main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga More Than You Think You Are - Anakin Skywalker's big sister, Announcement - 4/18

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by karebear214, Aug 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    Hey everyone! Just letting you all know I'm still alive. I've hit a horrible writer's block, so I have NO IDEA how long it will be before I write anything more in this story. It's too good of an idea to let die, so I guess right now it's just... hibernating.

2. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    Whoah.... what is happening? Everyone in cells and having weird dreams and explosions. Grr--Palpy is involved with this, I know he is!! Poor Anakin, what will happen to him now? This is getting really tense and mysterious. Can't wait for more!

3. PadmeSolo00

PadmeSolo00 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    Im here I'm here, I promise. My computer crashed, and I couldn't post, I just got my new one and started reading again. Excellent work, keep it up. *WIshes away Darth Writers' block*

4. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    Chapter Eleven: Threat Matrix
    Part One

Slightly more than a page single-space size 10 TNR, before adding paragraph breaks. Enough for a post? I think so. Consider it a trick-or-treat a bit early.

To all my reviewers: Thanks for your support! Together we shall defeat Darth Writer's Block and Darth Real Life!

Kaya and Padmé slept in shifts, neither one willing to be caught off guard. Although, as of yet, absolutely nothing had happened. Meals appeared at regular intervals, brought by a droid that acted as though it was delivering to an empty room.

Kaya looked up from her plate, upon which sat a meat and vegetable concoction that loosely resembled stew. "We will get out of here," she told Padmé reassuringly.

Padmé sighed deeply. Other than her own internal clock, there was no way of knowing whether it was day or night in the city outside, and the monotony was starting to get to her. She'd long since stopped pacing the small confines. Her restless energy had faded, though her determined fire remained bright, as evidence by the glint of anger visible in her eyes. "How do you know?" she asked simply. Kaya shrugged, playing with her food.

"I don't. But I didn't know I was going to get out of Mos Espa either. I just kept telling myself that I would. It's what made my life bearable."

"You're an inspiration to me," Padmé told her.

"What?" Kaya asked, looking up from her plate, surprised. "You're the one who was a queen at the age of fourteen, and now you're a successful senator. I'm just an ex-slave, living off handouts - my apartment, my job, my transportation... I'm not like my brother, I don't have any special powers... and you're calling me a role model."

"It's not like I had my success handed to me, I didn't," Padmé replied. "I put forth a lot of hard work to get where I am, but I grew up in a society that views children as especially important. Everyone I knew, my parents, teachers, and neighbors, they all sacrificed to help me and my peers achieve our goals. But you..."

"Had to make it up as I went along," Kaya filled in. Padmé nodded.

"In your situation, a lot of people would have given up, but you didn't. You managed to fulfill your dreams, all on your own."
    "I got lucky," Kaya admitted. Padmé smiled.

"I think it was more than that."

The door to Anakin's room slid open. He glanced up, expecting the meal droid, but jumped to his feet as Chancellor Palpatine swept into the room.

"What is this all about?" he demanded.

"Calm down, Anakin. This is all for your own protection. You'll be released shortly."

"Protection! I don't need anyone to protect me. I'm a Jedi!"

"I was under the impression that that's not true anymore." Anakin scowled.

"I am still capable of defending myself."

"The Council feared that those who attacked your wife may also be targeting you." Anakin's eyes narrowed.

"Do they fear Sith involvement?"

"We have very little information at this time, but we are researching this and keeping our threat analyses updated. Your sister is in protective custody as well."

"I can help," Anakin declared. "How long are you planning to keep me here?"

Palpatine ran the pros and cons through his head. Really, he was gaining nothing by keeping Anakin imprisoned, and as long as he continued to think Padmé was deceased, allowing him an outlet for his destructive energies might prove to further his cause. Finally the Chancellor nodded. "I'll see what I can do."

Kaya woke up in the middle of her assigned sleeping shift when she heard Padmé retching. The other woman was on her knees in the opposite corner of the room. Kaya got up and walked over to her.

"What's wrong?" she asked gently. Padmé shook her head, indicating her confusion. A few seconds later she emptied her stomach again. Kaya watched helplessly as Padmé drew in a shaky breath.

"Sorry," Padmé said, sound

5. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Great post. Somebody trying to poison them. Goes to free Anakin, then sends doctor to them with antidote. :D

Wonderful interaction between Anakins sister and Padme.

6. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    hmmmm for some odd reason I don't believe that it was poisin. . .

but do you really want Palpy to know ???

7. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    Kaya looked up from her plate, upon which sat a meat and vegetable concoction that loosely resembled stew. *chuckles* Hooray for tasty prison fare!! :D

The scene with Padme and Kaya about the role models was very touching. It's nice to see them geting along so well.

"Do they fear Sith involvement?" Duh Ani! You're talking to one! *frustrated growl*

Poisoned?? Hmm.... Maybe it's morning sickness. [face_mischief]

Oh, by the way-- I love your avatar marimijade!! Yay for Homestar Runner and the gang! :D

8. maramijade

Feb 17, 2000
    Bellyup-- I wonder why there wasn't a Strong Bad. .. :( :: pouts:: they had Burbs for crying out loud!

but the Cheat rocks. ..

TROGDOR THE BURNINATOR !!!!! :: goes into a rousing rendition of trogdor. . . ::

:: blushes:: wha?? ;)

9. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    Yeah, I looked through the whole nine or whatever pages of icons, and there was a Strong Sad but no Strong Bad!! I mean, he's the star of the whole show! Yeah, Homestar is pretty cute, but Strong Bad rocks the world. I wonder how he types with those gloves on though.... [face_mischief]

10. PadmeSolo00

Aug 15, 2003
    Posined? are you sure? i assumed it was morning sickness....

