main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.

Beyond - Legends More Than One Kind of Dessert. L/M and family.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jun 11, 2018.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2004
    by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Disclaimer: Borrowing for fun.
    Genre: Warm and fuzzy mush.

AN: For the stellar @Raissa Baiard who has gifted the Blaynes and Hera/Kanan with 3 terrific younglings, so I decided to give L/M 2 with the possibility of another one, maybe? [face_laugh] [face_love]
    ~~~~~

Jaina and her younger brother Alsten were making a surprise dessert for their parents.

They tried mixing the batter but it came out too gooey. "Add more chocolate!" Jaina insisted. At 13 standard years, she felt "all grown up" compared to her brother's 11 standard.

Alsten didn't object to the suggestion. If a little chocolate was great, MORE was even better!

The dessert came out delicious, flaky and creamy.

But when they programmed the cleaning unit to clean the bakery bowls and implements, something malfunctioned and water gushed everywhere!
    "Oh no!" Alsten exclaimed. "It's all your fault!"

"How can you say that?" Jaina demanded. "I didn't reprogram the cleaning unit to play holonet jingles."

"You promised me you wouldn't tell Mom and Dad!" He insisted.

"Well, now it looks like I'll have to, doesn't it?" She retorted.

Luke and Mara came in from their holo-comm call with the Alosian Bureau of Tourism and Trade.

"What was that? Sounds like something went whoosh!" Mara said.

"Um... well ..." Alsten said.

Jaina rushed into an explanation.

The short of it was that her brother was not allowed to play virtual smashball and didn't get a slice of the yummy dessert.

Luke was secretly amused by the reason/cause behind the mishap but he was careful not to share that opinion with Mara. (It's a "guy" thing.)

The upside of the denial of dessert for Alsten was that Mara got his slice. Ladies MUST have chocolate!

The only time she'd craved so much chocolate was when she was pregnant with Alsten ...

Oops, she couldn't be, could she?

Luke caught this random bit of speculation and pounced on Mara with jubilation.

"Don't even go there, Skywalker." She growled, but her jade eyes were laughing. '

"Who, me?" He asked in pure innocence.

"Yes, you!" She rejoined, and he kissed her, with a silent plea across their bond.

If 2 kids are great, 3's even better?

Ha! Says the Dad in the equation! She snarked back.

Luke just grinned and tickled her until she laughed and forgot to be grumpy.

Well, Mara thought to herself, perhaps ...?

++++

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Another fun story by you. They pop up like flowers in the desert during the rain season.

3. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    *snicker* Why did I have Han's voice saying "It's not my fault!" in my mind? ;)

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    fun seeing those kids

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  5. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Force Ghost star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Awwww! SQUEE! [:D] This is such a cute story, sweet as that yummy chocolate dessert. :) Love the fact that Luke and Mara's daughter is Jaina (hey, if we can have Jacen Syndulla, why not?). She's such a mature big sister at thirteen, isn't she? ;) It's thoughtful of the kids to make dessert for thir parents, even if things don't go quite right...
    YES! I like the way you think, Alsten! It's just too bad that when they go to clean up, Alsten's little side project with reprogramming the dishwasher makes a bigger mess than before. ( He's obviously got a real talent for mechanical things, but really, kid? Can't you put that talent to more constructive use? /momvoice)
    Indeed we must! Though I can't blame her for being a little taken aback at the thought of being pregnant again.. a teen, a tween and a newborn? [face_hypnotized]
    You tell him, Mara! Not that I think she wouldn't be a great mom to three or love the third, but that would be a bit of a challenge! (Will we get to find out if those suspicions are correct? :D)

Thanks for this fun little slice of Skywalker family life! I'm a sucker for cute OC kids[face_love]

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww! There's just not enough L/M on the boards these days, and you certainly remedied that with your own form of family sweetness - quite literally in this case! ;) :p

First off - it's great to see a Jaina, in any form. The Solo kids are still the canon of my heart, but I adored getting a glance at this little lady here! She's so sensible and grown-up, overseeing their baking endeavors until, of course, everything that can go wrong does go wrong in true Skywalker fashion. But hey! More chocolate must be better - I can't even fault their logic. The children were a hoot as they got into trouble - and then into trouble. It's nice to see such a normal family situation for our heroes here - this is what fighting all of those battles and persevering through hardships has led them to, and I'm stoked that you gave them a moment to enjoy it. [face_love]

But Luke and Mara's pregnancy scare (-ish, of course [face_mischief]) took the cake for me - no pun intended. :p Of course Luke would jump on the possibility of another youngling, even if Mara is understandably more leery of the prospect. Three little ones, and at such different ages - whew! They'd definitely have their hands full - but I love that Mara is allowing herself to be open at the idea at the end. There's clearly so much love and happiness in their family as it is, and I love the thought of that continuing - and even growing into more. [face_love]

Thanks for sharing this treat of a fic - it was uplifting and beautiful to read, as always. [:D]=D=

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks, all! It is my joy and pleasure to give L/M a happy family with 2 lovable pranking kids, and a warm teasing couple relationship. :D This is, as Mira so beautifully put it, their richly deserved reward for all their travails. (LOL I feel that way about the Blaynes' younglings and the ones Kanera have, although Ronen might disagree, but he's definitely blessed to be part of a loving family circle.) [face_thinking]

Mira_Jade and Findswoman like this.
  8. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    I am squeeing way too much at this! Nummy yummy delicious mushy goo! :p OK...sorry...but EEEEE, this is too cute! Love, love, LOVE it! [face_love]

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.