanfilms is probably the best way to go...I should think...

And hey, my first first post on a thread ever :p

3. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    I'm using music by Rob Dougan.

Some of it is a bit.. Matrixy since it was used in those movies, but it'll really work for my duels.

4. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    I see plenty of opportunity to throw in music from The Wind and THe Lion by J.Goldsmith. Also look at his score for LionHeart.
    Also check out Phil Coulter's Celtic Horizons.

5. VengeanceGOD

VengeanceGOD Jedi Master star 3

Nov 25, 2003
    If you've got a lightsaber battle, look for Gustav's The Planets, and check out Mars.

6. The_Borgified_Corpse

The_Borgified_Corpse Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2004
    "Stargate" is certainly a good one to use. David Arnold is practically John Williams Jr.
    I'd also recommend Jerry Goldsmith's work from some of the "Star Trek" movies. Stay away from the iconic "Star Trek" tunes of course but some of the other, less recognizable tracks on those soundtracks could work quite nicely.

7. Zamboni

Zamboni Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 15, 2004
    I think video games are an untapped source... Lots of them feature different themes (within one game), for example, Final Fantasy is said to have lots of great music, even for combat (since there are combat in the game)... Oh well that's my two cents.

8. Jedi_Spiff

Jedi_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    Techno - can't go wrong with techno.

Actually, for all those "Star Wars is the only way to go" nuts out there, check out Bounty Trail. To me it is one of the most entertaining fanfilms out there and uses very little Star Wars music - to it's credit it doesn't take away from the film at all (IMO)... Though clearly Dix liked the Get Shorty soundtrack.

-Spiff

9. The_Mathematician

The_Mathematician Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2003
    Use lesser known Star Trek tracks, Star Wars tracks, and maybe some other sources if they fit. (Ex-- don't use the "Raider's march")

10. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    look for Gustav's The Planets, and check out Mars

It's been done many times. Along with Carl Orf's Carmina Burana.

11. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Didnt someone already make one of these? A while ago they were looking for the server it was on. thats when I got it, and if its gonna be anything like that dont make the film

12. Bounty_Hunter_Boba

Bounty_Hunter_Boba Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 10, 2003
    Thanks for all the info. If anyone else has any other ideas, please give them.

NOTE: I didn't get this idea from any other fanfilm, I got it on my own. It's purely coincidental that someone made something like my storyline, Ellbobin.

And the co-director insisted on this one. I originally wanted to do something like Dark Forces II......

BHB :cool:

13. ironhide

ironhide Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    look for Gustav's The Planets, and check out Mars

Reworked as a track in Gladiator i believe.

14. The_Borgified_Corpse

The_Borgified_Corpse Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2004
    ^And from what I hear, Cliff Eidleman practically ripped off "Mars" when composing the overture for "Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.