main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

More Songs for Star Wars Characters

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by HavocHound, May 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HavocHound

HavocHound Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    There's a post floating around somewhere about songs for characters. I don't know where it is. Anyway, I have some more for Jar Jar.

First of all, there's 'The Man with the Dogs' by Dead Kennedys. It's about how uptight, self-conscious, and pretentious most people in society are. It reminds me of how some people think Jar Jar personifies their worst social fears. In this way, Jar Jar is like the man with the dogs, who is not really a person, but a metaphor for a phantom we all face, except Jar Jar does it by reflecting our inner selves instead of by breaking our masks. In this way, I too am like the man with the dogs, except I make people more at ease with being themselves instead of making them feel uptight. I break their masks because I am myself, and in the process, I inadvertantly cause them to do be who they are and not feel that they need to put on a phony facade.

Then there's 'Society's Fodder' by The Casualties. This is a Jar Jar song for obvious reasons. The Casualties are an anarchist punk band, so naturally they're accustomed to dealing with the rejection dealt out by people who believe in normalcy and oppression.

And then there's 'Accidents will Happen' by Elvis Costello. And this is practically an all-out Jar Jar ANTHEM! I heard this song earlier tonight while I was getting ready to leave from work and I started to cry when I heard the words, "...you're not the only one." I cry every time I repeat that to myself (including right now). And I cry every time I think of how those words apply to Jar Jar. He seems so alone and unwanted...just like me.

2. HavocHound

Nov 30, 2000
    Here's another interesting fun fact about 'Accidents will Happen'. I don't know if any of you remember VideoVille from the late '80s, but it was a show where people took songs and made their own animated videos to them. You could say it was the predecessor to MTV's Liquid Television. The concept was similar.

I remember one animated video that was done to the backdrop of 'Accidents will Happen'. I was a kid back then, so at that time it didn't have the depth and meaning it has for me now.

3. HavocHound

Nov 30, 2000
    Jar Jar lives! :D

4. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    I don't know the title of this new song, but I thought it would be appropriate for Anakin Solo in Star by Star...

"I tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end it doesn't even matter"

Of course, I don't know if you've read NJO.

5. Darth_Potter

Darth_Potter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2001
    That's In the End by Linkin Park (how the hell did I know that ?[face_plain])

6. HavocHound

Nov 30, 2000
    Here's one for Palpatine: 'Symphony of Destruction' by Megadeth

7. HavocHound

Nov 30, 2000
    Here's another one for Jar Jar: 'People Are Strange' by The Doors.

8. HavocHound

Nov 30, 2000
    Come up with MORE!!

9. Bryan2306

Bryan2306 Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2002
    Darth Maul= "Shock to the System" by Fear Factory

Dooku/Darth Tyrannus= "The Grudge" by Tool

Vader= "Back in Black" AC/DC

10. HavocHound

Nov 30, 2000
    Is Fear Factory's 'Shock to the System' a cover of Billy' Idol's song from Cyberpunk?

11. HavocHound

Nov 30, 2000
    More Jar Jar songs:

'The Unforgiven I & II' by Metallica and 'Give Away' (or is it 'Get Away'?) by Earshot.

12. Fat_Fett

Fat_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2001
    I believe I had posted something like this a while back..I'll try to find it.

13. Jedi_Alman

Jedi_Alman Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I'd hate to kill the tread, but try the EU board here.

14. HavocHound

Nov 30, 2000
    I knew there was another thread, that's why this one's called "MORE songs..." instead of just "songs."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.