Excellent, must have more!

11. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    *plays Waltz in E minor, Opus Uppitus*

*bows*

12. PadmeSolo00

Aug 15, 2003
    UPPPPP! UPPP!

UP TO THE TOP!

13. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    Ugh, it's finals week. <glares menacingly at Darth College Life>

I don't know how long it's gonna take me to get out a post. I'll try to work on it on Thanksgiving break, but I've kinda hit a road block. I know where I want to go, but I don't know how to get there. You know, you're at point A and you know what point Z is, you just can't figure out points B-Y. Does this happen to anyone else?

14. PadmeSolo00

Aug 15, 2003
    Yes, it happens to me all the time, I sympathize. *wishes away darth collage life, and Darth writers block*

Good luck on your finals!

*makes popcorn while waitning for the next post*

Popcorn anyone?

15. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    Only if it has cheese on it!!

*shakes Parmesan over bowl of popcorn*

Mmmm....tenderable and nice...

16. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    Mmm... popcorn. Story on hiatus. Yeah, cause it's time for Christmas specials. I think I'm gonna write a short Kaya story for the Holiday Challenge. I'm gonna try anyway.

17. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    Success! The first post of my holiday fic is posted here Simple Gifts Go read it.

18. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    I just did! :) Very nice.

19. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    UUPPP!!!

20. PadmeSolo00

Aug 15, 2003
    UP!

UPPP!

UP to the top!

21. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    Holiday story finished. I met a deadline! :eek: Next post of this story is in the works, but it's back to school, so I have to find free time. Sorry in advance if it takes a while. Thanks for the ups.

22. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    Here's another one. ;)

23. maramijade

Feb 17, 2000
    looking forward to more :D

24. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    More popcorn anyone? My brother got some special Nacho Cheese seasoning for Christmas! Maybe I'll snitch some...

*a pale orange cloud covers popcorn for a minute*

Yumm!

25. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    Ooh, that cheese popcorn sounds good. By the way, Bellyup, I love your reactions to RotK, and I completely agree. Anyway, here's an update. It's shorter than I normally like to post, but I think you deserve something since I don't know how long it'll take me to get another "writer's flood" (term coined by someone somewhere on the holiday challenge thread). Don't forget to review. Thanks for the ups, they keep me motivated. :D

The Chancellor was true to his word. No more than an hour after their visit, the door to Anakin's cell slid open again, this time revealing a middle-aged man that Anakin recognized as Palpatine's head of security.
    "You are free to go," he said simply.
    "I need to catch up on the investigation," Anakin replied as he followed the older man down the hall. "I'll need access to the case files. I assume it's your department running the show." The officer nodded curtly.
    "I will get you the required clearance."
    "And I want to see my sister." Now the officer stopped, turning back to face Anakin.
    "I do not have the authority to grant that request."
    "Who does?"
    "You will have to speak to the Chancellor."

"Why can't I see her?"
    "I've already told you, Anakin," Palpatine replied. "Kaya is in protective custody. I agreed to letting you out because I trust your ability to protect yourself - "
    "My sister survived a childhood as a slave on Tatooine. Don't tell me she's not capable of protecting herself. Keeping her isolated like this, that's not protection, that's inprisonment."
    "Anakin - "
    "I'm not asking you to spring her, I'm just asking to see her. She's the only family I've got."
    Palpatine matched his stare, finally nodding. "She will be briefed on the threat, and then I will send her to your quarters. Expect her arrival tonight."
    "Thank you."

Kaya was surprised, to put it mildly, when her meal was brought not by a droid, but a uniformed security officer. She regarded him warily, not taking the tray he offered. He set it down with a shrug.
    "Your brother has asked to see you."
    "Are you going to let him?"
    "Yes. But there are rules."
    "Why are you keeping me here? I thought the Republic had laws against holding someone without a criminal charge."
    "Technically, you are not being jailed, you are being held in protective custody. And in certain cases of extreme threats to the government security, it is sometimes viewed as safer to keep as many people in the dark as possible."
    "What are these rules?"
    "You are aware that a serious threat was made on Senator Amidala's life." Kaya nodded.
    "Both of us could have been killed."
    "You're brother believes that his wife is dead. For already stated reasons, he must continue to believe this."
    "That's cruel," Kaya demanded. "And he'll know I'm lying anyway. He's a Jedi."
    "That is not your concern or mine. You must not tell him."
    "I can't keep something like that from him."
    "He will know that something is wrong if you are not released to his custody."
    "His custody?!" Kaya exclaimed. "I'm five years older than him."
    "Okay, fine, bad choice of words," the officer admitted. "But if he doesn't get to see you, he could... cause problems. Still, I need your assurance that he will not get from you any information that he is not supposed to have."
    "What are you trying to say?"
    "I am authorized to administer a drug that will erase your short-term memory. You can not give Anakin information that you no longer possess. He will be told that you sustained the mental injury in the explosion. I don't want to have to do this."
    "I won't say anything." The officer smiled.

"Are you feeling better?" the medic asked. Padmé nodded, sipping slowly from the glass of water she'd been offered.
    "What's wrong with me?"
    "Your symptoms are common for your condition." Padmé narrowed her eyes.
    "Condition? What is it, some kind of after

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.