main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

More Star Wars music releases inbound

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by EllenRipley, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EllenRipley

EllenRipley Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2007
    From here.

Sony Classical will celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars by releasing several versions of a Star Wars Anniversary collection that includes a single-disc John Williams ?best of? grouping of 13 tracks from all 6 Star Wars films and will be called Star Wars: The Corellian Edition. The other version is a Box set containing 8CDs of Star Wars scores including 2CD Expanded Editions of A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and The Return of the Jedi. Each episode CD will be contained in a gate-fold mini-jackets that are exact replicas of the original LP sleeves. The 30th Anniversary Collector?s Edition 8CD Box will also contain a fold-out poster created specifically for this set, historical notes of the creation of the soundtracks, and 4?x4? four-colour stickers. Whatever your desire is, the Star Wars collection is coming to a galaxy near you (sorry I said that.) The Box arrives on October 8 whilst the single disc Corellian Edition arrives on October 2.

So another repackaging of the SE's is on the way, though no word on what the other 2 discs might contain.

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Another repackaging of the music that's been out for a decade. Woo.

3. EllenRipley

Aug 24, 2007
    But this one has stickers to go with the screensavers from the last release. Stickers!

4. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Lovely. And what about expanded releases of AOTC and ROTS?

5. EllenRipley

Aug 24, 2007
    Well hopefully, when they see the light of day, they'll come with stickers too. Happy now?

6. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    No I think a release like this is a total joke. Sony should forget about Star Wars and focus on making BluRay a success.

7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The other two discs will probably be the single discs of the PT, but they'll cram a lot on one disc to justify eight instead of 11. Of course, heaven forbid that they don't give us two discs for AOTC and ROTS.

8. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    They aren't releasing any unreleased music.

9. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    This would seem to be a blow to hopes for any kind of complete release of AOTC/ROTS scores in the near future.

10. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    For sure. Lucasfilm and Sony don't seem remotely interested in that.

11. EllenRipley

Aug 24, 2007
    Bear in mind that no indication is given as to what will be on the other 2 discs in the set. Not that I think high hopes would be realistic, but you never know.

12. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I would expect at least 2 unreleased tracks to be in that box set to encourage the usual crowd to fork out yet again for what they already have :rolleyes:

13. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I think that would almost be MORE insulting... ;)

14. Darth_Vader-Anakin

Darth_Vader-Anakin Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2002
    What would be even worse is if they only released the unreleased cues on iTunes like some companies are doing...

I wouldn't mind it as much if they were 1) higher quality and 2) able to be purchased separately without the entire album.

Unfortunately, if we ever get them, it will probably be after Williams has passed away. I'm still waiting for some kind of complete Indy score news as the film approaches, but I'm not holding out much hope.

15. EllenRipley

Aug 24, 2007
    A complete Temple of Doom release is the last remaining holy grail score for me. Unfortunately, it seems like the suits are determined to sit on the scores for the big franchises for the rest of eternity. :(

16. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    A complete Last Crusade score is more important to me than Temple of Doom.

17. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001

Temple of Doom
    takes priority for me, too. I already have an expanded Last Crusade bootleg (not that I wouldn't want an official complete release of that score, too), plus I find ToD a lot more fun.

18. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Yeah I have that bootleg too but I am too much of a sound quality whore to listen to anything but the CD quality stuff.

19. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    Agreed. Even the OST of Last Crusade sounds pretty bad.

20. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    Man, I was hoping this would include the entire ROTS music. Of course there's a ton that the one we have now had to cut, which is a shame, since ROTS had incredible music. Most of the space battle (especially the little bit after R2 defeats the last buzz droid), Dooku fight, and crash landing was skipped over.

21. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    The score to "another happy landing" is tracked from "The Tide Turns/The Death Of Darth Maul" from TPM.

22. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Not interested unless they've found the missing sail barge music for ROTJ.

edit: Oh and the lack of AOTC/ROTS Ultimate Editions sucks too.

23. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Yeah I hope they realize that this will not sell very well. Not many people will buy it.

24. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Meh, and here I got all excited. :p

25. SithLordVengeance

SithLordVengeance Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2006
    Actually the tracked music from TPM in ROTS for that cue is not called "Another Happy Landing". Some have called it "Going Down" or "Coruscant's Warm Welcome". The real cue "Another Happy Landing" is in with the Battlefront 2 video game material which is the underscore for AFTER that point of the tracked music.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.