main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN More Toy Finds.... Again

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by GMSepiroth, Jun 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    In general, I would say that slightly retooled and repainted is worse than just repeats. This is because there are a lot of people who complain that I could never find figure X. Much is the case with any of the Darth Vader Unleashed. If you were to re-release the same figure on the same card, those people would be able to find it. However, if you retool it a little many of those people who are snapping them up the first time around are going to do it again.

As for this wave, we've known it's been coming for a while. It was reported earlier in this thread that if you pop the helmet off the Unleashed Stormtrooper that Han is revealed. This Clone Trooper looks much better even if it is the same mold, but I'll miss the other trooper that had been on the base. As for Chewbacca, I'm not surprised. KB did the same thing. I believe they had the 12" OTC Chewbacca exclusive and now have the 12" ROTS Chewbacca exclusive. I think the only difference is the weapon.

What I want is the current wave of Unleashed: Yoda vs. Darth Sidious, Asajj Ventress, and Darth Vader (re-pack).

2. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    What I want is the current wave of Unleashed: Yoda vs. Darth Sidious, Asajj Ventress, and Darth Vader (re-pack).

Has that wave hit Nashville stores yet?

3. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    we only saw one set of the Mpire m&m things.....amidala and 3p0..those are great! then we saw a ton of SW car air fresheners and keychains we'd never seen before....what fun. ;) and they actually smelled good to!

4. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    No one locally has reported seeing it, but they're hitting other parts of the country.

As for the Chocolate Mpire figures, I picked up the Luke & Leia last night at the CS Wal-Mart. That wave also includes Han Solo & Boba Fett, Count Dooku & Darth Maul, and Queen Amidala & R2-D2 & C-3PO. These figures were only a few cents cheaper at WMt than TRU, priced $1 or so over the Galactic Heroes figures.

At Target, the playschool Luke with Speeder Bike was on clearance for under $7.

5. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    The Vader is not a re-pack. It is a new sculpt. I have yet to see them myself and I have only see one report of them being found anywhere.

6. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    Rebelscum.com states today that the Last two waves of the Unleashed line are the end :_| ...that's it they are canceling the best thing they have done...I can understand the 12", but not the Unleashed....Are they that stupid? The article says they have some new 2" 4 packs or something.

7. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    I read that, too. :( The Unleashed line was the only one of the three lines (3 3/4", 12") that I planned to continue collecting. Most people can't afford the $45 and $300 statues that Gentle Giant and Attackus make, so this is much more affordable. For those who don't want to play with their figures, this is the only line that is best. Maybe we should start a petition. Of course, we might need examples of what figures we want in this line. Oddly, the first one to come to mind is an Anakin-Padme wedding. I can certainly see how there are limits. I think they've made most of the bounty hunters and sith lords and at least one of each of the rebels except Lando.

8. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    I too am morning the loss of the Unleashed line. Despite my only having a few of these I would still say it is the best line Hasbro has done in a long time. They are going to be replaced by 2" figs... gimmie a break. No matter how cool they are it wont match an 8" fig. Maybe Hasbro thinks that is what we want because the Attacktix are selling so well. And Attacktix ARE very cool. They are turning into my new obsession.

I got my 500th Vaders from ShowStarWars.Com today. They are very cool. But the package is the best. I got one to open but the package is so cool I dont want to now. They were not packed as well as other figs I got from SSW.com but are still mint.

9. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    This news is a little old, but Sunday I found 7 of the 8 m&m's figure 2-packs at the Rivergate Wal-Mart. They did not have any of the Vader/Stormtrooper packs, but had at least one of each of the remaining ones when I left.

The TRU up there had FOUR of the Clone Trooper 3-packs. Two were all white; two had one trooper with some red highlights. Also, the LOTR Trivial Pursuit DVD game finally got marked down to $19.99, so I got that. Who wants to play (we could play the SW DVD version instead)? I think the SNL game was under $10.

Also, to those contemplating whether to buy any Sin City merchandise, Media Play has it 50% off. I didn't notice this at 100 Oaks, but did at Rivergate, so I got the 2' x 3' color Nancy poster for under $5 with tax.

10. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    In addition to the 50% off Sin City sale (good luck finding many of the figures), Media Play is also cutting all clearance items 50% off lowest price. Just look for items with the 25% clearance stickers. I was able to pick-up all of the $9.99 Jay & Silent Bob Inaction Figures for $3.74 each. Also grabbed the Catwoman by Kia A(something or nother) that was $21.99 for just $8 and change. Man what a hot looking statue.

11. Skywalker2584

Skywalker2584 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2004
    If you aren't secluded to your living room reading Harry Potter tommorow head to Cool Springs TRU and buy the $16.99 500th Edition Vaders we got in stock off the truck today that'll probably be worked out tommorow morning. And all the better the doors opena t 9 instead of 10 cause of wizards and wizardry.

12. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I picked up the 500th Vader Tuesday at the Bellevue TRU. Gooooood stuff.

