main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends More To Life (J+J) Songfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -Trickster-, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Trickster-

-Trickster- Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2003
    My first attempt at a songfic, so lmk what you think. I was listening to the radio when I heard this song and suddenly got an idea. :) Hope you like!! Oh, and please, if you read it? Don't lurk...tell me what you think!!!!

EDIT: Song is '(There's got to be) More to Life' by Stacey Orrico.

Jaina sighed mentally as she heard Wedge go off about handing in updated rosters. She turned her attention to the only subject that could hold her fascination through the simple fact that he was a mystery. And her subject of study was sitting right in front of her, making it all the more simple to look as if she were paying close attention.

She saw him flinch, as if he sensed her watching him, but Jagged Fel?s gaze never left the front of the room and his pacing uncle. It was amazing how little she truly knew about the person he was; sure, he came from the Unknown Regions, but everyone knew that. She could access his file any time she wanted to, but that only told her of his achievements. She had everything at her fingertips, but she couldn?t seem to get past yelling at this man.

I've got it all, but I feel so deprived
    I go up, I come down and I'm emptier inside

It was well past midnight and, while Jaina knew she should tell Kyp she was going to go to the mess hall and then see to the damage her X-Wing had taken in, she didn?t. They?d gone through enough trouble in the battle against the Vong; Kyp deserved to sleep. He didn?t seem to think so, however, for she felt a presence tentatively touch her through the Force. Jaina responded with a soft brush through the Force, telling him that all was well and he should go back to sleep.

No doubt the other person she really wouldn?t mind seeing was asleep as well. He deserved that time in unconsciousness just as much as Kyp did, if not more. Even if I would like to be with him, Jaina thought to herself. Quickly she shook the thoughts from her head. Jagged Fel did not like her. She was just another piece of Rebel scum to him. But that didn?t mean she didn?t find herself wishing she was more to him.

Tell me what is this thing that I feel like I?m missing
    And why can?t I let go

She bypassed the mess hall altogether; her walk had gotten her awake enough so that she would be able to concentrate on her X-Wing. Cappie wasn?t in his usual spot behind the cockpit, but she didn?t mind working alone. The hanger mechanics were all long-gone into sleep, the sleep cycle having started a good few hours ago. Jaina hadn?t even bothered to check the Force to see if anyone else was on the hanger. She probably should?ve. She?d probably get an earful from Kyp when he found out. And then another earful from Wedge and Tycho. Or Sharr and Piggy. Not for the first time in her life, Jaina Solo wished that she could just be a normal teenager and not have to worry about if she?d be alive the next night.

There's gotta be more to life...
    Than chasing down every temporary high to satisfy me

As she hadn?t bothered to see if the hanger was clear, she hadn?t noticed the pilot leaning against his craft watching the stars. Well, he?d originally been watching the stars, but at the sight of Jaina Solo entering the docking bay he?d redirected his studies. It was just as peaceful to watch her working on her ship, cursing ever now and then, as it was to watch the stars.

Soundlessly, so as not to startle the working Jedi - if he could in fact do such a thing - Jag got to his feet and began walking towards the hanger exit. A particularly intense string of curses followed him. He recognized a few as ones he?d heard Han Solo say and then a few more that he couldn?t help but blush at. Another string of curses floated out, this time not reserved to Basic. Vaguely Jag thought he recognized Wookiee among the words spoken.

He watched her as she hopped down from wherever she?d been inside her X-Wing?s frame and froze as her eyes locked on him. He could drown in those eyes...a perfect brandy-brown colour that seemed to be endless. When Jag finally realiz

2. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    AWWW! That was great, -Trickster-!!! *hugs* Great job- both Jaina and Jag were so cute there!

3. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    *grins* Thanks so much Lt! I didn't know what people would think of it... :D

4. puppyglo

puppyglo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2003
    Aww... That was so sweet! I loved the last line...

A smile appeared on Jag?s face as he replied. ?That?s what I wanted to tell you.?

5. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    :D *beams* it took me like 20 minutes to figure out how to end it right; glad it worked. :) :) :)

6. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    That was great!!! :D The last line was the best. [face_love]

J&J

7. SpikeLeadJF

SpikeLeadJF Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2003
    ah that was beautiful Trickster! *wipes away tear* i love that last line!
    ~*SpikeLead*~

8. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Love it, girl! *cheers for -Trickster-* Very nice Jaina. ALrighty, I'm a bit out of it right now so I'll post a better review or wutever later!
    Ciao!
    Targeter

9. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    very very nice! i LOVE song fics! u did a great job with this one.

-jj00

10. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    *blinks at the many people that have responded* Thanks everyone! *grins* Maybe I should do more of these fics...*cackles* Of course, DRL has been preventing me from doing my actual FanFic- stupid DWB- but hey. :)

11. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    hey question for all you peeps out there. is it clausable to make a Songfic into a string of them?

12. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    Plenty of people have done it- I don't see why it should be any different with you 8-}

13. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    *cackles* Excellent. I may just have to do that. *types away*

14. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
  15. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    Oh, I will. Never you worry.

16. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    Hey, sequel kinda thing here!!

Linger

17. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    ¡°What was that for?¡± Jaina asked tentatively, slightly breathless.

A smile appeared on Jag¡¯s face as he replied. ¡°That¡¯s what I wanted to tell you.¡±

Wow, that was an awesome j/j viggie. could i post it on my j/j fanfic archive?

~aeryn

18. puppyglo

May 25, 2003
    I know I already reveiwed this but I love it! I adore song-fics... I wish I could write J/J! Great job!

19. KataiJade

KataiJade Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2002
    Great Job Trickster!!

This line was my fav: thats what i wanted to tell you

That is soooo Jag!

Greaser

20. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    I just realized I had more replied! *feels really stupid*

Aeryn - Thankies!! And yeah, go ahead! I've got another 'story' of songfics to add, if you want. :D

Puppyglo Thankies much! And I'm sure you could if you tried. ;)

KataiJade Thanks thanks! I wasn't sure if I could portray Jag right, but I guess I did okay!

21. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    *Shamelessly ups self*

Oh, should anyone read this, Announcement!!!

I, me *gasp* have been nominated for Best New Author, so if all you peoples could please keep that in mind, yeah. You get the idea.

I'm also gunna do my own little sort of promoting, so deal. My other unappreciated AU story, Why The Force Not?, has been nominated for Most Underrated Story. It's an AU Wraith Squadron thing with a whole bunch of OC characters, but if people might take the time to read it and/or remember me/it in the Awards thing, I'd be most appreciative. Thank you all!

[Yes, I probably should and could have told you this earlier, but I forgot. *sighs*]

22. puppyglo

May 25, 2003
    Thankies much! And I'm sure you could if you tried

I just did! :D It is a little story 'bout Jag and Jaina's wedding! It is called I Do, more of a song fic, if you want to check it out (hint, hint, wink, wink, nudge, nudge) [face_mischief] 8-}

23. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    *takes said hint* *runs off to read*

[yes, this is a legalized up issued by the GFFA]

24. Eariwien_Starsong

Eariwien_Starsong Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 19, 2003
    Sho cute! W00T! PM me when you've got your new songfic up!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.