main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN More Toy Finds.... Again

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by GMSepiroth, Jun 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    the problem is, i live in Shelbyville, which is 60 miles from Nashville, I can't hop in the car everytime somebody says they find something. I do work in nashville and try to check out the places people post about, but it never fails that by the time I get off work the next day and drive over to these places, there's nothing there.

That's why I said people shouldn't post where they find things. I'm beginning to suspect there's a scalper among us. Certain things people have posted finding are usually gone within 12 hours, and showing up on ebay.

I just got a PM about somebody finding something I was looking for, but it's not going to be posted on the board! If I get over there tomarrow and it's still there, then I guess that just adds to my idea that a NAD member is scalping everything.

2. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Come one Loki, you cant really think that the 6 people who post on this thread are the only 6 people in all of middle TN who buy SW toys.

3. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Remember those 'gift packs' I reported earlier. Well I just read a post on Rebelscum.com That says the Titanium Series packs have been found in VA Beach VA.
    Just think I could have been the one to take the glory of reporting the find. Oh well. But the Toymaster was right about what was in the box.

4. clutch1

clutch1 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    I can buy as many as they have, but it seems every time I do that for someone, they never send me the money and I end up with stuff I don't need. If you want, I'll get them and ship them to you. Just charge you for the actual price, plus postage and maybe a couple of bucks for my gas. Just lemme know.

5. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    If it's one of those hard to find items or a few figure, you could always hide them in a secret location such as (behind the Lord of the Rings box set or behind the RC boat) Then post the location. If someone else nabbs it before we can get to it we will be one step closer to finding the secret Sith Scalper.

6. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002
    Today I found:

6 SA clonetroopers
    Han solo Stormtrooper force battler
    Sith VS. Jedi Battlepack
    Titanium Series giftpack
    Tarkin
    Bacara
    Repainted #6 clone (501st)
    Ventress Unleashed
    Anakin evolutions

I left 2 SA clones, 1 solo FB, 4 Jedi VS. Sith, 3 Titanium giftpacks, 3 anakin evo's, and I got the only Tarkin and bacara that I found.

7 stores, two hours, but I'm pleased with my little finds.

PM me for locations! (Warning, these are at many locations from nashville to murfreesboro.)

Oh, and I don't have to discover the identity of our scalper, a quick trip to ebay tells me everything.
    When somebody posts they found 4 500 Vaders on tuesday night, and by Wednesday morn they're all gone and they start popping up on ebay on thursday, it's easy to do the math.

7. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    i would be careful before you start pointing fingers....it could be if there is a scalper they lurk here and read the same posts you do. i would not assume that any of the NAD people that sell on ebay are scalpers. The vader in question is $14.99 at target and is just about the same on ebay.I don't think anyone would be making a profit on them just yet.
    If you are angry because someone won't do the legwork for you and hold stuff or hide it, i'm sorry. But please don't accuse NAD members!

8. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    I'd rather HBO you guys (Help a Brother out) on these toys..they are nice to find and share with fellow members that are Star Wars fans and enjoy them for our collections....Sure some folks are going to sell some stuff on Ebay...what ever... FUBAR.

Do a search on some E-bay seller called bubbafett80 No wonder I can't find a Clone trooper figure in this area....he has them all...

9. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    Tambo I did not mean that it's not cool when someone has time or extra cash to help people out...I know I would love to buy all the ones I come accross and sell them to you guys but I simply cannot afford to buy them for Kylie much less my grown up "kids" :)
    I was just stating that it's not cool to point fingers when frustrated :(

10. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002
    I don't ask anyone to do my legwork for me, I go to just about every place people post myself, and I never see anything. Somebody is buying all this stuff as soon as it's posted. And it's not ONLY members here that are snapping it up. If you think there aren't people watching this and other collector boards daily, then you're delusional.

I can go to Outer Limits in Murfreesboro right now and get all the 500th Vaders i want, for about $25. And that place is full of everything everyone's looking for.

I'm not too worried about a couple of members getting everything, it's the 100 people who aren't members, who never post, but come here all the time to see what we find, then they clean it out.