Nolensville Road K-mart has Anakin Evolution sets and Jedi vs. Sith Battle Packs (can't decide which Anakin looks worse). 3 of each when I was done.

And don't forget to pick up your 2005 Hallmark Keepsake ornaments--they went on sale today (Slave Leia, Clone Trooper, Jedi Starfighter, *another* talking Vader, and a mini Falcon & Vader TIE).

13. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    I picked up the 500th figure Vader this morning at TRU in CS. I had to ask someone for it as they weren't out yet. They had them in the back & the packaging is really cool!

14. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    They've yet to hit Antioch, and I even asked. Are they (500th Vader) a TRU exclusive?

15. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    The 500th Vaders are not an exclusive. I got mine online. And have had them for awhile now. It is a great display piece even when taken out of the package. In fact I like it beter out of the pack. The chamber is a base all by itself. Just leave Vader straped into it. And the dome snaps on and off even without the package base. Thumbs WAY up on this one.

Xmas is here. I picked up the Hallmark 501st clone. I also plan to pick up the all the rest (minus the starfighter). Yes, its anohter Vader but it Bespin Vader. This will be the first yr I buy more than one Hallmark orniment.

ShopStarWars.Com now has the ComicCon Holo Leia avalible for order. $14 each.

And for anyone that missed it here are the last 12 figures in the ROTS line, bringing the total to 68.

Collection 1:
    III-57: Commander Bly
    III-58: Wookiee Commando
    III-59: Commander Gree
    III-60: Grievous's Bodyguard (white)
    III-61: Passel Argente
    III-62: Cat Miin (Shu Mai?s Aide)
    Collection 2:
    III-63: Neimoidian Commander
    III-64: R4-P7
    III-65: Tactical Ops Trooper (501st Trooper)
    III-66: Plo Koon Holographic
    III-67: Aayla Secura Holographic
    III-68: Wookiee Heavy Gunner

From what I read the Wookies, Clones, and Neimoidian are bascaly variations.
    The only ones I am interested in are the clones.

16. TamboFett

Jul 8, 2003
    I have not seen a new Star \Wars toy in weeks....the pegs remind me of my EX-wife.

17. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Empty and pointy, with little tags that tease you?

On a bright note, my Wal-Mart restocked again and I was able to pick up much that I've missed.
    Still no sign of 45 through 56...
    Has anybody seen the Black Clone Pilot anywhere yet?

18. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Looks like the Holo Leias are sold out. Can't find them using the search engine.

19. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    ummmm..did you look on starwarsshop.com?

20. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    The Leia's ARE sold out.

I ordered an extra so there may be one up for trade... for say a black clone pilot or a 501st clone. I need a pair of each of these. If anyone comes by them I will buy them outright if you dont want to trade.

21. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002
    Do you think you guys could NOT post on here where you find stuff? How about from now on, just post WHAT you find and NOT where it is. There seems to be a pattern here of somebody finds something, for example "I found 8 Unleashed Vaders at Murfreesboro Wal Mart today!"

Well, by the time those of us that need that item get there, how many are left?

NONE!

Anybody know why?

I think because people (Scalpers) who aren't even members of NAD or the 501st watch these forums and jump all over this stuff before we can get out there.

I remember one day someone posted at 8 PM they found about 10 of a certain thing I was looking for. I got off work at 3 PM the NEXT DAY, drove all the way over there and found nothing. But you better believe they had that stuff in Outer Limits the next day for twice the price!

So, how about just posting "Hey I found X-item today" and let those of us that need it or want it PM you for the location. There seems to be only about 10 active members on this board lately, and all this stuff is gone 10 minutes after it's posted.

So help those of us that are in the group and want this stuff for our own collections and NOT E-bay get stuff and fight the scalpers!

That's the end of my little rant for the day.

22. TamboFett

Jul 8, 2003
    Sounds like a good idea...What would be better is a board that is restricted to members only, but that is not in the cards. I know for a fact that scalpers have looked at this board before and a few Hardcore collectors/ebay people as well that are not members. Maybe we could set up a easy code for locations and stores for members only. Then we can say I found the 500th Vaders at store X location 4A or something like that.

23. Skywalker2584

Skywalker2584 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2004
    Anyway in thatc ase I think i have a line on the next Unleashed batch. No not the Han in armor but the New Vader, the Yoda vs. Palpatine, and Ventress. But I'm not gonig to say where. I have someone there who say he can them off the shelves for a time anyway. So screw you scalpies. I'll only devulge my info to those folks I know to be my friends in NAD RL or 501st. PM me anyone interested.

24. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Found the deluxe BLUE clone trooper 3-packs yesterday at the Murfreesboro TRU. Also had an Unleashed Asajj Ventress hiding up in one of the valances.

25. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002
    and guess what? When I stopped in tonight, NONE! I bet they're all over at Outer Limits!

Joe, PM me please. I need the UL Vader in the worst way.

P.S> I picked up the 500th Vader today thanks to some info from a member...thank you, you-know-who! That's one toy that won't end up at OL for $30!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.