main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

More Star Wars films in the future?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by FurryFriend, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FurryFriend

FurryFriend Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2005
    Not sure how accurate this is though...

===============================

http://www.moviehole.net/news/5674.html

A prequel to The Phantom Menace?
    Posted on Wed, 25-May-2005

He says he's finished, but like a two-year-old on the Loo - has he really?

George Lucas tells a scooper for Cinescape that in the back of his noggin' he has an idea for another add-on to the "Star Wars" movie series : A prequel to "The Phantom Menace".

Nope, not the adventures of young Jar Jar Binks building an underwater haven - but the tales of the Jedi regaining control of the universe from the many Dark Lords some 88 years before Anakin Skywalker's bowl cut ever graced the earth.

Yoda - who was instrumental in the effort - would apparently have a headlining role.

Granted, Lucas, now 60, says he won't be captaining such a ship if it ever happens though. What's the bet FOX is going to lock him in a room, tie him to a chair and request he does anyway though?

Personally, I say go the sequel route - earring adorned Harrison Ford back as vest wearing Solo, whiny Skywalker training Jedi Tykes, C3P0 getting into trouble at Mardis Gras - much more interesting : and Hey, we've already got "Knights of the Old Republic" the video-game to serve as background info on the pre-Anakin days.

Meanwhile, "Revenge of the Sith" hogs the screen at every multiplex and is making quite a packet in doing so - it's now one of the biggest films ever. Yep, bypassed "Mannequin" about five minutes into it's first screening.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    The Sith were "extinct" for a millennium. That's 1000 years, not 88.
    The whole thing sounds false.

Won't happen
    /LM

3. Darth_Sammy52

Darth_Sammy52 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    Won't happen

I second that. Lucas has made it perfectly clear that he is done making Star Wars movies.

4. Darth_Pogey

Darth_Pogey Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Sounds like something Supershadow would make up.

5. FurryFriend

Mar 14, 2005
    That writer got that 88 year number wrong. But it's not entirely unbelievable there could be more. Star Wars is a goldmine and it's not going to sit unclaimed forever. Perhaps Lucas won't write or produce it, but he can delegate that to someone else. There just too much money not to be made.

6. Iownsoup

Iownsoup Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    Mark my words.

Lucas's daughter will cash in on this when he dies and she acquires the rights. Don't go to see it, it'll be a disappointment.

7. minastirith

minastirith Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    Are you utterly crazy? What would be the point? That's what books and novelisations are for! We all know enough about Freedom Nadd, Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma. For the less-informed, search in the www.starwars.com databanks on characters, and you'd get all the backstories there.

8. AmasNagol

AmasNagol Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    One day there wil be another Star Wars film.

It may be after George Lucas becomes one with the Force, but one day there will be another film made.

They are too commercially successful to be left alone when there are still technically 3 left to be made.

whostheBossk likes this.
  9. dat_dude

dat_dude Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    Yes there will be more.

ROTS has made a lot of money and is not threw yet.
    Hollywood is aching for another film. Low ticket sales overall, ROTS was welcome at the box office.

Money to be made someone will make one sooner or later. Lucas said he does not want to make any more, but you never know. They are shooting a TV show. Movie Spin offs?

When Lucas passes away, watch out. Someone will film a new Star Wars. Will it be good? I doubt it.

10. thejazzman

thejazzman Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    Not likely. George said he was done.

Especially, since his hands on to everything in terms of th movies themselves, I really doubt there is anyone he trust enough to do them.

He couldn't higher big name talent directors or writeres because those types have no problem saying "the hell with you, I quit."

The unknowns, would do anything he tells them to do, so what would be the point in wasting the money.

11. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    I believe that George may (may) come back to a galaxy far, far away for the sequel triolgy.

When asked if there would be any more he said you can never say never (English interview for ROTS last week18/05/05).

Would I bet my house on it? No!

Would I bet my house against it? No!

Hasn't he set up things just in case!

Doesn't he own the domain names episode VII, VII, IX

And hasn't there been mutterings in Lucasfilm and ILM.

Maybe he will go down the origional conception that eh will be more of a consultant- (Journal of Empire-released in 1980ish. He said he wanted the movies to stand by themselves and he would just need to look in n them from time to time.

12. FurryFriend

Mar 14, 2005
    If ROTS makes over $500m domestically, think there won't be intense pressure to make more? Perhaps Lucas wants to end the saga forever because of artistry. But Hollywood cares more for profit than artistry, which explains 90% of crap that shows up on the big screen.

If they'd dig up old crap like Bewitched and Scooby Doo and Fat Albert for revival, think someone won't also dig up Star Wars?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.