11. clutch1

clutch1 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    I forgot how rabid this toy collecting can get. I've been through it all with most of the Spawn stuff. Now I have boxes full of action figures. It was more fun to buy them than to own them. Anything I buy now, I usually open.
    I hid a couple of 500th's behind a box above the SW's stuff at the K-Mart on Donnelson Pike a couple of days ago if anybody wants them. How lame-o is that? :)

12. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    not lame........but maybe you should have asked for a pm on the hiding place so someone that wants them can look...i do believe that people lurk here and take the best picks, so if you have made the effort to hide or have made a great find, request a pm from the toy collectors!

13. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002
    Score again!

Found Obi-Wan Red Leader pilot
    Zett
    Antilles
    Shock Trooper

All at one Wal Mart today, and no, I didn't buy every one, there's still a couple of each left. Amazing what I'm starting to find out there now that we've stopped posting WHERE stuff is!

Hmmmmmm....

14. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    But did you find one of these?

15. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    I picked up Faith Hill's new album at Kmart this morning and figured I'd check on the SW figures. Picked up 2 Commander Bacara, 2 Anakin Mustafar, 1 R2-D2 with Sound effects, 1 Clone Commander, 2 500th Vaders, and a Cantina Scene 1 that was on clearance. Other than maybe one of the Bacara's these are HBO figures. So I now have #45-53 to pass along to a collector in need. They also had Vader and C-3PO Super deformed and a bunch of old clone #6's.

16. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    Thst's so wrong!!!!!!!!
    just about as bad as the ANH "charred beru and owen"

17. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002
    corey needs 500 Vader.

Heck, bring em all to the prop party. I may take a couple off ya, too.

18. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    WOW a gay stormtrooper action figure!!!!!

i wonder who's idea that was????probably some wannabe.......

19. TK-6873

TK-6873 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Probably from the Empire Garrison's collection.....

20. Skywalker2584

Skywalker2584 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2004
    I have got 1 of the following through the usual channels so pm me if you are interested: Bacara, Black Clone Pilot, Green Clone Commander.

21. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    This is kindof late, but I had a good find at the Hickory Hollow Mall Suncoast on Saturday. I picked up 2 of the 12" Ultimate Villain, one 12" Clone Trooper, the BARC Speeder with trooper, ROTS miniatures Starter set, and the Attacktix starter for a whopping total of $70. I started out getting just one 12" Villain and Clone Trooper because they were marked as 25% off clearance. However, they were 50% off the clearance price, so I got more stuff.

I left a couple of figures, some Lego set, and several Attacktix boosters.

22. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    Picked up several of the repainted #6 clones this weekend. Also found one #33 repainted and the Obi-Wan pilot. Saw at least 10 each of 48-50, a handful of 51-53, but none of 45-47, 54, or 56. So I have 46-53, 55, and 6 (red) plus an Unleashed wave and Stormtrooper that are looking for a new home. Contact me if you want to check out store inventories or want to help clear out my HBO inventory.

23. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    I thought I would give y'all a heads up on a new figure. [image=http://www.starwars.com/collecting/shop/shopnews/img/20050829_2_bg.jpg]
    There is a NEW Clonetrooper version, the "Covert ops Trooper" w/ collectors case only available at STARWARSSHOP.COM. Evidently, the new backer card supports the Episode III Cover art too.

24. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    YAY!!!!!!!! FINALLY!! (this could also go in the "W00t!!" thread!)

at the Mboro walmart they had quite a few # 50's and the 54s. got me one each. my toy finding circle is now complete. :)

i think it's funny tho on the #50 anakin has his gold arm, then the other one is also chopped off....but both his legs are intact. lol oh well.

they also had alot of 49,56,55 48 and 51s

25. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    Found the Jedi vs. Separatist Battlepack and the Rebel vs. Empire Battlepack as well as a couple of the #56 Mustafar Sentry figures yesterday. Anybody need these?

I am still missing an AT-RT Driver. I wouldn't mind an AT-TE Gunner. I think I had one, but passed it along to DVDMaster.

I still have an extra of Captain Antilles, Zett Jukassa, and Utapauan Warrior. I also have an Obi-Wan pilot and repainted #6 Clone that I have been holding for someone else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.