More news on Classic Trilogy DVDs (CONFIRMED RELEASE DATE)!!!!!

Discussion in 'Phoenix, AZ' started by LORDPARSEC, Feb 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LORDPARSEC Jedi Master

star 4
    Once again, Joel copies and pastes something from TFN...

Classic Trilogy DVD Announcement Close
    Thu, Feb 05, 04 04:44:26 PM EST

We've received information from a reliable source that an official announcement regarding the much rumored Trilogy DVD is expected soon. Our source says next Tuesday (2/10) will bring official word that the Special Edition versions of Star Wars: A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return Of The Jedi will be released in a four disk set on September 21 of this year. No mention was made of additional footage, or the contents of the fourth disk, but more information will likely be known next week.

:) :D
  2. Darth_Myles Jedi Master

star 2
  3. ashliepink Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks, I didn't know that......
  4. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    WooHoo! It's this year! Let's start a countdown! ;)

Error: Only 1 WooHoo! post per minute is allowed.
  5. Anwelei Jedi Knight

star 3
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  6. LORDPARSEC Jedi Master

star 4
    Making room on the shelf...! :D
  7. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
  8. Darthcod Jedi Knight

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. LORDPARSEC Jedi Master

star 4
    Granted it's a few months down the road, it would be cool to find a place where they're selling the movies at midnight and make an event out of this! Costumes and all! This is something fans have been waiting for forever! We've got to do something... any suggestions? I know it's early but... hey, it's Star Wars! :D
  10. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That's a good idea, Joel. We had a pretty good turnout up in Flagstaff for the FOTR DVD release.
  11. VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  12. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Oh yes, here it comes. [face_love]
  13. Jedi_Webb Jedi Master

star 3
  14. Lord_Reaper Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oops, didn't realize there was already a thread.
    Too mad to have checked.
  15. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    I agree with you, Reaper, about the crap that was some of the stuff added to the SE's. Han Shoots first. Get used to it. ;)
  16. LORDPARSEC Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's some more stuff on the release that Hydro_Jen sent me... I'm not sure where from but enjoy! :D

The Force will be with you ? on DVD in September. The original three films in the "Star Wars" series, which are among the most-anticipated films still unavailable in the digital format that is quickly replacing videotapes, will be released on Sept. 21 in North America, LucasFilm Ltd. and 20th Century Fox announced Tuesday.

International release dates were to be revealed later.

The original "Star Wars" movie from 1977 ? now titled "Star Wars: Episode IV ? A New Hope" because of the newer prequels ? will be compiled in a four-disc collection along with the follow-ups "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi."

The fourth disc will be for bonus features, including what the companies described as "the most comprehensive feature-length documentary ever produced about the 'Star Wars' saga" and never-released archive footage from the making of all three films.

"Star Wars" was credited with ushering in the new age of blockbusters when it debuted in the 1970s and the films remain feverishly popular.

They were re-released in theaters in new "special edition" versions in 1997 that included touched-up effects and some new scenes ? including one with Harrison Ford as the smuggler Han Solo and a digital wriggling, mobile Jabba the Hutt slug-creature that was cut previously because filmmaker George Lucas' ideas could not be fully realized by the early special-effects.

The versions on DVD will only feature the special editions, LucasFilm spokeswoman Lynn Hale said.

Many fans of the original movies had hoped the rougher, unaltered films would also be provided.

There have been two prequels to the story of Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Princess Leia and the droids C-3P0 and R2-D2 since "Return of the Jedi" wrapped up the original series in 1983.

"Star Wars: Episode I ? The Phantom Menace" debuted in 1999, followed by "Episode II ? Attack of the Clones" in 2002. Both are already available on DVD and will not be included in the original trilogy package in September.

The new films tell the story of Darth Vader in his youth as Anakin Skywalker, filling in much of the backstory that led to the 1977 classic with Mark Hammill, Carrie Fisher and Alec Guinness.

The as-yet-untitled third prequel recently wrapped principal photography and is set for release in 2005.
  17. DarthFeldman Jedi Master

star 4
    WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. Jedi_PrincessAZ Jedi Master

star 1
    Yipee!!!! They just did a small segment on the 9:00pm channel 10 news about this. It's finally really gonna happen! I knew I bought my DVD player for a reason.
  19. DarthFeldman Jedi Master

star 4
    this whole release date thing..almost made me pee my pants!! :)
    WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO again........
  20. Commander_Choad Jedi Master

star 4
    There's an online petition here asking George to release the originals... Go sign up today!
  21. LORDPARSEC Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not really sure about the petition thing... I think George is just gonna wave it aside. But that's just my opinion. Sign if you want to.
  22. Commander_Choad Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree that he's going to most likely ignore it... But it couldn't hurt, and it might help... so I'm all for it...

I understand where he's coming from with the original movies, I really do... I just can't think of how it would hurt to have the original releases available... kind of like with The Abyss[/i] - it has both the theatrical relase and the Director's Cut... It would make it better IMHO... Just more fuel on the fire.
  23. LORDPARSEC Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah, I'm with you there. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.